#141 Selfboy13

Selfboy13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Current Device(s):Huawei Mytouch U8680, Kindle Fire HD

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

I can get to  the clockworkmod screen but cant do anything.

To find the Image folder, refer to my reply #136, Step 8.  I use Windows so take that into account.

With your Huawei USB drivers installed:

1.  Boot into "pink screen" (VOL-UP, VOL-DWN, POWER).

2.  Connect usb to phone.

3.  Notice that you now have a new drive under "My Compter" (or equivalent name)..

4.  Look at the new drive and there will be one folder called "image".

5.  In that folder are all the files that are referred to when talking about the "Pink Screen".

I cannot do anything when i am on clockwordmod except to move up and down.

#142 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

I believe your problem is the Boot.img file you installed.  I assume it's job is to boot the ICS system and is not compatible with the Gingerbread ROM.  Putting back the original boot.img file should allow a normal boot in Gingerbread.  If you don't have it you can get the files from:  http://www.4shared.c...52/_online.html or you can get the original ROM install from http://forum.gsmhost...ml#post8821770.

In CWM, if you moved up and down then you are using the Volume keys.  The Camera key allows you to select what ever is currently highlighted.  The Power key backs you out of the sub-menus.  If these keys are not working, for whatever reason, then I don't know of any other way for you to do the ICS upgrade.

#143 Selfboy13

Selfboy13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

I believe your problem is the Boot.img file you installed.  I assume it's job is to boot the ICS system and is not compatible with the Gingerbread ROM.  Putting back the original boot.img file should allow a normal boot in Gingerbread.  If you don't have it you can get the files from:  http://www.4shared.c...52/_online.html or you can get the original ROM install from http://forum.gsmhost...ml#post8821770.

In CWM, if you moved up and down then you are using the Volume keys.  The Camera key allows you to select what ever is currently highlighted.  The Power key backs you out of the sub-menus.  If these keys are not working, for whatever reason, then I don't know of any other way for you to do the ICS upgrade.

My problem is that i was trying to used the power button to select. Now I running the rom just perfectly. Thanks so much for all the help

#144 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

My problem is that i was trying to used the power button to select. Now I running the rom just perfectly. Thanks so much for all the help

You're welcome!

#145 Mayobe

Mayobe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:50 AM

How long should the final reboot take on this? I was able to follow all of the instructions from OP, but after the final reboot it's been sitting on the T-Mobile boot screen for about 10 minutes now.

Edit: Nevermind, I retried a few different times and it finally took. The instructions in OP work on my U8680, but I had to get familiar with CWM first. To clarify, the factory reset is in the top level menu, but the format stuff is in the mounts and storage submenu. When it says 'reboot recovery', use the actual reboot recovery command in CWM, and when it says 'reboot system', use the actual reboot system command in CWM. It takes about 60 seconds to boot the first time, then ICS.

Cheers. :)

#146 benjiboi2

benjiboi2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Twitter:@plsnoautografs
  • LocationChicago Illinois
  • Current Device(s):Mytouch 4G Huawei u8680

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hi, Has anyone figured out how to enable 4g instead of 3g or H on u8680 running u8681 ics? Thanks 

#147 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 04:06 PM

Hi, Has anyone figured out how to enable 4g instead of 3g or H on u8680 running u8681 ics? Thanks 

I haven't really used ICS yet since I decided to replace my touch screen (waiting on the new screen).  However, on post #128 above (from ttrout678), he said he was able to get 4g going again after talking to T-Mobile.  He has his email info posted and I'd suggest contacting him to see if he can be of any help.  Then please post what you have learned here so it can be of help to others (including me!).

Update:  Regarding 4G operation, I've heard back from Ttrout678.  He said T-Mobile changed his APN settings for him and it worked (he didn't actually do it himself).  Here is a link to T-Mobile instructions (http://support.t-mob.../docs/DOC-1976 ) which I assume are what was done for his phone.  I can't test it out myself since I'm on LycaMobile instead of T-Mobile.

#148 Selfboy13

Selfboy13

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:52 PM

I haven't really used ICS yet since I decided to replace my touch screen (waiting on the new screen).  However, on post #128 above (from ttrout678), he said he was able to get 4g going again after talking to T-Mobile.  He has his email info posted and I'd suggest contacting him to see if he can be of any help.  Then please post what you have learned here so it can be of help to others (including me!).

I called tmobile, but i still run 3g. I don't know how he did that.

#149 Lefny

Lefny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):N73

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:53 AM

hii good day i have new here ...... after update automatic my u8730 brick on it it is impossible to boot cwm i want help to boot it and flash after please

#150 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

hii good day i have new here ...... after update automatic my u8730 brick on it it is impossible to boot cwm i want help to boot it and flash after please

Try and get back to the stock ROM.  You can download it here:  https://www.mediafir.../#sa8vbgvqvmq66.  The install instructions are in the ROM zip file.   If it is truly bricked, then I have no other suggestions.

#151 nathanael

nathanael

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Google+:lelouchamiel@gmail.com
  • Locationphilippines
  • Current Device(s):huawei mytouch4g u8680

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:56 PM

can you help me??i try this on my huawei u8680,but im stock in antroid4g t-mobile. :( im new here.and 2days searching how to fix my u8680.please help....

#152 adelfuad

adelfuad

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationamman
  • Current Device(s):MyTouch U8730 Q (Huawei) T-Mobile

Posted 15 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

hi everybody

i have T-Mobile U8730 Q ( Gingerbread 2.3.6 ) how i can add more languages 

and can i upgrade the firmware 

#153 muskamj

muskamj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

Are you trying to install ICS and unable to format System with CWM? 

The fix, in short, is to use "Cwm Recovery - Tethered And Unstable!" (http://www.droidrzr....d-and-unstable/).  The fix, in long, is what follows.  Please note that I tried many things, so these aren't my exact steps.  But I believe these are the steps that actually achieved the install of ICS (done on Windows 7).

The download url on that link is not working.  Does anyone happen to have a copy of this file that could be reposted or sent to me?  I'm running Windows so I would need the Windows version.

#154 frankvii

frankvii

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:56 AM

The download url on that link is not working.  Does anyone happen to have a copy of this file that could be reposted or sent to me?  I'm running Windows so I would need the Windows version.

You can download the files from here:  http://batakang.com/ftp/?dir=hwu8680 (same website but it looks like they changed their domain name).  I edited the original post so that it shows this link.  Also posted the link on the original "Cwm Recovery - Tethered And Unstable" thread.

• muskamj likes this

#155 muskamj

muskamj

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

You can download the files from here:  http://batakang.com/ftp/?dir=hwu8680 (same website but it looks like they changed their domain name).  I edited the original post so that it shows this link.  Also posted the link on the original "Cwm Recovery - Tethered And Unstable" thread.

Thanks a lot!  That did the trick.  Now my wife's phone is at least semi-usable.  The rotation issue is kind of a pain, but locking everything in portrait works and I also installed nova launcher and the default Android keyboard to fix a couple minor issues.  

#156 idpk96

idpk96

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

I need to fix the camera and auto rotation un u8730

#157 Lefny

Lefny

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Current Device(s):N73

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

I need to fix the camera and auto rotation un u8730

Us

#158 grmoro

grmoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Hi. Did anyone finally get a working custom rom for this device? I really liked the Huawei myTouch Q U8730 G312, but running Android 2.3 is going to be a real problem once official Google supports stops, and it would really be a shame too!

#159 Igtampe

Igtampe

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Google+:Igtampe
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted 17 January 2016 - 09:05 PM

HEY!

The Mediafire links are all dead.

Could someone re-upload their flashable zip?

#160 dwk4ever

dwk4ever

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:05 AM

pls can i get hwu8681 zip file..all the links are broken

and hw do i stop cmw frm rebooting on u8680

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users