#1 Camwin

Camwin

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorolla RAZR M

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Well as the title suggests my screen broke. When I normally boot up adb is "offline" tho I always leave it on so idk how, researched an saw most had to use adb in recovery instead of a noscreen way of enabling but I'm having problems in recovery as well so my questions are

1. Does TWRP even have adb turned on as soon as its booted or only though options? Don't get anything in the List of devices

2. Button combo to power off without touching the screen, keep trying and just holding power seems to reboot the phone, so does holding Vol- and power, tho believe its going into recovery if I old down Vol- but then if I pull the cord out once or twice it reboots the phone which I don't remember it doing?

#2 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Your screen is broke I get that. What are you looking to do?

#3 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

Not sure what your intent is but I speculate you want to either backup stuff or clean the phone. If it is truly booted why not pop in an hdmi? If the touch doesn't work you can otg a mouse. ADB is active when the phone is booted. In twrp, adb is only a side load and you have to have the recent adb for that.

Sent from my Dev S4

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#4 Joshuamink

Joshuamink

xt907er

• Superuser
  • 92 posts
  • Twitter:@joshmink
  • LocationOHIO
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR M

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Offline is adb usually is a driver problem. Check out Koush's universal ADB drivers. Works on all phones, and automatically goes into sideload mode during recovery. It seems to me the problem you are having is when you run adb on a PC, you have a popup on the phone asking to allow adb from that PC? If offline isn't a driver problem, thats the problem is in normal booted up mode you need to be able to hit OK to allow adb, if you don't it will always say offline. Sorry.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#5 sloosecannon

sloosecannon

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M, Google Asus Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Not sure what your intent is but I speculate you want to either backup stuff or clean the phone. If it is truly booted why not pop in an hdmi? If the touch doesn't work you can otg a mouse. ADB is active when the phone is booted. In twrp, adb is only a side load and you have to have the recent adb for that.

Sent from my Dev S4

You sure it's sideload only? It connects once booted to recovery w/o having to go to sideload. I'd assume that means you can run commands... Also we don't have HDMI on the M...

@OP, why do you need adb? If you have twrp, you can do pretty much everything you need from there...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users