8 replies to this topic

#1 nwh10

nwh10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have a newly acquired Razr M, which I rooted and flashed to PagePlus.

Photos are being saved to the phone in /storage/sdcard1/dcim/camera even though the camera app specifies the storage location as SD card (with 14.79GB available; card is 16GB).

My first thought was to check the storage settings. When I went into Settings/Storage, I was receiving an error message:  "Unfortunately, com.motorola.huxvmm.setting has stopped." Some googling suggested that the Verizon apps I'd frozen using Titanium Backup were causing this problem, so I unfroze them all and rebooted the phone.

Now when I go into Settings/Store, I receive an error message: "Just a few moments while we prepare this application for use. Alert - sorry we ran into a problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, call us at 800-922-0204. Error code 1000."

After clicking OK, the Storage screen opens. The SD card is displayed there. So it seems like the phone sees the card, but won't write to it.

I have cleared the cache. I am still receiving the Error code 1000 message.

I'd like to know how to get the phone to use the SD card.

Thank you!

#2 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid razer m DOA :( New phone Samsung note 3 :)

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

Sdcard 1 is your external storage. Sdcsrd 0 would be internal.

#3 nwh10

nwh10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:35 AM

Well, duh. I was expecting the external SD card to show as a different drive or at least higher up in the file tree. You are correct that the photos are being stored on the physical SD card.

But here's the strange thing. In Settings/Storage (after waiting every time for the error message to appear), the photos are shown in the Internal Storage/Pictures, videos section. In other words, if I tap on Internal Storage/Pictures, the albums display even though they physically reside on the external SD card. Why is that happening?

Also, any idea how I can get beyond the Error Code 1000 problem?

#4 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

Try factory reset.

#5 nwh10

nwh10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Try factory reset.

Ugh, that's pretty drastic. Would it cause loss of root or flash? 

#6 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

You can get voodoo off Google play and back it up if your worried. Flash I'm not sure about.

#7 nwh10

nwh10

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

I looked for Voodoo at Google Play, but didn't see anything that looked like a utility. Maybe it's a backup utility? I already have Titanium.

#8 Someolddude

Someolddude

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I looked for Voodoo at Google Play, but didn't see anything that looked like a utility. Maybe it's a backup utility? I already have Titanium.

Voodoo just backup your root so if you do loose it it will restore it. Should be on Google that's where I got it.

#9 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,129 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:19 AM

Voodoo root keeper or OTA Root Keeper

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users