7 replies to this topic

#1 Shenn

Shenn

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR Maxx HD

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

anyone using xt926 out of US having signal problem on 4.3 Rom, i used to use xt925 4.2 Roms which worked flawless but since 4.3, i am getting no signal 80% of time and the 20% of time so weak signal whether 2G or 3G (whether xt926 Rom or xt925 rom), the only Rom works ok is Probam for xt926, which is basicly PacMan, but the newer versions of PacMan having the same signal issue . i tried almost all 4.3 Roms and all of them having the signal issue unfortunately. thanks a lot in advance

#2 Cnasseri

Cnasseri

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

In all the 4.3 Roms I have tried so far, none of them had ANY signal whatsoever. I tried switching my preferred network around, but had no luck.

These are the roms I have tried: - ParandroidAndroid 4.3

- XenonHD 4.3

- CyanogenMod (latest weekly and stable versions)

- Slimbean  4.3

I am currently back on CyanogenMod waiting for some answers. If anyone is running a 4.3 rom and has fully functioning radios, please tell us what Rom you are using and what you did to make it work.

-Chris

#3 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:10 PM

There was a problem on the original Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX as well under 4.2 and 4.3 ROMs. 3G was null and void, but you could get 4g, but it was spotty as well. Probably just the way 4.3 is. I'm sure the devs will get the kinks worked out sooner or later.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#4 bweN_diorD

bweN_diorD

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

i have used pac, revolt (a few others briefly), and currently beanstalk (bad rear end). always had working radios. generally the signal bars seem to indicate a slightly weaker signal than stock, however it may just be a misrepresentation of the indicator. i haven't seen any noticeable speed decrease.

#5 sgtslaughter64

sgtslaughter64

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):926

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I am on Beanstalk 4.3. The signal bar reads low at the house, but calls are fine. Had two to three bars on 4.1

#6 threewest

threewest

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

There's an issue. 4.3 Roms must have some sort of switching preference for 4G. My phone eats battery at my office where signal is weak when on a 4.3 ROM. This week I'm off site and using the phone more than in the office and I was at 70% at 9PM on the same 4.3 ROM.

#7 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

There's an issue. 4.3 Roms must have some sort of switching preference for 4G. My phone eats battery at my office where signal is weak when on a 4.3 ROM. This week I'm off site and using the phone more than in the office and I was at 70% at 9PM on the same 4.3 ROM.

In marginal areas, I always shut off mobile data.  In my office, I always would hop around from 1x to 4g to nothing, even on my stock ROM.  It would eat battery, so I just started switching off data.  You might want to try the same.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#8 threewest

threewest

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT926

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

In marginal areas, I always shut off mobile data. In my office, I always would hop around from 1x to 4g to nothing, even on my stock ROM. It would eat battery, so I just started switching off data. You might want to try the same.

Yeah, no argument, but also not an issue on blur Roms. I've switched back and forth multiple times to test. Even phone reception is better. Sometimes my phone doesn't even ring when in the office on a 4.3 ROM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users