• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

I've had the original Droid RAZR since release, and lately it's been having hardware problems, it's sluggish, I'm due for a new phone anyway.

The Droid 4 just went to free on VZW website, and I've missed having a keyboard since my first phone was the OG DROID.

I was curious if there are as many ROM's and customization features available to the D4 as there are my RAZR? Is it worth me getting it, coming from the RAZR?

If not, since I am currently jobless I can't really afford to pay for an expensive phone, what phones would you recommend and why?

I like to tinker, I like to try out every ROM available, and I like to customize my phones, what phone offers the most versatility, that's reasonably priced?

Thanks in advance.

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

There is still "stuff" available for the droid 4 ..... me personally tho (unless you really dig the hardware keyboard) would stick with the RAZR (if that is an option for you, since you said there was some hardware issues)....

HD tappin' .... hillbilly style!!

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

There is still "stuff" available for the droid 4 ..... me personally tho (unless you really dig the hardware keyboard) would stick with the RAZR (if that is an option for you, since you said there was some hardware issues)....

I love my RAZR but my speaker doesn't work a good portion of the time, it's gotten sluggish as I had already stated, it's almost unusable as a daily phone.

I really do like the hardware keyboard, but I don't know if it's worth it to use my upgrade on practically the same phone with a keyboard attached.

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Well sluggish is typically not a hardware issue... its typically a software issue that can be fixed by fxz (fastboot back to stock) .... the speaker is also an easy fix if you are adept with fixing stuff :) .... also the speaker is cheaper than buying a whole new phone....:):)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#5 PwnFx

PwnFx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well sluggish is typically not a hardware issue... its typically a software issue that can be fixed by fxz (fastboot back to stock) .... the speaker is also an easy fix if you are adept with fixing stuff :) .... also the speaker is cheaper than buying a whole new phone.... :):)

I've fastbooted to stock, tried every rom available, with age, I feel as if the phone has gotten slower, or else I'm just mislead by the speed of newer phones compared to mine. Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users