• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:21 AM

so jellybean is now official and will be releasing sometime in july for the gnexus i assume. will the razr & maxx get this update eventually or no?

#2 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:25 AM

Won't have any idea until Motorola says. My guess. Maxx and OG no. The HD maybe

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#3 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

id hope the maxx and razr og would get it but i guess it's too early to tell.

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

I bet we don't see Jelly Bean for several months. Where do you get July from?

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:39 AM

I really don't understand why they are already releasing Jelly Bean when how many phones officially have ICS???

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#6 Ahowe125

Ahowe125

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Twitter:Ahowe125
  • Google+:Aaron Howe
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):VZW HTC One, Nexus 7

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• fixxxer2012 likes this

| 32GB Verizon HTC One - S-Off, Unlocked and Rooted on Eclipse v1.2 GPE Port |
| 16GB Nexus 7 (2013) - Unlocked and Rooted on Stock 4.4 |

#7 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

I really don't understand why they are already releasing Jelly Bean when how many phones officially have ICS???

it's the way google handles things, im also not thrilled about how they go about these updates, it's too soon and seems like a minor update.

#8 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

android central is reporting mid-july i assume for the nexus devices first.

#9 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:55 AM

I bet the Xoom gets it soon, along w/ the Gnex and maybe the Nexus Tablet due to release. But w/ any other devices....at least 6 months away.
Posted Image

#10 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:57 AM

Ya know, it really grinds my gears when people hold the G Nex in such high respect. Especially while in regards to us lowly razr owners. Pfft. Even if they get jelly bean sooner then us i'm sure devs will have it ported over for us quick fast and in a hurry and they'll still be at the bottom of the benchmarks. I swear it's almost like they are turning into apple owners the way I see them touting the GNEX gospel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#11 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I bet the Xoom gets it soon, along w/ the Gnex and maybe the Nexus Tablet due to release. But w/ any other devices....at least 6 months away.

+1 and by then "in 6 months" the next android upgrade will be coming, lol. it's an endless cycle really. im waiting to see if the verizon gs3 has signal issues or not? if not ill be buying on of those as im sure it will also get jellybean.

#12 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:59 AM

Ya know, it really grinds my gears when people hold the G Nex in such high respect. Especially while in regards to us lowly razr owners. Pfft. Even if they get jelly bean sooner then us i'm sure devs will have it ported over for us quick fast and in a hurry and they'll still be at the bottom of the benchmarks. I swear it's almost like they are turning into apple owners the way I see them touting the GNEX gospel.

coming from the gnexus myself it's a fantastic device minus the crappy radios. if it didn't have that issue i would of still been on it. i love my maxx but the locked bootloader gives me the blues.

#13 Nanniepoo

Nanniepoo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm optomistic that we'll get it. I'd imagine it wouldn't be until early next year though.

#14 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:18 AM

coming from the gnexus myself it's a fantastic device minus the crappy radios. if it didn't have that issue i would of still been on it. i love my maxx but the locked bootloader gives me the blues.

Same here, although they fixed most of the radio issues when they upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4. To me though like any Sammy phone I've held or owned, the Gnex feels cheap. I don't mind the plasticity of their tabs as it helps keep them light. But a phone, that I'm carrying everyday, all over the place. I want the strongest, highest quality build possible, and Moto gives me that. And I still think for having a locked bootloader, the Razr line has one of, if not THE, best development support out of any flagship phone out.

Also, I was thinking about getting a Nexus tab, but man, no SD card!?!?! I usually get wifi tabs as I have two unlimited lines to tether with, but this forcing of cloud data BS has got to go. I don't know how people are gonna get by w/ capped data plans and cloud storage. No SD card and only 8 or 16gb internal (which is more like 6gb or 14gb usable) is a serious kick to the balls.
Posted Image

#15 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

I'm optomistic that we'll get it. I'd imagine it wouldn't be until early next year though.

Most likely it will be just like prior to the ICS Razr leaks coming out. Dev's will be porting Gnex roms over while using the 211 radio/kernel. And we'll deal with that until it actually pushes. I have no doubt eventually Razr's will get JB, just not expecting it for at least a year, the way VZW does updates.

I'm more worried about losing dev support when the Razr HD drops. Don't know how close the specs truly will be between the Razr, Maxx, and HD.
Posted Image

#16 (TSON)

(TSON)

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

I'm imagining once display stuff is out of the way the update will be here almost immediately. This is not a "start completely over" type deal like ICS, I doubt it'll take 6 months if Moto gets right on it.

#17 fosser2

fosser2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:24 AM

Given the XOOM is getting the update, my bet is that the razr will also. :)

#18 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

The Google experience Xoom will, Verizon will take their sweet rear end time updating, if they ever do.

#19 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

Don't get me wrong I agree the nexus is a great phone as far as development backing goes, but I find as you stated they are lacking in quality radio performance. It just seems like the owners of said nexus' seem to have the opinion that it's a far superior device in all aspects. Some not all I should say anyways. As far as bootloader goes i'm happy with our work around and it has less then hindered development on the RAZR. Thanks to Matt and his Utilities and all the other modders themers and everyone else sharing their collective knowledge I'd say us razr owners should be relevant for at least another day or two lol.

Posted Image

#20 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:58 AM

This honestly is the biggest update. It will make phones so much smoother. This is meant as a huge bugfix. Google needs this to make people take them serious. Android has always been looked down upon bc its not as smooth as IOS honestly. Android was always the one with the most features. Now Android will have the most featutes and the least amount of bugs. I have to say this is a huge step. As a dev im so excited. This in theory shouldnt be a hard update to get up and running. Its all under the hood stuff. Its fixes to coding. I am saying we will get a jellybean leak from moto between august 1-15 and official update beginning of September. This isnt a normal update. Its better than a normal one.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users