#21 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

I am saying we will get a jellybean leak from moto between august 1-15 and official update beginning of September.

You know you have a Motorola device, right? I'm thinking Q2 2013.

#22 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:13 PM

We got ics 6 months after release. ICS was a huge update. This is bugfixes which is huge but not in size. Motorola does amazing with updates.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#23 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

What with our boot loader work around we have now what if any would be the pro if getting the razr truly unlocked?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
Posted Image

#24 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

We got ics 6 months after release. ICS was a huge update. This is bugfixes which is huge but not in size. Motorola does amazing with updates.

I see your point, but I still think they're going to drag their feet with this... Especially with the HD coming out plus future projects and developments

#25 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:37 PM

What with our boot loader work around we have now what if any would be the pro if getting the razr truly unlocked?

Kernels, kernels, kernels. We could flash certain radios to work w/ certain build numbers, we could flash kernels (not tweaks, or scripts) for performance or for battery. I'm just hoping when kholk hinted at certain unlocking improvements yesterday on XDA it wasn't all smoke and mirrors. (Being that Chinese ICS source was leaked/released.)
Posted Image

#26 papi92

papi92

Developer

• Developer
  • 727 posts
  • Twitter:afox2015

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

Im not saying we wont get it second to HD but this should merge smoothly with blur. They shouldnt have to redo blur like they had to with ics. All libs should work. In theory. I havent got to look at source obviously

#27 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:38 PM

I see your point, but I still think they're going to drag their feet with this... Especially with the HD coming out plus future projects and developments

I think you guys are putting blame on the wrong company. Moto is pretty good with updates/builds. It's VZW who are slow to release updates and push back release dates.
Posted Image

#28 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Kernels, kernels, kernels. We could flash certain radios to work w/ certain build numbers, we could flash kernels (not tweaks, or scripts) for performance or for battery. I'm just hoping when kholk hinted at certain unlocking improvements yesterday on XDA it wasn't all smoke and mirrors. (Being that Chinese ICS source was leaked/released.)

Thanks!

Posted Image

#29 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Is getting the bootloader a simple matter of devs getting the files they need from big red or is it something that only moto has the power to do I wonder?

Posted Image

#30 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Is getting the bootloader a simple matter of devs getting the files they need from big red or is it something that only moto has the power to do I wonder?

Only Moto. A friend of mine has a Wifi Xyboard with a locked boot loader. My thing is whats the point? No carrier to lock it. I put the blame solely on moto for the bootloader

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#31 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Only Moto. A friend of mine has a Wifi Xyboard with a locked boot loader. My thing is whats the point? No carrier to lock it. I put the blame solely on moto for the bootloader

I thought so. I wonder what motives are behind Moto for not giving us the key. And if i'm not mistaken didn't they promise we'd have it unlocked sooner than later?

Posted Image

#32 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I thought so. I wonder what motives are behind Moto for not giving us the key. And if i'm not mistaken didn't they promise we'd have it unlocked sooner than later?

Corporate reasons. So they would sell the Bionic lol

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#33 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

I think it's simply this. Moto gets huge marketing perks from VZW, VZW says, "Moto, lock your BL's! Or else we'll stop advertising the crap out of your Droid line" Moto agrees. Then Moto probably uses the same methods for all their bootloaders and if they released the BL unlock tool for one device, it would probably allow you to unlock others. Therefore Moto just locks all devices from the start. With that said, they did allow us to unlock the GED/US wifi Xooms and the original Droid was never locked.
Posted Image

#34 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Corporate reasons. So they would sell the Bionic lol

I wonder if an online petition would do anything to soften Moto up a little

Posted Image

#35 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

I wonder if an online petition would do anything to soften Moto up a little

There are already tons of them floating around. Moto doesn't care about petitions.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#36 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

There are already tons of them floating around. Moto doesn't care about petitions.

+5000....signatures. Online petitions are useless. And in before the "but it worked with getting the HTC unlocking tool" crowd.
Posted Image

#37 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:58 PM

Sorry for all the raving. I'm taking a step back and just being grateful for what we have here. And what we have is one heck of a machine. That is until the HD arrives complete with coffee maker and cigarette despensor.

• prh likes this
Posted Image

#38 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

Sorry for all the raving. I'm taking a step back and just being grateful for what we have here. And what we have is one heck of a machine. That is until the HD arrives complete with coffee maker and cigarette despensor.

Believe me I completely understand the rage about Moto lol. Just seems like it's a failed cause with Moto.

#39 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

im shocked with a locked bootloader we have as good of development as we do. the maxx is my 2nd favorite device behind the og evo4g. as far as unlocking the bootloader, never say never. there are lots of devices that the devs ended up getting the community s-off. it just takes talent and dedication/motivation.

#40 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

im shocked with a locked bootloader we have as good of development as we do. the maxx is my 2nd favorite device behind the og evo4g. as far as unlocking the bootloader, never say never. there are lots of devices that the devs ended up getting the community s-off. it just takes talent and dedication/motivation.

+1

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users