Photo

HD will be stuck on JB no updates coming.....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:40 AM

As we sort of guessed, we will not be getting an update, unless they change their minds which is probably not likely.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#2 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

That sucks but why doesn't that surprise me? I'm seriously considering moving to Samsung.

#3 dragon

dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Twitter:foamerman
  • LocationLand of Honalee
  • Current Device(s):Unlocked RAZR MAXX HD retired Bionic, Thunderbolt and OG Droid

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:58 AM

Well I read it damn... I just wonder if it is because they unlocked the bootloader that pissed the mighty off...

Puff the Magic Dragon

Sent from my Computer using windows 8

#4 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts
  • Current Device(s):S21 Ultra, Pixel 6

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

I still think this is BS on Moto's part.  I mean, the thing is just now a year old.  They've given 2 versions of 4.1.2...the initial one in March and then a "fixed" version in what, June/July?  And all that did was block root and the bootloader unlock.  So they're going to stop supporting their devices at less than 12 months??  I'm here to say I've stopped supporting their devices a lot sooner than that.  I have no intention of buying another Moto device any time soon.  This is pure unadulterated nonsense.

• dragon, tomv5314, cmh714 and 1 other like this

Non potest esse nisi unus

#5 megahertz1970

megahertz1970

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Google+:markw4itg@gmail.com
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I agree with you Samuri. Like I said I'm seriously considering going to the Galaxy Note 3.

#6 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:35 AM

It looks like they MAY have posted that by mistake.  Let's hope that's all it is.  A phone that's just now a year old should NOT be stuck on an old version of the OS.  But even so, we have to admit that the HD and M haven't been treated especially well.  They got 4.1.2 AFTER the freaking OMAP phones which were EOL.  Then for MONTHS no updates except to patch security holes...for things users actually wanted to be able to do.  LOL.  4.2.2 is nowhere in sight.  4.3?  BAHAHAHA.  4.4??  ROFLMAO!  Moto continues to suck at updating phones.   The theory was that they'd release less phones so they could keep them updated easier.  Um, how's that working out?  2 phones that run basically the same hardware and they can't even get those updated beyond an OS version that's a year old?  Oh my.  I'll stick to my S4 GPE that's running 4.3 at the moment.  I should have 4.4 within a month or so.  LOL

• tomv5314 likes this

#7 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

This is just a hunch but I think it was a phishing move to say how it would go over. We know they had a 4.2 build that they did a couple test on before they shut off our ability to see, bit they were also pushed to update to patch the boot loader exploit which pushed everything. It is feasible to me that they are willing to bean count this.

Sent From My DEV X

• tomv5314 likes this

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#8 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.  

#9 Moonrakerone

Moonrakerone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBoulder, CO.
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

This was kind of retracted: 

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• tomv5314 likes this

#10 SamuriHL

SamuriHL

Android Warrior

• Smod
  • 43,503 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yup.  Punit posted on G+ that they'll be updating the site soon. 

• tomv5314 likes this

#11 tomv5314

tomv5314

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationMass.
  • Current Device(s):One Plus 7Pro 8GB Ram - 256 GB Rom - Pixel 2 XL- 128GB - Nexus 6P- 128GB - LG G3- LG-G2 -Razor Maxx HD unlocked- Bionic- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3--SM-T820

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I still think this is BS on Moto's part.  I mean, the thing is just now a year old.  They've given 2 versions of 4.1.2...the initial one in March and then a "fixed" version in what, June/July?  And all that did was block root and the bootloader unlock.  So they're going to stop supporting their devices at less than 12 months??  I'm here to say I've stopped supporting their devices a lot sooner than that.  I have no intention of buying another Moto device any time soon.  This is pure unadulterated nonsense.

It looks like they MAY have posted that by mistake.  Let's hope that's all it is.  A phone that's just now a year old should NOT be stuck on an old version of the OS.  But even so, we have to admit that the HD and M haven't been treated especially well.  They got 4.1.2 AFTER the freaking OMAP phones which were EOL.  Then for MONTHS no updates except to patch security holes...for things users actually wanted to be able to do.  LOL.  4.2.2 is nowhere in sight.  4.3?  BAHAHAHA.  4.4??  ROFLMAO!  Moto continues to suck at updating phones.   The theory was that they'd release less phones so they could keep them updated easier.  Um, how's that working out?  2 phones that run basically the same hardware and they can't even get those updated beyond an OS version that's a year old?  Oh my.  I'll stick to my S4 GPE that's running 4.3 at the moment.  I should have 4.4 within a month or so.  LOL

This is just a hunch but I think it was a phishing move to say how it would go over. We know they had a 4.2 build that they did a couple test on before they shut off our ability to see, bit they were also pushed to update to patch the boot loader exploit which pushed everything. It is feasible to me that they are willing to bean count this.

Sent From My DEV X

We shall see. I know I opened conversation wherever I could  stating my dissatisfaction with this. Those who weren't as lucky as me to get to unlock in the brief window  deserve better

One Plus 7 Pro --  8 GB Ram - 256 GB Rom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users