• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:47 AM

Well, this past week, I noticed the back of my beloved RAZR MAXX would swell and bulge out when it got hot. Looking it up on the web, it seemed I had a bad battery and this could result in an explosion.

I took my phone to my nearest Verizon store and showed them the phone. I told them I didn't have an upgrade (although my daughter did), but I didn't want to upgrade due to two reasons:

1) Pay a $30 upgrade free, even if it was a free upgrade.
2) Lose my unlimited data.

The store clerk got his manager and showed him my phone. The manager looked at it and said, "Replace it under warranty".

I stated I didn't have a warranty on the phone and that it was over a year old. He said again "Let's replace it under warranty" with a wink.

I asked to ensure it would be another Droid RAZR MAXX and he said it would. Since they didn't have any in stock, they would have to send it from the warehouse.

Well, yesterday I got the box. When I opened it up, the box the phone was in said "Droid RAZR MAXX HD". I figured it was a mistake. Upon opening it, sure enough it was a Droid RAZR MAXX HD.

Not knowing what I got, researching showed that I have the ability to unlock the BL, unless I was on the latest OTA.

Luckily, I wasn't. Now my phone has an unlocked BL and is rooted and currently running Eclipse.

All I can say is, I enjoyed my time with my RAZR MAXX. The phone held up pretty darn well. I was running 4.3 kernels (but had issues with 3g not working), but darned if it wasn't fun flashing like crazy with it.

In any case, I just wanted to say goodbye to all my other fellow RAZR users. It's been fun and hopefully, the devs will continue to support this awesome phone.

Take care everyone. I'll probably stop in from time to time to see how things are progressing with the RAZR.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#2 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Well, this past week, I noticed the back of my beloved RAZR MAXX would swell and bulge out when it got hot. Looking it up on the web, it seemed I had a bad battery and this could result in an explosion.

I took my phone to my nearest Verizon store and showed them the phone. I told them I didn't have an upgrade (although my daughter did), but I didn't want to upgrade due to two reasons:

1) Pay a $30 upgrade free, even if it was a free upgrade.
2) Lose my unlimited data.

The store clerk got his manager and showed him my phone. The manager looked at it and said, "Replace it under warranty".

I stated I didn't have a warranty on the phone and that it was over a year old. He said again "Let's replace it under warranty" with a wink.

I asked to ensure it would be another Droid RAZR MAXX and he said it would. Since they didn't have any in stock, they would have to send it from the warehouse.

Well, yesterday I got the box. When I opened it up, the box the phone was in said "Droid RAZR MAXX HD". I figured it was a mistake. Upon opening it, sure enough it was a Droid RAZR MAXX HD.

Not knowing what I got, researching showed that I have the ability to unlock the BL, unless I was on the latest OTA.

Luckily, I wasn't. Now my phone has an unlocked BL and is rooted and currently running Eclipse.

All I can say is, I enjoyed my time with my RAZR MAXX. The phone held up pretty darn well. I was running 4.3 kernels (but had issues with 3g not working), but darned if it wasn't fun flashing like crazy with it.

In any case, I just wanted to say goodbye to all my other fellow RAZR users. It's been fun and hopefully, the devs will continue to support this awesome phone.

Take care everyone. I'll probably stop in from time to time to see how things are progressing with the RAZR.

Good Luck with your New Phone...Let us know your thoughts with the Razr Maxx HD...curious...

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#3 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:08 AM

Good Luck with your New Phone...Let us know your thoughts with the Razr Maxx HD...curious...

So far, I love it. I can watch my google movies via hdmi out (for some reason on my og razr maxx only sound came from my tv but no picture). Also, I was lucky to get an HD maxx that could still have it's bootloader unlocked, so I'm loving it.

Not sure if I would recommend it for a new upgrade as it's not getting the attention by Googlerola since its close to a year old, but if you get it via a warranty swap like I did (even though it wasn't under warranty), it's not a bad swap.

It's definitely snappier than my og razr maxx and the higher resolution is awesome.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

#4 The Persuader

The Persuader

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts
  • LocationMaine
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

So far, I love it. I can watch my google movies via hdmi out (for some reason on my og razr maxx only sound came from my tv but no picture). Also, I was lucky to get an HD maxx that could still have it's bootloader unlocked, so I'm loving it. Not sure if I would recommend it for a new upgrade as it's not getting the attention by Googlerola since its close to a year old, but if you get it via a warranty swap like I did (even though it wasn't under warranty), it's not a bad swap. It's definitely snappier than my og razr maxx and the higher resolution is awesome. Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Good your watching movies...don't forget to watch the next movie while everyone on this forum is kicking your Butt b-cuz your Happy with your HD...
I'm jealous...;)

Its Bubba
"Stubborn In Your Bones"

Its Bubba...."Stubborn In Your Bones"

#5 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

You will not regret it. This is one of most solid phones I've ever had. Been android since 2009 with the G1. Your phone is pretty much a Razr HD with a bigger battery.

Long live Motorola / Google

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID xt926 flashed with NEXESQUE v3.5

#6 legend221

legend221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola RAZR HD

Posted 20 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

The rom I am currently running is one of the best either here or on xda developers. Trust me.

Sent from my DROID xt926 flashed with NEXESQUE v3.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users