Photo

Fun Fact... Tablet Mode Ui On Droid Razr!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

Ok just as was found on the GNex.. forcing the LCD density on ics causes the device into Tablet mode. I'm currently set for 160 which is the lowest I can get to stick. Im using Apex launcher due to being able to adjust the home screen rows and columns. Ive not encountered a FC yet but there are quirks. Such as the menu button not doing anything from the home screen. Not everything is in full on tablet mode but it is switched from the stock Phone UI.

If you're gonna play around with it you'll need root. The easiest method to use is a lcd density changer from the play store. Preferred one that allows a preview change.

Once the density is changed goto settings->display and adjust the font size to huge! Im finding it actually pretty useful...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • mugsy77 likes this

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:19 PM

Ok just as was found on the GNex.. forcing the LCD density on ics causes the device into Tablet mode. I'm currently set for 160 which is the lowest I can get to stick. Im using Apex launcher due to being able to adjust the home screen rows and columns. Ive not encountered a FC yet but there are quirks. Such as the menu button not doing anything from the home screen. Not everything is in full on tablet mode but it is switched from the stock Phone UI.

If you're gonna play around with it you'll need root. The easiest method to use is a lcd density changer from the play store. Preferred one that allows a preview change.

Once the density is changed goto settings->display and adjust the font size to huge! Im finding it actually pretty useful...

How is the Play Store acting?

#3 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Seems to be fully functional. It happens to be one of the apps that does change to full tablet mode! I just used it to download chrome browers... worked just fine.

#4 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Seems to be fully functional. It happens to be one of the apps that does change to full tablet mode! I just used it to download chrome browers... worked just fine.

Nice! ROM Time! lol

#5 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

I just tried it on the Maxx, and although it does go into what is similar to a tablet mode, unfortunately, it doesn't work too well. Stock functions like pressing the menu button to bring up task manager don't work, and for that matter, no secondary function for the hard buttons work. I haven't tried it with a 3rd party launcher, however, the layout and UI of ICS compatible/stock apps are beautiful.

You also lose every widget/icon on the homescreens, except for google search, and you also lose every icon except apps on the bottom access panel.

It would be amazing if someone was able to develop a ROM that worked perfectly at density 160 or less :)

#6 nin

nin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPA
  • Current Device(s):Galaxy S3

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:42 PM

any screen shots ?

Posted Image

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

I just tried it on the Maxx, and although it does go into what is similar to a tablet mode, unfortunately, it doesn't work too well. Stock functions like pressing the menu button to bring up task manager don't work, and for that matter, no secondary function for the hard buttons work. I haven't tried it with a 3rd party launcher, however, the layout and UI of ICS compatible/stock apps are beautiful.

You also lose every widget/icon on the homescreens, except for google search, and you also lose every icon except apps on the bottom access panel.

It would be amazing if someone was able to develop a ROM that worked perfectly at density 160 or less

One is already in the works ;)

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2
  • mugsy77, Torin_93 and jw0914 like this

#8 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

One is already in the works ;)

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Awesome :D

#9 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

It would be amazing if someone was able to develop a ROM that worked perfectly at density 160 or less :)

However, I did find a 3rd party launcher that works AMAZING with low densities on ICS, Apex Launcher (as long as you're rooted, and the PRO version offers more options).

I'm currently using density 185, and assumed it would work just as well as it had on GB, however due to the little blue box that encompasses the homescreen on ICS (not sure what the actual name for it is), the homescreen and app drawer don't resize properly (I'm assuming this has more to do with tweaking from Motorola than it does the actual ICS build). I went through and read a few launchers and Apex seemed like the best (I don't like the fact that GO Launcher is a memory hog), and since downloading it, it seems flawless. After I get my homescreens set up the way I want them, I'm gonna try 160 again and see what happens ;)

#10 sultan.of.swing

sultan.of.swing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Have any of you tried messing with the resolution? There are quite a few options in the display settings.

#11 sultan.of.swing

sultan.of.swing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

Attached Files

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

First shots of a possible KOA TabletUI ROM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's really smooth and fast! Some of the apps are a little wonky still but that can get worked out soon hopefully.
  • Zierm likes this

#13 Dennelly

Dennelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hmmm....I like the concept but the razr is a phone not a tablet ! lol

#14 sultan.of.swing

sultan.of.swing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's really smooth and fast! Some of the apps are a little wonky still but that can get worked out soon hopefully.

I like it. Would like to give it a try.

#15 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I like it. Would like to give it a try.

It's far from done, although everything works, except Webtop and HDMI, data works like CM9 and AOKP because it has a CM9 base. I can still PM you the link if you want it though, I'm going to do a lot more work on it this week though if you want to wait.

#16 jw0914

jw0914

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:18 PM

Lookin awesome B)

#17 mines_01

mines_01

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Twitter:BDDFM
  • LocationMobile, AL

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

It's far from done, although everything works, except Webtop and HDMI, data works like CM9 and AOKP because it has a CM9 base. I can still PM you the link if you want it though, I'm going to do a lot more work on it this week though if you want to wait.

If you want an extra tester, or whatnot I'll gladly play with it too.

#18 floatingfaceup

floatingfaceup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

I'm using apex, and @ 160 it doesn't transform into a tablet UI :(

#19 rzrtm

rzrtm

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I really like the look of this. i would definitely like to try/use something like this. i tried changing some settings around and got my phone looking good but then this morning i noticed that my phone(calling service itself) was not working! i had a call and all my phone just told me was that he couldnt open 'phone' :(

#20 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

What u guys are encountering isn't tablet ui. This lcd density prop hack was discovered on the nexus 7 which comes from the factory in phone/phablet mode. The changing the screen density forces the tablet mode, like a SS Galaxy Tab would have or like a Razr webtop. I know this as I did it on my N7 as well as my hash code'd Jelly Bean Kindle Fire in full tablet UI.

2 things, it only works on AOSP builds (with the build.prop edit) and the way it looks proper has no status bar on the top its on the bottom right. The apps drawer button on the bottom is not there as well as the soft keys being on the bottom left and things like the settings menu are double paned. I already tried this on our Razrs both stock and cm9, it doesn't work right. I'll attach proper screens.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users