16 replies to this topic

#1 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Twitter:cardi4life

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:35 PM

If you bricked and cant charge your phone cause your system img is gone u need a factory cable. They have a method of creating one that involves soldering but if u dont know how to do that dont worry. Take any usb cable not in use cut in half leaving the pc usb end. Inside the wire is a red, black, green and white wire. U tie off the green and wire cause there only for data transfer and won't be needed. You strip the red and black wire then take off your back plate and connect the red wire to the positive battery post and the black to the negative battery post. Both battery post are at the bottom of the phone when the back plate is taken off. After both wires are connected plug in the usb end in the pc and wallah the phone thinks a factory cable is pluged in. Then plug in your phones usb as regular and use rsd 5.6 or razr utility to go back to stock.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

DO NOT LET THE TWO SIDE CONNECT ONCE IN CONTACT WITH THE CHARGING PLATES. This will cause a short in your phone and will ruin your phone.

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#3 Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Google+:hairstont14
  • LocationLagrange, Ga

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

So this wont work?

DroidRazr Maxx HD safestrapping!!

#4 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

It will just be VERY careful not to let the wires touch. Just like when jumping a car which this method is basically doing.

If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#5 dpratt23

dpratt23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

Does anyone know the pinout for these factory cables. I dont need one but i could make them for people who do. Im an av tech who solders every day at work.

#6 listenman20

listenman20

Chat Room Support

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationSouth GA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:45 PM

#7 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

It will just be VERY careful not to let the wires touch. Just like when jumping a car which this method is basically doing.

yeah i forgot to say don't let the exposed wire touch. i did it just the other day saved me 10 on a factory cable off of ebay.

#8 drumtrucker

drumtrucker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

how'd you get back off razr
?
Steve B

#9 nybelle

nybelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

I've removed the back cover, and cannot, I repeat cannot, loosen up the + and - screws. I'm sure I have the right tool, and they wont budge. I'm screwed, arent i?

#10 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:59 AM

how'd you get back off razr
?

I did it with my nail starting from the top if no nail get your wife or girlfriends fingernail file. Begin at the top and work to the bottom to remove all clips. Once clips are moved slowly peel back the back cover because its glued to the battery.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#11 cardidark09

cardidark09

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:00 AM

I've removed the back cover, and cannot, I repeat cannot, loosen up the + and - screws. I'm sure I have the right tool, and they wont budge. I'm screwed, arent i?

try to angle the tool you are using I used an eye glasses screwdriver and angled it in the screw groovs

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#12 jramstead

jramstead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

and when you twist to hard like I did the post comes loose from the board.
Talk about skewered :(

#13 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:15 PM

Well, you could just try connecting the wires by using some electrical tape to tape them to the terminals. It's certainly not an ideal suggestion and you'd have to be careful with it but if it makes good enough contact and gets the battery charged, well, it's better than twisting the post off. If it were me, that's what I would try. It's not like you're after a permanent connection. You only need to get it charged. Put the wires on and leave it alone for a few hours and (assuming the connection is good) you should have more than enough to fastboot it. I would think anyway.

#14 jramstead

jramstead

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

my cable came today and it worked to get me into fastboot and get my phone reprogramed now I just dont have a negative connection for my battery.

#15 nybelle

nybelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Well, you could just try connecting the wires by using some electrical tape to tape them to the terminals. It's certainly not an ideal suggestion and you'd have to be careful with it but if it makes good enough contact and gets the battery charged, well, it's better than twisting the post off. If it were me, that's what I would try. It's not like you're after a permanent connection. You only need to get it charged. Put the wires on and leave it alone for a few hours and (assuming the connection is good) you should have more than enough to fastboot it. I would think anyway.

I might just try this. I'm pretty desperate at this point. Cables on ebay will take about 2 weeks to ship, and i've called about 20 phone repair shops, none of which know what I'm talking about.

#16 twister250

twister250

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:10 PM

I might just try this. I'm pretty desperate at this point. Cables on ebay will take about 2 weeks to ship, and i've called about 20 phone repair shops, none of which know what I'm talking about.

Here's another option for a cable.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sold for kindle fire, same as Motorola cable. Prompt shipping and good service. Handmade. Construction looks good, and it works. Only really needed it once, but I also tested it as soon as I received it. So been used twice on Razr.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
  • drumtrucker likes this

#17 nybelle

nybelle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Here's another option for a cable.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sold for kindle fire, same as Motorola cable. Prompt shipping and good service. Handmade. Construction looks good, and it works. Only really needed it once, but I also tested it as soon as I received it. So been used twice on Razr.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

nice, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users