21 replies to this topic

#1 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 VS980

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:41 AM

I've flashed nearly every rom made for every phone I have owned. Right now I am on Malladus 1.2.0. I have been off of the charger with light to medium usage for 8hrs and 23 minutes. This consists of a few calls, some web browsing, emails, etc.... I still have 96% of my battery available. This is absolutely ridiculous! I definitely recommend this rom if you like the stock LG launcher with some tweaks.

One thing to note, I am running the snapdragon battery guru app as well, though it is in the learning stage. It shouldn't have any effect on the phone right now.

• JJT211 likes this

#2 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

Can you tell me the steps you used before flashing? I'm a bit worried of booting into clockwork and wiping when I only have one internal card to wipe and it has the roms I intend to flash. Worried it will wipe everything

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#3 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Twitter:marleyinoc
  • Google+:+RicCrockett
  • Current Device(s):LG G2 and Bionic on WiFi

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:35 PM

I haven't gotten that far but it seems to me you'd take a leap from stock to custom via complete wipe. You may might be able to do otherwise via not wiping data but that too seems ill advised. Do the instructions for your phones ROMS mention pushing from laptop via adb or are you seeing instructions to flash from an SD or ext? Seems you'd have to have something like safe strap or a recovery that creates partitions that make selective wiping possible... Maybe twrp does that... I'm coming from a Bionic and have never been on a non-sd card phone... But seems ROM or recovery would mention these things.

__________________sent from my bionic with dub_________________

#4 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I know but the clockwork thread talks about flashing but not how to flash I installed twrp when it first came out for the lg g2 and it looped my phone had to buy a new one. So now I have clockwork running on it but Now I'm gun shy

#5 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

I haven't gotten that far but it seems to me you'd take a leap from stock to custom via complete wipe. You may might be able to do otherwise via not wiping data but that too seems ill advised. Do the instructions for your phones ROMS mention pushing from laptop via adb or are you seeing instructions to flash from an SD or ext? Seems you'd have to have something like safe strap or a recovery that creates partitions that make selective wiping possible... Maybe twrp does that... I'm coming from a Bionic and have never been on a non-sd card phone... But seems ROM or recovery would mention these things.

TWRP gives you the option to select advanced wipe. Inside of there, you can check cache/dalvik/system/data. There is also a slot for sd card or internal memory. Make sure that is left unchecked. As far as cwm...it's been a while since I used it.

#6 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

I know but the clockwork thread talks about flashing but not how to flash I installed twrp when it first came out for the lg g2 and it looped my phone had to buy a new one. So now I have clockwork running on it but Now I'm gun shy

From using cwm in the past, there was always a spot to wipe cache/dalvik/data/ and system. Those are the ones I would wipe for a clean flash to a new rom. I would wipe only dalvik and cache if flashing an update to a rom, unless it specifically stated to wipe data and/or system as well.

#7 quinejh

quinejh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Yep I found it figured it all out now and I discovered another issue! ! Lol I rooted with Chinese root and have read about problems with it so any ideas if i'm ok my Rom I'm on is using a normal su

#8 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

My battery usage recently...

Oops. Inline image option is gone. Hope this isn't a pain in the butt for you guys to view.

Seems good!

Attached Files

#9 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

(Good amount of ingress running in background, too) Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#10 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:47 PM

Guys I love this phone but have tweeted @LGUS asking for info on 4.3 or 4.4 update. I'm assuming I'll be pointed at another account but I'm just going to hit them all repeatedly to see if I can shake loose some info. If the earlier Optimus phones have not rec'd an update then I feel cages need to be rattled. I see the intuition? Is due for small update on vzw so that's cool... I'm open to people telling me I'm wasting my time or stupid :) I'll share my results here unless folks don't want me to. I'm not usually the type to do this but I get feeling there are less fan bois rattling cages than on phones I've owned in past. And whatever. I am still puckered so will expend energy trying to get info until I have money to not worry about dropping this phone again and can update via alternative methods ;) (Didn't even get set up to be comfortable with adb on last phone so was thankful I'd set up device manager remote wipe since hadn't even connected my last one to a PC before it was smashed). Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#11 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Marley , you get any feedback let me know what channel you used to get it and I will hit them as week

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#12 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:49 AM

So far no reply but hit @lgus and @lgusamobile on twitter. Will wait a day or so and try again.

It feels a little unappreciative considering I have this awesome phone--so complaining, right? :)

But they should give us a heads up so...

#13 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:39 AM

The G2 feels a lot like the DNA when it came out. Enough of a step above all others that if it stayed just as it is throughout its life it would still be a top contender.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

#14 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

True. @unlimityourlg seems legit LG too. But none of them seem to be interactive, just outbound marketing...

Guess I might try Facebook.

No doubt it's a legit device, though. I'm thankful for that!

#15 marleyinoc

marleyinoc

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:25 PM

Oops, will have to apologize on sprint forum...

Good to see this phone is capable...

My latest tweet was:

LG G2 @LGUS why won't you let us know your update plans? We're not asking for ETA but we now question promoting.

And so far LG remains silent.

I know we are not vocal but not ever responding to a customer tweet after several cycles seems juvenile. Ridiculous. Certainly unprofessional.

Or... Their engineers and support can't read English.

I'm voting for that, actually. I'm fine with that. There are French LG social media people. Korean LG social media people.

But maybe no English LG Social Media people.

So. Next up. Translate the LG G2 Verizon issue to Korean, French, German, and duchebag (for local American Verizon).

#16 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

I get about 30 hours with 6 hours of straight use and having Facebook and Gmail syncd. I think the most I got was about 40 hours. I'm running digital dream 2.1 Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

#17 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1390851042665.jpg   46.55KB   16 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1390851053059.jpg   40.22KB   16 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1390851063252.jpg   50.12KB   16 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1390851072290.jpg   49.68KB   16 downloads

#18 Vicious

Vicious

Baddassocity in a bottle

• Superuser
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:21 AM

I was at 50+ last night before plugging it in. I still had 14% left. My screen on time was in between 3-4 hrs.

#19 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

That's nuts! I'm pretty happy that I can get through an entire day even with medium-heavy usage. :)

#20 Maxxaholic

Maxxaholic

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1391315274654.jpg   45.9KB   12 downloads sweet finally hit 60 hours with 4% left!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users