Photo

Unroot And Remove Su From .211 For Warranty Repair.. (Help)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 Th3H0ff

Th3H0ff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:th3H0ff
  • Google+:andrewlieser

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Hello the topic says it all... I have to return my RAZR to VZW for warranty work (Several stuck pixels in the center of the screen). So anyway I installed the .211 leak when it was first posted on here and since it was released as the final build I'm needing to return the RAZR to stock completely with no trace of any of my monkey business ;) I'm assuming the stock recovery wasn't overwritten so that should be fine, I'll need to delete the zip from the ext sd card, and ill need to remove the SU app from the build which can be done through a terminal emulator if I remember right but I just dont remember the command... Thanks for all of your help!

#2 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

Just a suggestion, but IMO, it would be simple and quick to just use Matts 1.7 utility to bring you back to stock un-rooted .211.
Posted Image

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

Just a suggestion, but IMO, it would be simple and quick to just use Matts 1.7 utility to bring you back to stock un-rooted .211.

Better to do what he suggested ^^^ than to commit warranty fraud after rooting your device.

#4 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

What caused the pixels to act up? What does it look like? You may be able to just leave your phone alone, it depends on how that happened to your phone.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#5 Th3H0ff

Th3H0ff

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Twitter:th3H0ff
  • Google+:andrewlieser

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Yeah Matts utility definitely seems to be the most logical solution.. Thanks! And I don't mean to give the wrong impression but I'm not attempting any type of warranty fraud. I didn't brick my phone or cause it to become broken in the process of tinkering... a group of pixels in the center of the screen just simply became stuck and unresponsive. I would never ask that VZW or MOTO replace my phone if I indeed broke it or bricked it somehow. Thanks again for all your responses!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

#6 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

Iv'e noticed so many people woofing about warranty frauds all the time on these forums, and it drives me insane. The same people that complain about it do it themselves They can sit a say they don't because hardly anyone here knows each other personally and can`t contest it.(Claim to be an Angel all you want, and say you don`t but, you know damn well you do it, I get sick of hearing the warranty fraud B.S. I guarantee you every single person here has done it. There`s not a person here that can prove any different. They f up their phone by flashing, rooting ect, then file a claim. They are not buying new phones (At the costs of smartphone nowadays) every time they screw one up, they file claims, period! Quit acting like you don't by telling people, it`s bad and they are wrong for doing it. Your not VZ or the insurance company. FACT: If VZ or the insurance company finds that it's fraud when they receive the device back, they will make them pay full price.(It doesn't make our prices rise. It' costs the one doing it) Quit pretending on the internet where no one can contest your word, that you don't do it and it`s this crap is what's making your phone or insurance prices go up (IT`S SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION). You can blame that crap on your greedy provider and insurance companies FOR PRICES RISING PERIOD. You can take that to the bank. I get so tired of hearing about he ooooohhh, You're doing insurance fraud. Whatever man, it's not going to affect you a damn bit. I think it was on the petition i read on the front forums main page, that we account for only 2% of the smartphone buyers that Hack, Root, Flash ECT. So it's pretty much impossible for any of us to be responsible for higher prices. If people think we're really the cause, then quit creating ways for us to hack our devices. Not to be taking personally. Just a rant about untruthful B.S
  • etrorteepe likes this
Posted Image

#7 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 5

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

+1

The act of gaining root permissions does not cause bad pixels. The OP is not doing anything fraudulent imo. He just wants to send in his phone in a stock condition to avoid hassle. I know exactly what the owners manual says about root and warranty, and it's not carte blanche in regard to root = total void. Motorola could try to deny the claim but I would then immediately file a complaint with the FTC. In other words, even if installing nitrous voids my powertrain warranty, ford can't void the warranty on the power windows too.

Where people are in the wrong in regard to warranty claims, is when they don't know what they are doing, shouldn't have been messing with the phone anyway, then soft brick and turn in a claim because they don't have the ability and/or patience to fix it.

#8 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

Iv'e noticed so many people woofing about warranty frauds all the time on these forums, and it drives me insane. The same people that complain about it do it themselves They can sit a say they don't because hardly anyone here knows each other personally and can`t contest it.(Claim to be an Angel all you want, and say you don`t but, you know damn well you do it, I get sick of hearing the warranty fraud B.S. I guarantee you every single person here has done it. There`s not a person here that can prove any different. They f up their phone by flashing, rooting ect, then file a claim. They are not buying new phones (At the costs of smartphone nowadays) every time they screw one up, they file claims, period! Quit acting like you don't by telling people, it`s bad and they are wrong for doing it. Your not VZ or the insurance company. FACT: If VZ or the insurance company finds that it's fraud when they receive the device back, they will make them pay full price.(It doesn't make our prices rise. It' costs the one doing it) Quit pretending on the internet where no one can contest your word, that you don't do it and it`s this crap is what's making your phone or insurance prices go up (IT`S SPREADING FALSE INFORMATION). You can blame that crap on your greedy provider and insurance companies FOR PRICES RISING PERIOD. You can take that to the bank. I get so tired of hearing about he ooooohhh, You're doing insurance fraud. Whatever man, it's not going to affect you a damn bit. I think it was on the petition i read on the front forums main page, that we account for only 2% of the smartphone buyers that Hack, Root, Flash ECT. So it's pretty much impossible for any of us to be responsible for higher prices. If people think we're really the cause, then quit creating ways for us to hack our devices. Not to be taking personally. Just a rant about untruthful B.S

I'm sure this is incorrect. I would bet less than 10 percent of the people here who brick their phones would file a fradulent warranty claim. And it absolute does add to everyone else's cost. Companies pass all of their cost on to their customers. On the other hand, I doubt anything the OP did would cause his fubared screen.

#9 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

Rooting your phone does not violate the provision's of the magnusson moss warranty act which is federal law last time I checked. It has to be intentionally damaged for them to not honor your warranty. Check xdatv on YouTube for a recent episode about this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:55 PM

Iv'e noticed so many people woofing about warranty frauds all the time on these forums, and it drives me insane. The same people that complain about it do it themselves They can sit a say they don't because hardly anyone here knows each other personally and can`t contest it.(Claim to be an Angel all you want, and say you don`t but, you know damn well you do it, I get sick of hearing the warranty fraud B.S. I guarantee you every single person here has done it. There`s not a person here that can prove any different.

Lol posts like these are funny. I actually CAN say that I've never comitted insurance OR warranty fraud. I also pay for my apps and pay for my music. I even pay to go to the movies or watch stuff on Netflix. Just because I can't PROVE that I've never committed fraud, doesn't mean I have. Nor is it proof that I have. I can prove I pay for my apps, I can prove I pay for netflix, I can prove I pay for music. Obviously warranty or insurance fraud is something you can't prove that you DIDN'T do. However, I can assure you I never have.

I actually could probably find my receipt for my $600 RAZR though.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 08 July 2012 - 09:56 PM.

#11 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:59 PM

Rooting your phone does not violate the provision's of the magnusson moss warranty act which is federal law last time I checked. It has to be intentionally damaged for them to not honor your warranty. Check xdatv on YouTube for a recent episode about this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Link to that episode on xdatv:

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Link to that episode on xdatv

Can we please not start this nonsense again? This thread will get locked.

#13 etrorteepe

etrorteepe

Not a Belieber

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

Can we please not start this nonsense again? This thread will get locked.

I don't want to start trouble with you. I know you put in a lot of time here helping people. But it's just not a true statement that root = instant loss of all warranty. And it's not fraud for the op to turn in a claim on dead pixels simply bc he gained root permissions.

You don't agree for some reason and therefore you lock threads and chastise people, regardless of how many facts they try to offer you. Lock the thread if you wish, that will be my cue to close my account here.
  • DarkOverDroid likes this

#14 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

I don't want to start trouble with you. I know you put in a lot of time here helping people. But it's just not a true statement that root = instant loss of all warranty. And it's not fraud for the op to turn in a claim on dead pixels simply bc he gained root permissions.

You don't agree for some reason and therefore you lock threads and chastise people, regardless of how many facts they try to offer you. Lock the thread if you wish, that will be my cue to close my account here.

First of all don't try to threaten with closing your account.

Second, you can say what you want, there is no "it doesn't FULLY void your warranty." It either does, or it doesn't. There is no grey area. I closed threads because all people wanted to do was argue and throw out names at people and get off topic, not because they were presenting "facts."

Fact is, and you can ask Moto on this. Rooting alters system files, altering system files voids your warranty.

I'm not gonna lock the thread, just stop this stupid crap and keep it ON TOPIC. He wanted to know how to unroot and repair his phone, keep it on THAT TOPIC.

If you want to close your account here, I cannot stop you from that. Don't threaten to do it though, I won't beg you to stay.

Edited by spc_hicks09, 08 July 2012 - 10:41 PM.

• MasterGadgets likes this

#15 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Say what you want spc. Lock it down man. If I can't state my opinion, then I might as well taken my opinions elsewhere. As for jimfizgerald, you always post bull$!#7 on here anyway you don't even mod your devices, but yet you come here to chastise people for doing to theirs. I expressed an opinion I had and now the thread is being threatened to be locked. As for you SpcHicks, I stood by you Through all the $!#7 you went through when y'all almost bricked a lot of people's phones permanently, and I was one of many that begged you to stay when you was going to leave, and this is how you act when I express an opinion. That's all well and good. Have a nice life, I out! Peace.
Posted Image

#16 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:02 PM

Say what you want spc. Lock it down man. If I can't state my opinion, then I might as well taken my opinions elsewhere. As for jimfizgerald, you always post bull$!#7 on here anyway you don't even mod your devices, but yet you come here to chastise people for doing to theirs. I expressed an opinion I had and now the thread is being threatened to be locked. As for you SpcHicks, I stood by you Through all the $!#7 you went through when y'all almost bricked a lot of people's phones permanently, and I was one of many that begged you to stay when you was going to leave, and this is how you act when I express an opinion. That's all well and good. Have a nice life, I out! Peace.

I didn't say you couldn't state your opinion. Read what I said. I just said to keep it on topic. I'm also pretty sure I didn't quote your post when I said that, so obviously I wasn't even talking to you.

All I said was keep it on topic, you don't wanna keep it on topic, I'll close it. THAT'S MY JOB AS A MOD! If you can't accept that then I don't know what to tell you.
  • MasterGadgets likes this

#17 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

★★I have reopened this thread! If everyone can post there comments or rebuttals, in a mature manor this topic will remain open. Anymore personal attacks will result in a 2 day ban and 2 infracrion points. So lets not fight! Agree to disagree and be mature about it. Thank you.★★

★★Below is my pm to the ones who have reported this thread. This will be handled in the open, so we can all learn from this! ★★

I understand I just want everyone to know that I will be having a talk wit with gary later later on this afternoon. I do take what my members say into great consideration. I am not siding with Gary but he does get ridiculed and trolled to much, he is a great guy and works hard to do what he feels is right, this creates a chip on anyone's shoulder, believe me i know this from first hand experience. Although this does not rectify, actions that he has taken, it sheds light on the "why". We all have to understand that as a community, we have a opinion that some others may not like. This causes others to start wars on threads and the original content gets pushed aside. We, team members, have a mass overflow of duties to fulfill. It is a tiresome, unappreciated job. Sometimes we let our personal feelings get in the way , once again this causes issues. I do apologize for the way things where handled, this will be rectified, in the open so everyone can see what is going on. I am giving this my personal attention and rest assure, we will come to a understanding, if all parties involved can put there pride aside and work it out. Each member, here at DroidRzr is considered a family member. We all no families fight. Sometimes the best thing to do is agree to disagree. We can all post are opinions and have a debate in a mature manner. I hope everyone understands this. I think Gary is so stern on the situation, cause a new comer can read some of these posts and thread's and get the wrong idea. The Staff at DR are not the internet police, but we do have to make sure, we look what's in the best interest of the, community as a whole. I appreciate the feedback from all of you and hope we can all come to a mutual understanding on this subject.

Thank You ,

DirtyDroidX Chief Of Staff
Sent from my XT913. Using Tapatalk 7 beta 89

#18 jryock

jryock

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

So... I would like to see a definitive answer to this thread topic question. As a newbie to rooting and the Razr Utility, I would like to see a quick procedure on how to do this to ensure that, if I choose to unroot, I do it right. Any input here?

Imay want to gift my phone to a technologically challenged individual and what to ensure it is stock (or as close as possible) so they have the basic Verizon/Moto experience.

#19 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

★★I have reopened this thread! If everyone can post there comments or rebuttals, in a mature manor this topic will remain open. Anymore personal attacks will result in a 2 day ban and 2 infracrion points. So lets not fight! Agree to disagree and be mature about it. Thank you.★★

★★Below is my pm to the ones who have reported this thread. This will be handled in the open, so we can all learn from this! ★★

I understand I just want everyone to know that I will be having a talk wit with gary later later on this afternoon. I do take what my members say into great consideration. I am not siding with Gary but he does get ridiculed and trolled to much, he is a great guy and works hard to do what he feels is right, this creates a chip on anyone's shoulder, believe me i know this from first hand experience. Although this does not rectify, actions that he has taken, it sheds light on the "why". We all have to understand that as a community, we have a opinion that some others may not like. This causes others to start wars on threads and the original content gets pushed aside. We, team members, have a mass overflow of duties to fulfill. It is a tiresome, unappreciated job. Sometimes we let our personal feelings get in the way , once again this causes issues. I do apologize for the way things where handled, this will be rectified, in the open so everyone can see what is going on. I am giving this my personal attention and rest assure, we will come to a understanding, if all parties involved can put there pride aside and work it out. Each member, here at DroidRzr is considered a family member. We all no families fight. Sometimes the best thing to do is agree to disagree. We can all post are opinions and have a debate in a mature manner. I hope everyone understands this. I think Gary is so stern on the situation, cause a new comer can read some of these posts and thread's and get the wrong idea. The Staff at DR are not the internet police, but we do have to make sure, we look what's in the best interest of the, community as a whole. I appreciate the feedback from all of you and hope we can all come to a mutual understanding on this subject.

Thank You ,

DirtyDroidX Chief Of Staff
Sent from my XT913. Using Tapatalk 7 beta 89

My god you are long winded and boring!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#20 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

Lol thank you :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic