deenug666

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

I restarted my

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

and now there is a message in my system tray that the phone is trying to prepare my SD

and checking for errors. I have pulled the SD card multiple times and nothing. It just shows like my SD card is wiped. When I access it through

I can see all the files. Also when I put the card into another phone I can access all the files. I put the SD card into another phone and saved everything to my computer. Then reformatted the card and transfered all the files back. Everything worked fine. This morning I did a Titanium Back up of my

and TWRP back up in case the new update auto installed. Now I have the same problem. Anyone know what is going on

794.22KB   15 downloads

255.68KB   15 downloads

#2 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I had a similar issue which tuned out to be my sdcard was starting to fail.

#3 deenug666

deenug666

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

That's what I 'm thinking. I just don't want to buy a new one and the same thing happens.

#4 cmh714

cmh714

Tech Service & Beyond

• Smod
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

Since I have a bunch, I was able to test other cards out. For me, when it looked like it saved a file, nothing was actually written to disk but the phone and the apps thought everything was ok. My issue was a little different, I couldnt format the card or actually delete any files, although it appeared that they were deleted.

I emailed SanDisk and they replaced my card since it was only 8 months old

#5 ibolski

ibolski

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Twitter:iBolski
  • Google+:Ivan Samuelson
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio
  • Current Device(s):Samsung Galaxy S7

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:06 AM

Failing SD card. Get a new one immediately or you could start to lose files. One question : do you do a lot of writing to your SD card? I know some people like to swap it to be the main SD card. If so, I would suggest not doing that. SD cards have a limited life span and constant writing to it will bring end of life to the SD card much sooner. Also, I've read that increasing the cache size to a large size is another way to decrease the lifetime of your SD card. Sent from my Droid RAZR HD under an Eclipse.

VZW Samsung Galaxy S7 Stock and unrooted running Marshmallow 46A, 32gb Nexus 7 unlocked
2cqd4t2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users