Photo

Ultimate Guide To Ics Leak Install For Any Droid Xyboard!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mattlgroff

mattlgroff

The Dark Knight

• Developer
  • 2,298 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

Build dates are Tuesday July 3rd 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4. For the 8.2 and 10.1 Wi-Fi AND 8.2 and 10.1 LTE models.

WARNING: If you are on a Wi-Fi only Xyboard of any size, there are no known fastboot files for you. Meaning if there is a newer leak for ICS or the official ICS 4.0.4 for Xyboard Wi-Fi only is a higher version number, you are STUCK on this ICS unless fastboot files come out.

WARNING 2: If you are on ANY model of Xyboard, once ICS installs there is no going back to Honeycomb. Ever. Ever. Ever.

Now that warnings are out of the way... here are my install instructions adapted from andlaw's Sideload ICS thread on droidrzr.com:

Be on STOCK Xyboard latest Honeycomb update. No frozen apps. No custom recoveries, etc.

Install instructions are using ES File Explorer and Rom Manager (free) from the Play Store download these and be rooted on stock latest honeycomb.

open rom manager free, hit OK, now press the home button.
open es file explorer, press YES, press menu, open settings, scroll down to Path settings and under Root settings: Enable
Up to Root (path settings)
Root Explorer (root settings)
Mount File System (root settings)

"DOWNLOAD THE ICS UPDATE ZIP AND PLACE INTO YOUR PHONES /CACHE DIRECTORY (not /system/cache, but in the root of the phone ~/cache/)"

open ES FILE EXPLORER, locate your /cache directory and then select the Blur_Version.___.___.___.MZ6__.______.__.en.USzip (depending on your version of Xyboard and ICS leak)
(now choose Open With ROM MANAGER)

phone will restart, and begin installation of the ICS leak (takes 10-15minutes)
phone restarts, boot animation begins, Android is upgrading :: Profit success!! Celebrate!!!

Now onto rooting:
  • Connect USB to Xyboard and the Windows PC. Install the Motorola USB Drivers 5.7 or higher (found by an easy google search if you do not have these already installed).
  • On the notification menu set the USB Mode to MTP mode or Camera mode (basically anything besides USB Mass Storage)
  • Under Settings > Developer Options > Hit the "Enable USB Debugging" selection.
  • Run this after extracted the zip file:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

DOWNLOADS:
  • DROID XYBOARD 10.1 LTE ICS LEAK (11.7.279.MZ617.Verizon.en.US) :

• Motorola XYBOARD 10.1 WIFI ICS LEAK : MISSING. I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME THE SYSTEM VERSION TO FIND THIS LEAK. Settings>About Tablet>System Version. Exactly how it is. Caps too.
  • DROID XYBOARD 8.2 LTE ICS LEAK (12.7.279.MZ609.Verizon.en.US) :

• Motorola XYBOARD 8.2 WI-FI ICS LEAK (14.5.3.MZ607.Retail.en.US) :

• bweaver11b, zhinchey and Jabbacks like this

Please do not Personal Message me for help or troubleshooting. They will be ignored. Post in threads or start one in Q&A sections.

If you feel the need to donate to me, click here.

#2 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:32 AM

Ya know, I was wondering if you were going to post it here. lol I'm still surprised to find those fastboot files too

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#3 bweaver11b

bweaver11b

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationState College
  • Current Device(s):Droid Turbo, Droid Maxx, Droid Xyboard 10.1

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Thanks for the awesome update matt. Been waiting a while to get ics on my xyboard, runs smoother and a lot faster compared to honeycomb. Just wish there was more development/popularity with this tablet. Looks like I'm going to have to do some rom development homework. Thanks again

#4 bcfour

bcfour

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

Anybody have a working link to the 10.1 LTE leak?
  • zhinchey likes this

#5 zhinchey

zhinchey

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:32 AM

Need a working link for 10.1 LTE Xyboard

#6 Chelman

Chelman

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

The XYBOARD 10.1 WIFI ICS build number is:7.7.1-85_MZ615-26. I hope you find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users