Photo

6.16.214 Ics Upgrade Leak (To Be Installed From 211 Ics)

• Please log in to reply
446 replies to this topic

#401 studiorat

studiorat

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

If he didn't post it how would you know if it were fraud....lol.......
I suggest he spend a few more hours trying to reinstall a stock OS and unroot before shipping it back to Carrier......
Just Saying
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#402 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Double negatives are awesome!
  • tonyo50138 likes this

#403 merdinh

merdinh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:48 AM

I actually experienced a similar problem in NYC/Northern NJ. My 4G connection with .214 has been very unreliable the last few days and all the radio trouble I've been having with an inconsistent signal actual seemed to hurt my battery life compared to .211 (Cell Standby has drained a relatively large portion of my battery, around 10% on .214). Maybe if I was in Chicago it would be better (where I found the 4G coverage is excellent) but in the NYC area I'm sticking with .211 which seems to get a better more stable lock on 4G.

Same problem here, it seems to be an issue with the .214 update, my data network sometimes completely shuts down and does not come back on unless I turn off the phone or play in the data settings.

#404 garywojdan81

garywojdan81

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • Twitter:gwojdan_81

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

Same problem here, it seems to be an issue with the .214 update, my data network sometimes completely shuts down and does not come back on unless I turn off the phone or play in the data settings.

Same since going to the 214 kernel. Usually toggling airplane mode works for me. In my case, I wonder if it's because I don't have the 211 radio. I have the new kernel but I still have 79 on the non-safe side.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#405 blueizee

blueizee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

ok so not sure whats going on with my phone but i tried flashing the zip and it said installation aborted...so i tried the utility and it kept giving me some sort of errors....buttttt when i open up about phone ...my system version is still .211 but my kernal is the JUN 29 etc.....

whats going on here, please help??? btw i am currently running the KOA 7 rom on my safe side and stock .211 on nonsafe...if that helps

#406 Abaddon

Abaddon

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:12 AM

I am on the original Razr (stock) and just installed the leak a few days ago. The .211 build was good but this is a tad bit better for me. Speed is nice and the battery life is better than it ever was on GB. I fully charged the phone last night to 100%, messed around a bit but then went to bed. I didn't charge it at all while I was sleeping. I left for work and have had it off the charger all day on 3g only with light to moderate use. This was a test for me because work really seems to drain the battery. The only thing I can figure is that the signal is so weak where I am that 3g drops and reconnects all the time and the phone has to work harder and burns more battery. This would happen on GB and even when it would idle it would fly through a fully charged phone. It has been much better on the .214 leak.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

87.81KB   24 downloads

#407 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

I am on the original Razr (stock) and just installed the leak a few days ago. The .211 build was good but this is a tad bit better for me. Speed is nice and the battery life is better than it ever was on GB. I fully charged the phone last night to 100%, messed around a bit but then went to bed. I didn't charge it at all while I was sleeping. I left for work and have had it off the charger all day on 3g only with light to moderate use. This was a test for me because work really seems to drain the battery. The only thing I can figure is that the signal is so weak where I am that 3g drops and reconnects all the time and the phone has to work harder and burns more battery. This would happen on GB and even when it would idle it would fly through a fully charged phone. It has been much better on the .214 leak.

87.81KB   24 downloads

Looks like some pretty light usage though.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#408 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

Looks like some pretty light usage though.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I was thinking. I'd like to know what the screen on time was....

#409 jasong127

jasong127

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:00 PM

Ok, clearly I'm screwing something up... have a custom rom and followed the instructions to use the ZIP file. Appears that everything loads just fine albeit pretty fast, reboot, still shows .211.

Please help!

#410 bluex

bluex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Ok, clearly I'm screwing something up... have a custom rom and followed the instructions to use the ZIP file. Appears that everything loads just fine albeit pretty fast, reboot, still shows .211.

Please help!

If you used the utility to flash just the kernel its still going to show .211. Look further down the page at kernel version, its should show a date off June 29....

#411 havensed

havensed

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

I was on the ota. 211. I rooted via Matt's 1.7 utility, then I used voodoo ota root keeper app, save my root and used it to unroot, I then used the first download in this op, to do the stock recovery method and update to. 214 full. When it rebooted I used voodoo to restore root.
I did have to restore my backup of nova Launcher so I could get all my icons back, but that's painless.
Thanks guys this seems faster, as far as battery goes who knows, will know in a few days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX, on the new. 214 update, rooted, using Tapatalk 2

#412 orateam

orateam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

Anyway I can transfer a file using fastboot, from my PC to the external memory of my phone? It could be that that the file is bad since the assert always fails.

NM, lol, I can just pull the card out and transfer the file directly...lol

L me know if you get past this please.

#413 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Twitter:networkdood
  • LocationOver there

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:57 PM

ok, that link posted from crackflashers works for the .211 install - wow, my other 4 versions of .211 did not work - thank you to the one who posted the link.
I love it when a plan comes together...

#414 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

Thanks, it seems like every .211 update file I find is bigger than the next.....in terms of KBs.

So that means they are getting smaller and smaller?

#415 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:03 PM

I got this same issue. I couldn't get past it. Spent 10 hours with the phone and finally gave up. Called Verizon and told them that thier ics upgrade did it. my new Razr comes tomorrow. I will not be doing this upgrade again. I will just root it, install safestrap and use custom roms. Something about this kernal upgrade seems to have locked my phone from getting any standard recovery. It senses that the kernal is not right. I assume only a fastboot of .214 or higher will work.

Yeah, my issue ending up being a bad .211 update file.

#416 networkdood

networkdood

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOver there

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

So that means they are getting smaller and smaller?

No, I just meant that the ones I was downloading were smaller sizes than the one on crackflashers. Actually, every one I found seem to be a bigger file than the previous. Anyways, all set and now I am on .214, rooted...

#417 BIG CAT #7

BIG CAT #7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:33 AM

Will this be getting pushed out by Verizon? Anyone know?

#418 JimmyInTheROC

JimmyInTheROC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

Nobody knows for sure until Verizon actually does it.

My hunch is that this will not be released, just given the timing and that there aren't any glaring problems with .211. I think they will go through a few more revs before they consider it substantial enough for a Service Release. Once again, just my opinion.

#419 suckamucka

suckamucka

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

Can some one send me a link to stock MusicFX.apk from build 211?
The verification is failing for me when trying to update to build 214.
Thanks

#420 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:44 AM

after going to .214 my safe backups are md5 mismatch. because of the different kernel? anyone, thankyou

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users