Photo

HELP! 9.30.1 OTA (LOST ROOT) Is There a Different way to Gain Root Back?

Best Answer livinginkaos , 15 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

There is no current root method for the 9.30.1 update.

Sent From My DEV X

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kurkosky1989

kurkosky1989

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

Ok so heres my first question?........... Is there any possible way of gaining root access through linux for my android ?  ....Like running certain commands to do so......I know u have to change permissions and make changes to the android file system......And was wondering since linux uses root in terminals and so on and so forth would it work to access root in linux and maybe use a file manager to open your android system files in linux to make these changes so u may root.     ..  Instead of waiting for a DEV to create a method or script that will work ... Isnt there a way we can gain this back without waiting for an actual script to release . I rely on my root for a vast majority of my apps and i am lost without it .  I know it may be more complex and diffucult for some people but to gain root access back this way ...   But it would be great.

I have a working linux set up on my comp already with working adb /sdk installed .....     If anybody can help me with rooting my phone it would be very much appreciated.    Im not new to this at all im very familiar with linux and how to use it.  i basically need help with the rooting process and what to do when it comes to that.

I do not have an unlocked bootloader if that makes any difference.

Took 9.30.1 OTA and lost root.

As far as i know there is no script/method to root for the new OTA 9.30.1 update.

Tryed rooting already with Linux but my file system wont allow anything to be written to it.. Its Read Only File System. I think it has to be Read/Write

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

#2 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:22 AM   Best Answer

There is no current root method for the 9.30.1 update.

Sent From My DEV X

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users