16 replies to this topic

#1 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

My XT912 has some weird battery drain issue.

It seems to go above and beyond what normal Motorola Droid Razrs seem to suffer, the phone seems to be warm constantly and the battery drains even while the phone is OFF!!!

anyone heard of something like this going on? I don't have any warranty and I don't recall this issue being there before I installed the ICS leak although I didn't really play around with it for too long before deciding to flash the ICS leak

#2 iDroidGuy

iDroidGuy

:D Taco!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Twitter:iDroidGuy
  • Google+:Stephen Wilmot-Doxey
  • LocationHopewell, VA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

My suggesting is to try the new 214 leak. Supposed to fix battery issues.

Sent From My Semi-Stock Droid RAZR Using Tapatalk 2 Beta 69
If you'd like to buy me a Mountain Dew just PM me for my PayPal info. Thanks :)

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#3 milkshed27

milkshed27

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

My XT912 has some weird battery drain issue.

It seems to go above and beyond what normal Motorola Droid Razrs seem to suffer, the phone seems to be warm constantly and the battery drains even while the phone is OFF!!!

anyone heard of something like this going on? I don't have any warranty and I don't recall this issue being there before I installed the ICS leak although I didn't really play around with it for too long before deciding to flash the ICS leak

I've read on various forums about some people having battery drain issues when upgrading from GB to ICS. I'd factory reset and see if that fixes the problem. Then, if all is well, you can try the .214 leak.
If we question our own actions, our thought process, make a conscious decision to what we feel is right every single day, that's what I believe to be Divinity. That's true Shamanism.

#4 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

well I updated from 206 to 211 the other day and well the warmness seems to dissapear but the battery drain is still there.

but I don't know if it is a hardware fault as the battery drains while the phone is off 0_0

#5 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

Tried 214 no dice, still having battery drain while off. Looking at some GS3 threads I see some people get battery drain while the phone is off too on a CM9 kernel... that is most odd and quite disturbing

#6 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:15 AM

Root and try the app Better Battery Stats, you can see your awake time vs your screen on time, the two shouldn't be too far apart. If they are, check Partial Wakelocks to see if anything is keeping your phone up.

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

Tried 214 no dice, still having battery drain while off. Looking at some GS3 threads I see some people get battery drain while the phone is off too on a CM9 kernel... that is most odd and quite disturbing

You gotta give it more than 1 day.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#8 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

You gotta give it more than 1 day.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

tried a day or two, doesn't help something is draining the battery while the phone is supposed to be off, I fail to understand how partial wakelock could part of that but im installing Better battery stats anyway

#9 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

tried a day or two, doesn't help something is draining the battery while the phone is supposed to be off, I fail to understand how partial wakelock could part of that but im installing Better battery stats anyway

Could be more than 1. Sorry I saw your post dates and thought you had only given it a day, honestly it took mine a couple days to notice a difference.

#10 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

well there is a large difference between awake time and screen time 27.8% 22m 27s awake time vs 5 min 8 seconds screen on time (6.4%)

partial wakelocks however offer little clues as they are all on for a max of 20 seconds.

#11 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

If you can't figure it out, I suggest a factory reset, then don't download any apps or restore settings from your Google Account. Start with a clean slate. Run the phone bone stock for a couple days and see if the battery drain/warmness persists. If the problem is gone, then you can start adding your apps back one or two at a time, until you see the battery drain start again. That will help you find the offending app that's keeping your phone awake.
Posted Image

#12 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

If you can't figure it out, I suggest a factory reset, then don't download any apps or restore settings from your Google Account. Start with a clean slate. Run the phone bone stock for a couple days and see if the battery drain/warmness persists. If the problem is gone, then you can start adding your apps back one or two at a time, until you see the battery drain start again. That will help you find the offending app that's keeping your phone awake.

thats what im currently trying, it is stock, bone stock nothing else installed save for root and better battery stats. however offending apps can't possible be the cause as the phone has a battery drain even while it is off

#13 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

thats what im currently trying, it is stock, bone stock nothing else installed save for root and better battery stats. however offending apps can't possible be the cause as the phone has a battery drain even while it is off

I had same issues and after reset battery got better, especially while screen was off. Took phone off charger few hours before bed and left it on with no sleep mode and next day after 10 hours it was at 90%. I did re-install same apps i had before reset and it didn't mess with battery. Could be old data not playing nice,

I like to start with clean slate after any update, dont mind wiping and starting over. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2
  • karenct likes this

#14 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 08 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Clarify; you mean it drains while the screen is off, or you mean you completely power the phone down and the battery still drains?
Posted Image

#15 Proxy638

Proxy638

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

The battery drains while the phone is completely powered down/turned off/shutdown

#16 Mr. Orange 645

Mr. Orange 645

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationSW, Missouri

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Hmmmm....how fast is the drain with the phone off?
Posted Image

#17 Rycix

Rycix

Bouncing Ball Of Energy / Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationNew England, USA
  • Current Device(s):XT912

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

The battery drains while the phone is completely powered down/turned off/shutdown

I would hit volume power go in fast boot and power phone off that way. If it stops draining/ heating, then it is probably the update, which might not be really turning everything off. I'd assume going into safe strap and hitting power down would work since its second init, but I would try the force power off way instead just to be sure.

I'm on KOA w 211 base and haven't noticed these problems.
Droid Razr XT912, cooling down with ICS on 6.16.211

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users