• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

I am running stock rooted ROM and after this latest software update I keep getting the message insufficient storage available. As you can see from the picture I have a lot of space left but certain apps such as Google wallet will not be installed. Any ideas on how I can fix this? I have already utilized link2sd and made a separate part I on on my SD card to move data onto SD card to relieve some space but evidently it did not pan out.

Attached Files

#2 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

it happens when you have left over .odex files... i say get a app cleaner ... which i cant think of one.. and clear cache and dalvik should help you.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

#3 mrlolli

mrlolli

Put Member Title Here

• Developer
  • 763 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

The insufficient space message is actually coming from a separate partition, so to speak, not the same partition where your music and photos are saved. With a root browser, go to /data on your internal memory and see how much space it is actually showing as available. If you show more than enough free space, then there was a bad uninstall. I have had that message disappear after going to /data/app-lib, finding the folder named for the app that cant install, then deleting that folder. It has always installed fine for me after that

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

2qa7hv4.jpg

Nice job on the signature, jl90...thanks! 

#4 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I tried using an app cleaner and cleaned caches. I attempted to download an app to wipe dalvik cache but I got the message insufficient storage... And this is an app I never downloaded before. I searched root files to see if app had a bad uninstall but nothing there either. Any other possible suggestions?

#5 jvasquezhhi

jvasquezhhi

Frankensteiner

• Developer
  • 330 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr M (XT907) Retail (unlocked)

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:59 PM

go into recovery and clear cache/dalvik download if possible to download SD Maid. that will clear most of the left over files... if that doesnt work i say need to reflash whatever you flashed.

Cool-Timeline-Covers.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users