• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

Can somebody please tell me the best AOSP ROMs out there for the RAZR? I come from a Galaxy Nexus and I really need a Vanilla ROM to use, or at least something close to it. Everything I've seen either has problems or isn't very Vanilla. Thanks in advance.

#2 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Simplex, Eclipse and Black Widow are Blur based roms with Blur removed and AOSP added. Everything works.

The true AOSP roms are great, but HDMI and web top don't work (could be a deal breaker for some). Also, there are data drops, but you can usually get it back by toggling GSM, then LTE/GSM CDMA or whatever it is lol. Worst case scenario is you have to reboot

#3 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Simplex, Eclipse and Black Widow are Blur based roms with Blur removed and AOSP added. Everything works.

The true AOSP roms are great, but HDMI and web top don't work (could be a deal breaker for some). Also, there are data drops, but you can usually get it back by toggling GSM, then LTE/GSM CDMA or whatever it is lol. Worst case scenario is you have to reboot

I can't even find the "true" AOSP ROMs lol. The three you mentioned are all pretty far from Vanilla, but I guess I'll deal with it. Thank you!

#4 zachjeep

zachjeep

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Droidhive has aosp that dhacker hooked up

Sent from my get n7000 using Tapatalk 2

#5 mal_eskrito

mal_eskrito

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Also in Droidhive DroidTheory will be releasing a AOSP rom today or tomorrow.

Posted Image

#6 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

I can't even find the "true" AOSP ROMs lol. The three you mentioned are all pretty far from Vanilla, but I guess I'll deal with it. Thank you!

True. I listed "problem free" ones lol.

As said before, Droid hive has vanilla aosp roms, but they have the usual issues

#7 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:50 PM

KOA ROM (CM9) or KOA AOKP, both are non-themed (just tweaked and modded).

KOA ROM (CM9):

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

KOA AOKP:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#8 STLRampage

STLRampage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

Does anyone know which AOSP rooms "google now" is working on? Saw an article that the RAZR can run it but only on AOSP roms.

#9 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

Does anyone know which AOSP rooms "google now" is working on? Saw an article that the RAZR can run it but only on AOSP roms.

Pretty sure they're working in KOA

#10 STLRampage

STLRampage

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Just read the info on KOA. Voice to text is working but Google now isn't working for voice search yet. :-/

#11 fusion3286

fusion3286

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Twitter:stephen_lacman
  • Google+:Stephen Lacman
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Try liquidICS 1.5 over on rootzwiki. Super smooth, and the best battery of any ROM for razr. (At least for me). Same problem with Google now though, text works fine, but no voice search.
OG Razr -- INFEKTED -- .211, .214 kernel -- InteractiveX governor

#12 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

Try liquidICS 1.5 over on rootzwiki. Super smooth, and the best battery of any ROM for razr. (At least for me). Same problem with Google now though, text works fine, but no voice search.

The ROM looks perfect but I can't find a list of bugs that it has on the RAZR and it looks like you need to be on an earlier ICS leak to use it. I am on 211. Any tips or anything?

#13 fusion3286

fusion3286

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

Any ICS version will work. I ran it on 211 with no problem. Data didn't always come up right away on boot, but if I just let it sit for a minute, it came up. Now I'm running it on 211 with the 214 kernel, and its still going great.

#14 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Any ICS version will work. I ran it on 211 with no problem. Data didn't always come up right away on boot, but if I just let it sit for a minute, it came up. Now I'm running it on 211 with the 214 kernel, and its still going great.

About to install. This will be my first custom ROM on this phone. Wish me luck lol

#15 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

About to install. This will be my first custom ROM on this phone. Wish me luck lol

Liquid was very smooth. I didn't like how slow my wifi was to connect though. I was on the 211 kernel though at the time, but not sure if that would make a difference now. I hope they upgrade to 1.6 and also upgrade the wifi modules to the ones recently released in the ics source like KOA rom has.

#16 2302jason

2302jason

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

I installed Liquid but I had to go back to stock. The "Recent Apps" previews were cropped, the SD card didn't mount, and a few other problems. And from what I understand, all AOSP ROMs have this problem.

#17 fusion3286

fusion3286

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

As far as the SD card issue, you just have to mount and unmount it a couple times and it works. Its in the thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users