newskate9

Older Than You

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationCentral PA
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx HD, Razr Maxx, Nexus 7

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:50 AM

This may not help anyone, but here's what I came up with for now.

I keep two running backups - my 4.3 workhorse, and my 4.4 playground.  There are some issues with the 4.4 I think many of us are dealing with -  the one that is bugging me the most is not able to move files using any file manager and TIBU not backing up to it.

i think there is an edit to fix this, but I'm waiting for it to be confirmed and integrated, as opposed to doing it each time I update to the newest build.  

I have a great deal of my 32 gigs I'm not using on the phone, so I set up TIBU to back up to a new directory ON THE PHONE.  This directory is not touched with wipes or ROM changes, so no issues.  I can then back up, restore apps when I ROM, and I create ZIPS to flash I store there too.  Anything that needs to write/read to sdcard, now goes on my phone.  I can still READ from sdcard, so I've not moved ring tones for example.

This is a small issue, I know - but as you nerds get the bits and parts working, I still want to backup - so I don't have to bug you all!  This is a short term work around for me.

[ btw - reminder - NERDS, as I've said before, is a term of endearment!  ]  

Carry on.

Skate

Proud father of a US Marine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users