n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Current Device(s):IS12M

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

Hello experts,

I just registered here for a specific reason:

In Japan I bought "IS12M" from provider au. This phone is technically identical with XT912 CDMA - except that LTE is missing (but not sure if the chip is missing or just not supported in Japanese ROM). But for sure Japanese ROM does not support reading SIM card and therefore I am not able to use the phone anywhere else in the world currently.

My plan is to flash complete XT912 ROM from Verizon because I was told that SIM card works there. But I am new to this. I downloaded several ROMs that I found. But I am unsure:

- I was reading about radio firmware. Is this included in ROM? If not, it might not help me to flash the ROM.

- I was reading about compatibility issues. When I try to flash XT912 ROM will I get a message that it is incompatible? What to do if I get such a message?

I would appreciate some help. Maybe a link to download stock ROM or confirmation that the files I downloaded are complete and contain everything I need. And maybe some instructions how to flash and to avoid compatibility issues.

I already rooted, installed Boot Menu Manager and flashed custom ROM on second slot. But custom ROM has the same issue, probably because of unique radio firmware. So generally I am able to perform this job - but I am afraid that I might brick the phone this time.

Thanks for your comments...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users