Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Anything useful in logs?

CDMA RAZR - .211 - KOA AOKP

I've still got the log's but never really got around to digging into it. Sounds like Dhacker is making good progress though!

#22 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

This is what I love about the Android community. Way to go makin this happen. I can't wait to see JB ROMs running on the ICS kernel that are as good as the ICS ROMs we had running on the gingerbread kernel. Way to go guys.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#23 mugsy77

mugsy77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Current Device(s):RAZR MAXX

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thats why im not upgrading. :) Ill pay full price for phones to keep unlimited data. Just got my S3 in the mail yesterday. Damn Verizon locked the bootloader on that too. :(

Don't mean to go off-topic, but there will be a S3 Dev Edition sometime...

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#24 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:24 PM

So I flashed the JB deal on my safe side and now can't enter recovery. Either of them. Both stock android and safestrap. Neither one. This should be fun to repair.

People, use caution trying this.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!

#25 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

I know. I already got mine though and the devs have came real far on getting a workaround/unlock. :)

If only Moto wasnt so anal about their Bootloaders. We could have a great ROM like the GNex has. :/
  • mugsy77 likes this

#26 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Fixed my phone, not sure how. Still folks, use caution flashing a rom so deep into Alpha.

#27 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Twitter:@got556
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:30 PM

Its gonna be a long process so don't hold your breath because of lock bootloaders we can't get the kernal or radio's which will be important for data, wifi, bluetooth and some other important stuff damn u big red unlock the bootloader already. Big red won't do it cause the razr hd will come with jelly bean and if u get your maxx with fully functional jeally bean u just might keep your money and not purchase the razr hd which is basically the same phone with lil upgrades and soft keys

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Maybe you're new here, or just weren't around before ICS was released but we've been through this all before. Razr Devs are some of the best in the business. AOSP Source for 4.1 just dropped yesterday and DT/DH/and others already have Alpha builds going. It will be much like ICS ports from the Gnex, but I don't think it will be bad as JB is a minor update from ICS...not a major like GB to ICS.

I do however agree with your assessment that "Official JB for the RAZR is a looooonnnngggg way off". The Razr will be irrelevant by the time JB rolls around for the Razr IMHO.

I moved on to the Gnex and will stay with Nexus devices from here on out. Still deciding whether I will leave VZW (Just completed my 14th year with them) and give up my two unlimited lines when my contracts are up a year from now. I've used straight talk before and may be going back. Can you say...international unlocked GSM goodness. It's funny all VZW had to do to originally get the Iphone b/c to me, those two companies (VZW and Apple) are two peas in a pod. F them both.
  • W0017roid likes this
Posted Image

#28 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:32 PM

Such bull$!#7, but man I have this bad feeling other telco companies and manufacturers will soon be following the forever Moto and now Sammy trend. :(
Posted Image

#29 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

My question is.... How different is the jb kernel? I can't be hugely different like the jump between gb and ics.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

#30 VincentL2189

VincentL2189

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:14 AM

My question is.... How different is the jb kernel? I can't be hugely different like the jump between gb and ics.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

The kernels are almost exactly the same. Much like Froyo/Gingerbread

#31 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

I booted up Dhackers JB alpha last night and I will tell you, I had to try hard to find any major differences. Different system menu, different lock screen. Seems like the bigger differences with JB will be all the new GApps.

#32 W0017roid

W0017roid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Twitter:17akota
  • Google+:17akota
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Pennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

I booted up Dhackers JB alpha last night and I will tell you, I had to try hard to find any major differences. Different system menu, different lock screen. Seems like the bigger differences with JB will be all the new GApps.

That and no more flash.

If i can get Google Now working with voice then ill be happy :)

#33 mush2699

mush2699

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think we really need the google now ported to ics not a port of jelly bean. But if we cant get google now completely ported to ics because of the lack of the jb kernel, why even try to port jb over using and ics kernel. The major differences need the jb kernel. Otherwise, its just gb Am I mIssing something?

#34 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Yeah brother. its not what most think... Its more of an updated ICS.. because of the addition of a few tweaks and Google now being a big leap for the competition, they are giving it the old trusty JB....Jim Beam that is....lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#35 got556

got556

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

I've said it once and I'll say it a million more times. This is what ICS should have been. JB is solid and just as, if not more fluid than iOS.

Buttery smooth and iOS fanbois are gonna be taking second looks at Android real soon IMHO.

Now it's up to the damn telco companies to start pushing this firmware, b/c quite frankly it's disgusting how bad VZW, AT&T, Sprint, TMO, etc hold back Android.
Posted Image

#36 LauraSakura

LauraSakura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Twitter:laurasakura
  • LocationYoungstown, OH

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:32 AM

Makes me think my next device will be a nexus, or a dev device. Any companies still good with keeping their bootloaders unlocked?

CDMA RAZR MAXX - Running Android 4.1.1 JB - CM10 Unofficial Alpha

#37 noahsark3

noahsark3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

Makes me think my next device will be a nexus, or a dev device. Any companies still good with keeping their bootloaders unlocked?

google. But actually, HTC isn't awful about it. They have in the past actually released tools to unlock bootloaders, not just said they would. Sony is the same way I believe, but their phones aren't nearly as robust.

#38 Picaso86

Picaso86

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Twitter:DonAndres861
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

I can't seem to find a forum that shows the work being done to the Jelly Bean ROM for our Razr. Does anyone have a link?

#39 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

I can't seem to find a forum that shows the work being done to the Jelly Bean ROM for our Razr. Does anyone have a link?

DHacker mostly posts to twitter I believe.

#40 thrasher194

thrasher194

http://androidn00b.com/

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Google+:Thrasher194@gmail.com
  • LocationNorthCarolina, USA
  • Current Device(s):Motorola G4 Play (xt1609)

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

i tested the alpha build. It loaded 4.1.1 just no data 3G/4G/Wifi! I saw no difference between the menu on jellybeen 4.1.1 and ICS 4.0.4. Can't wait for the working data build.. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users