34 replies to this topic

#1 Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Well, now we have ICS. Isn't it wonderful. Now I get to see all the updates for jelly bean fixes for all (nearly) my apps. I hope Big Red feels like a huge dork now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:03 PM

We're pretty far from a Stable jelly bean unless you have a gnex...

Sent from my Razr Maxx, just because I wanted this title on tapatalk.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#3 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well, now we have ICS. Isn't it wonderful. Now I get to see all the updates for jelly bean fixes for all (nearly) my apps. I hope Big Red feels like a huge dork now.

Not sure I see the point of this post. Unless you buy a Nexus you will never have the latest and greatest OS days after it is released. Haven't we done enough Verizon/Moto bashing on here. Can't we all just enjoy the phones we have.
  • JNagy, Aliceics, HouseMD and 1 other like this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#4 alexp1289

alexp1289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:11 PM

I want jelly bean as well. And I definitely want something like siri for my phone. My parents just got an iphone and I'll be honest I'm heavily considering getting an iphone 5 when they're released. I mean I'll be honest 1 of the biggest reasons I'm considering an iphone is because all of my android phones have had $!#7ty battery life. But I won't be considering other phones until my upgrade comes.

#5 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Can't we all just enjoy the phones we have.

To me, my phone is a computer. Actually, outside of work, it really is my primary computer. I use my personal desktop and laptop maybe, once a month. Maybe.

As a computer, I should be able to put any compatible, legally obtained OS on it that I want. And if I cannot, then its not really MINE, but belongs to someone else; in this case, Verizon.

And that's really what it comes down to. Those who want computational freedom have to stop sucking at the teet of subsudized hardware. Because, like everything else in life, if you didn't truly pay for it, then it ain't really yours.

#6 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I want jelly bean as well. And I definitely want something like siri for my phone. My parents just got an iphone and I'll be honest I'm heavily considering getting an iphone 5 when they're released. I mean I'll be honest 1 of the biggest reasons I'm considering an iphone is because all of my android phones have had $!#7ty battery life. But I won't be considering other phones until my upgrade comes.

You're going to be disappointed then.

#7 alexp1289

alexp1289

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:48 PM

You're going to be disappointed then.

Why is that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

#8 mkarps

mkarps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

IPhone blows harder than a easyperson on rent day.

#9 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Why is that?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Unless the 5 has a huge battery, you'll face the same issues. At least with Android, you can modify and tweak to get better battery life. I've owned both and prefer droids

#10 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

What is the average age of posters on this site. Seems like there are a lot of 12 year olds, especially in this thread.

#11 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

What is the average age of posters on this site. Seems like there are a lot of 12 year olds, especially in this thread.

I hate it when people have nothing more intelligent to add to a thread than "+1". That said:

+1.

Jelly Bean will come in the fullness of time. We already have a .214 leak of ICS, showing Moto has not abandoned the RAZR. I expect to see more ICS leaks, then eventually a JB leak. Patience.

#12 mkarps

mkarps

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

I hate it when people have nothing more intelligent to add to a thread than "+1". That said:

+1.

Jelly Bean will come in the fullness of time. We already have a .214 leak of ICS, showing Moto has not abandoned the RAZR. I expect to see more ICS leaks, then eventually a JB leak. Patience.

+1

#13 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

As a computer, I should be able to put any compatible, legally obtained OS on it that I want. And if I cannot, then its not really MINE, but belongs to someone else; in this case, Verizon.

There is the key word!! As of right now JB is not fully compatible with with the Moto Razr. When it is they will have Roms for it. To use your computer metaphor on Linux certain graphics cards were not compatible for years til someone found a work around. Same thing we are waiting for our great Devs to do.

Again I say EVERY other phone has this same problem unless it's a Nexus. In fact that is the entire reason Google came out with the Nexus Dev phone. So I guess if it bothers you so much that you cannot put whatever you want on your phone I suggest getting one of those.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#14 Guest_R3Ds_*

Guest_R3Ds_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

To me, my phone is a computer. Actually, outside of work, it really is my primary computer. I use my personal desktop and laptop maybe, once a month. Maybe.

And that's really what it comes down to. Those who want computational freedom have to stop sucking at the teet of subsudized hardware. Because, like everything else in life, if you didn't truly pay for it, then it ain't really yours.

We can't even go back to gingerbread if you don't like ics. Which means who's phone is it? Yours, verizon or Motorola. So you are renting the Device and service until your next PAID update. I will be moving to a different carrier and getting a developer friendly device. F all this nonsense.

R3Ds Themes

#15 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

So I guess if it bothers you so much that you cannot put whatever you want on your phone I suggest getting one of those.

Yeah, that is the point i made. Don't settle for a cheap, subsidized, buy one get one special. Pay full price for what ya really want.

#16 RobertWhitten87

RobertWhitten87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Twitter:RobertWWhitten
  • LocationToledo, Ohio

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

+1

+1

#17 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

There is the key word!! As of right now JB is not fully compatible with with the Moto Razr. When it is they will have Roms for it.

It is not JB that has to adapt to be compatible with the RAZR. It is the RAZR (kernel, proprietary drivers, etc) that has to adapt to be compatible with JB.

#18 ogre

ogre

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:30 PM

What I would like to see most is agnostic, open hardware.

But there's probably little money in developing an open platform, industry standard smartphone. All the smartphone manufacturers work hard to take the same hardware as the other guys and try to reinvent the wheel.

But when you cut the marketing hype, it's a chipset and a screen. A camera and an SD card. Etc.

Industry standards. That's what we need. But that doesn't sell. Sex sells. RAZR sells. Design sells.

Content, character, interoperability, open, doesn't sell.

#19 PillClinton

PillClinton

#FireGaryBettman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Twitter:530SharksFan
  • LocationNorCal

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

And I definitely want something like siri for my phone.

It's still in alpha & not perfect but check our

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

! There are others as well. Also, the built in

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

can perform many functions too!

#20 jimgfitzgerald

jimgfitzgerald

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

When I had GB, my Razr Maxx would make phone calls, send and receive text, send and receive email, and browse the internet. It would also run a bunch of apps. Now that I have ICS, my Razr Maxx will make phone calls, send and receive text, send and receive email, and browse the internet. It will also run a bunch of apps. When we get JB, I assume my Razr Maxx will make phone calls, send and receive text, send and receive email, and browse the internet. It should also run a bunch of apps. What the hell difference does it make if the phone looks a little different and things are rearranged a little?
  • JNagy and Memnoch73 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users