1 reply to this topic

#1 gtpony_94

gtpony_94

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

I have a Razr that I rooted using the Droid razr Utility1.7 I first used it to install ICS before the official release. I was not comfortable with it and wanted to unroot my phone, i have the blur version 6.12.181.XT312 file on my sd card but i can not get to AP Fastboot. when i press the power button with both volume keys it does show the motorola logo with dualcore technology but then goes to a black screen. Thanks in advance

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:31 AM

If you installed the official OTA of ICS, there is no way back to 6.12.181. Once you're on the new ICS, Gingerbread is gone. I know this doesn't help with getting you unbricked but I'm just saying.
There is a fix for this black screen, a lot of people had this type of softbrick when they tried to restore gingerbread, but it didn't happen to me, so I couldn't help you here. I know someone can. After we get you unbricked I would suggest getting the Droid Razr Utility 1.8 and running the fastboot option to get your system cleaned out and back on 6.16.211. Sorry for the news, but gingerbread is gone.

Edit: actually, if the file on your sd card is labeled 6.12.181 then that is 6.16.211 (so confusing). Unless someone renamed the file you have to 181 and it is a GB file. Its' such a pain in the ass because moto labels the files a dumbass way and then to make the issue compounding, people rename them what they actually are. Wow, hang on the ride.

Edited by tucstwo, 15 July 2012 - 06:35 AM.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users