Photo

Droid Razr Utility 1.81 [Windows] For Verizon Droid Razr/maxx Only!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
546 replies to this topic

#501 bipmip

bipmip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

Download isnt working.

#502 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:07 PM

That sounds like a bad battery, but if you want to give it one more shot, use BatteryCalibration app instead of SS. It's possible that SS is not able to remove the file or the reference to it is wrong. I know for certain that BatteryCalibration works. A drop like that is also an indicator of miscalibration.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#503 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD Maxx, Moto X Developer Edition

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:38 AM

Just finished trying what stealthmouse suggested.
1. Let it drain
2. Fully recharged for 3 hours with phone off.
3. Wiped battery stats in SS then rebooted, only to have 50% battery show up.
4. Drained the battery by watching a movie off the SD card. it did a jump to 20 then slowly dropped to 5% before shutting down.
5. Allowed a full recharge with phone powered down.
6. Rebooted with 100% then got halfway through a song before dropping straight to 50.
Did I do something wrong? :l I'm thinking I should take another crack at it and wipe cache as well as satman suggests.

Wiping Cache may fix it, but definitely do it, it wont mess anything up or format anything, you also may have an old app or something driving up your CPU to 100%.

Wipe cache.. at least 2wice
Download system panel light and see if something is driving your CPU crazy
Also, Settings/Brightness/ Turn off Automatic Brightness and set to about 30%

Let me know what you find..

Signature Made & Protected by zooyork0721

Posted Image

Site Rules and Guidelines

#504 ifonekillr

ifonekillr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Twitter:@ifonekillr
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

While I don't currently need this utility I will certainly download it so that when I need it (and I always do) I'll have batman be able to save me. Thanks matt!
My Razr is sharp thanks to Droidrzr.com, I will cut you with it if I must.

#505 SincerelyTony

SincerelyTony

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, tried satman's and stealthmouse's suggestions but the only difference was that the battery stayed between 100-90 for a couple of hours before shutting off. I don't think an app could've caused a problem because I have nothing on it, it's currently only being used for media off the SD card.
whenever I charged the phone it would be for 2+ hours or overnight because the battery would jump from 5% to 100 in half an hour. The battery was fine when I originally did the ICS OTA update.
Bad battery then? If so, would purchasing a new one help?

#506 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Well, tried satman's and stealthmouse's suggestions but the only difference was that the battery stayed between 100-90 for a couple of hours before shutting off. I don't think an app could've caused a problem because I have nothing on it, it's currently only being used for media off the SD card.
whenever I charged the phone it would be for 2+ hours or overnight because the battery would jump from 5% to 100 in half an hour. The battery was fine when I originally did the ICS OTA update.
Bad battery then? If so, would purchasing a new one help?

Given all you've tried, that would be my vote. That should really be a warranty item, so you should contact VZW. I doubt they'll send you a battery, since it's "non removable," but if they did, it's pretty easy to replace. More likely they'd send you a replacement device. Or you can get the battery separately from plenty of online sources. Make sure you purchase an OEM battery if you go that route.

If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#507 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:28 AM

Given all you've tried, that would be my vote. That should really be a warranty item, so you should contact VZW. I doubt they'll send you a battery, since it's "non removable," but if they did, it's pretty easy to replace. More likely they'd send you a replacement device. Or you can get the battery separately from plenty of online sources. Make sure you purchase an OEM battery if you go that route.

I would have to Agree also stealthmouse at this point.. The only thing I would suggest is RSD Lighting it, but considering his battery condition, I wouldn't do it.. But, if this is true ""only difference was that the battery stayed between 100-90 for a couple of hours before shutting off"" he might have a chance?

Posted Image

#508 maestro_tpt

maestro_tpt

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Before I root my Razr, I want to know if I would always need to use the same computer if I wanted to unroot. Should the root/unroot process be done on the same computer or could different computers be used if the need arises?

Thanks!

later...ken

#509 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:57 AM

Before I root my Razr, I want to know if I would always need to use the same computer if I wanted to unroot. Should the root/unroot process be done on the same computer or could different computers be used if the need arises?

Thanks!

later...ken

you can use a different computer..... just make sure you have all the drivers installed on the other computer.... and the utility copied as well.....

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#510 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thanks!

later...ken

Try to use a desktop if at all possible. I'm not saying laptops can't be used cuz people here use them all the time but I noticed some complaints about laptop usb ports randomly not playing nice.
Posted Image

#511 carracerz14

carracerz14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Never heard of that before. My laptop has the same usb ports that a desktop would...

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

#512 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Never heard of that before. My laptop has the same usb ports that a desktop would...

the usb ports will be "the same" .... however, laptops are more prone to "damage" ..... and it can/will affect the performance of both hardware and software...... usually because they are being transported form one place to another constantly..... where desktops are typically in one place with the devices not being plugged and unplugged on a regular basis......

jhf.png

#513 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

..... but it also depends on the quality of the system regardless of laptop or desktop :-)

jhf.png

#514 carracerz14

carracerz14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:30 PM

I take care of mine :-) no drops, or anything. I would expect it to work great for 2700 dollar laptop

#515 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

I take care of mine :-) no drops, or anything. I would expect it to work great for 2700 dollar laptop

i dont even own a desktop anymore..... ;-) ... i use my laptop(s) for everything :-)

jhf.png

#516 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

just don't buy your computer from walmart and don't buy Acer and it shouldn't be a big issue.
I still have a desktop for when I need to convert avi/mp4 to dvd and burn and don't want to tax the laptop, but it doesn't even have access to the internet on it.
  • johnthehillbilly likes this

#517 satman80

satman80

Gny. Sgt. Hartman

• Administrator
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationPluto

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:00 PM

I was going to stay away from this discussion because its sorta getting off topic, but ill bite,

The reason why he was saying desktop I believe is not because of drops etc, the reason I think he was getting at was because unlike laptops, Desktops can be fixed a lot faster and cheaper with less downtime or throwing it away..

Laptop problems are, they are mostly non upgradeable, they overheat, example: a Video card breaks from overheating or whatever, they range (if you can find the part still) from 300-800$ just for that one part, now, you also have the motherboard, which if that goes bad you my as well just buy a new laptop. A lot more can go wrong, like fans, keyboards etc...

As apposed to desktops where you can just get an overnight part from, say, newegg, for a few bucks and your up and going. Even say for example a Motherboard goes bad and say its an Asus, Most likely you can replace that part and depending on the model, just fix a few drivers, etc..

Power plugs as well, you can buy a new power supply for a few bucks as apposed to a laptop where if you break the connecter on the back you have to rip the whole laptop apart (providing you have solder skills) and hope you can fix that part.

I have been doing I.T for about 18 years, I am not perfect and I don't know everything, yes I have a few laptops and desktops, but when I do something like this I rather use my desktop, personal preference, but for reliability, I rather just depend on a desktop over a laptop. Stability and support for desktop motherboards are usually better as well because they sell more than laptops..

I'm not knocking anyone or singling anyone out I am just putting in my 2 cents.. :)

Happy Testing!
  • Nitewolf and johnthehillbilly like this

Posted Image

#518 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:01 PM

I was going to stay away from this discussion because its sorta getting off topic, but ill bite,

The reason why he was saying desktop I believe is not because of drops etc, the reason I think he was getting at was because unlike laptops, Desktops can be fixed a lot faster and cheaper with less downtime or throwing it away..

Laptop problems are, they are mostly non upgradeable, they overheat, example: a Video card breaks from overheating or whatever, they range (if you can find the part still) from 300-800$ just for that one part, now, you also have the motherboard, which if that goes bad you my as well just buy a new laptop. A lot more can go wrong, like fans, keyboards etc...

As apposed to desktops where you can just get an overnight part from, say, newegg, for a few bucks and your up and going. Even say for example a Motherboard goes bad and say its an Asus, Most likely you can replace that part and depending on the model, just fix a few drivers, etc..

Power plugs as well, you can buy a new power supply for a few bucks as apposed to a laptop where if you break the connecter on the back you have to rip the whole laptop apart (providing you have solder skills) and hope you can fix that part.

I have been doing I.T for about 18 years, I am not perfect and I don't know everything, yes I have a few laptops and desktops, but when I do something like this I rather use my desktop, personal preference, but for reliability, I rather just depend on a desktop over a laptop. Stability and support for desktop motherboards are usually better as well because they sell more than laptops..

I'm not knocking anyone or singling anyone out I am just putting in my 2 cents.. :)

Happy Testing!

All good points, I just prefer to do fastboots from a laptop incase part of the way through the process the house loses power, which for me is damn near anytime it rains, like last night lost power for over 2 hours, from my understanding you can potentially hard brick the phone if a fastboot is interrupted midway thru so having the battery backup that a laptop naturally has is more of a plus then the risk of crappy usb ports.
  • mattlgroff likes this

#519 luigi90210

luigi90210

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

download isnt working, is there a mirror or something?

#520 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:30 AM

download isnt working, is there a mirror or something?

try going to the updated1.82 utility ......

jhf.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users