Photo

6.16.215 Ics Update Leak (Install From 211)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1134 replies to this topic

#841 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

If so, that's ridiculous since I've only had the phone and similar for 2 months and its never been out of the phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

not really my data dropped out and I had to get my SIM replaced and I had only had the phone a month at that time.

#842 nailbomb3

nailbomb3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

Leave your screen on for awhile and watch your temp rise ton around 40c. 211 didn't do this. And the kernel is the number one user of power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#843 Brad92

Brad92

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

not really my data dropped out and I had to get my SIM replaced and I had only had the phone a month at that time.

I'll have to fastboot back to stock and talk to Verizon about getting another sim.

Today it gave me a no networks available message and asked if I wanted to switch to global mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

#844 slvrbul

slvrbul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx / Motorola Xoom MZ602 4G

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

I applied 215 update with no problems, except now I can't get 4G to stay keeps kicking me back to 3G only. Never had that problem before, anyone else seeing this issue !!!

Carl
USN Retired
Razr Maxx
Rooted 215

Posted Image

#845 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • LocationIowa. Close to the University of Iowa.

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:41 PM

I have to get 1.8 utility to even see my phone. Are the drivers the same from 1.61 utility?

I have Moto Razr....I will cut you.
To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#846 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

I have to get 1.8 utility to even see my phone. Are the drivers the same from 1.61 utility?

NO, 1.8 and 1.81 utility have 5.9.0 version of drivers and 1.6 was 5.5.0. There are new drivers to work with the new firmware.

#847 jcamel24

jcamel24

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR XT912

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:47 AM

I applied 215 update with no problems, except now I can't get 4G to stay keeps kicking me back to 3G only. Never had that problem before, anyone else seeing this issue !!!

Carl
USN Retired
Razr Maxx
Rooted 215

I would like to know too. 215 has been giving me awesome battery life. Just got 4g in town today, but cant get it to stay, keeps dropping back to 3g.

#848 masterfisto

masterfisto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

I'm using safestrap right now and have 215 on the unsafe side, but is it possible to get it on the unsafe side so I can flash kernel modules and such?

#849 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

I'm using safestrap right now and have 215 on the unsafe side, but is it possible to get it on the unsafe side so I can flash kernel modules and such?

Not sure what you're asking but the kernel you are using on safe mode disabled (original) will be what the ROM (safe mode enabled) will be running on. So you need to find compatible Roms based on the kernel version.
Posted Image

#850 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:08 AM

The file of 1.8 did not have drivers. Do you have a link to them?

To powerful to fall into my hands. Click......Rooted. ICS rommed!!!!! Muhahahahah!!!!

#851 CharlieoftheSea

CharlieoftheSea

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

I applied 215 about 2 weeks ago with no problems. Though I have no hard data to back it up, I have seen a pretty significant improvement in battery life. 4G connectivity may have improved, can't say for sure; but it definitely has NOT worsened. I have experienced only one negative/unexplained issue... I have tried to install "Perfectly Clear for Android" from the Play Store, but I continually am told that it is not compatible with my device (Droid Razr). The app in the Play Store says it is compatible with 2.3.3 and above, and the developer has told me via email that it is compatible, but I'm still unable to download/install. I have had ZERO issues with installing any other apps from any number of sources. I have tried from both my phone and from my PC. The only thing I have come up with is the possibility that this issue is related to 215.

Can anyone help me to confirm, or discount any connection to 215? Or do you have any other explanation or solution? (Sorry for the long post)

#852 masterfisto

masterfisto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

Not sure what you're asking but the kernel you are using on safe mode disabled (original) will be what the ROM (safe mode enabled) will be running on. So you need to find compatible Roms based on the kernel version.

I'm running the stock 215 right now on unsafe side, is it possible to flash stock 215 on the safe side is what I'm I asking I suppose?

#853 larrygeary

larrygeary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm running the stock 215 right now on unsafe side, is it possible to flash stock 215 on the safe side is what I'm I asking I suppose?

There is a deodexed version of .215 at the top of the ROM section that you can flash in SafeStrap.

#854 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

The file of 1.8 did not have drivers. Do you have a link to them?

Check again, 1.8 utility DOES have the drivers there in the folder called "Drivers[REQUIRED]"

#855 Daniel644

Daniel644

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:57 AM

Kernels are SEPERATE from ROM's due to the locked boot loader, if you have followed the steps in the OP then chose to safestrap your phone then you have the .215 KERNEL whether your on the safe or unsafe side regardless of what ROM you flash (confirmed by checking kernel build date), if you need the placebo effect of actually getting your phone info screen to say your on .215, then flash a ROM based off .215 or manually edit the build.prop

#856 claps1775

claps1775

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Moving my posts to 1.8 thread.

#857 chris2183

chris2183

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

Moto fast boot

So I've never had this problem before. Running Eclipse on 211. Turn phone of hold volume up and down then add power button. Get to application fast boot it say battery OK OK to program transfer mode is usb connected. But when I choose number 1 in matts latest utility to fast boot back to stock 211 it says moto fast boot not recognized.

#858 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Moto fast boot

So I've never had this problem before. Running Eclipse on 211. Turn phone of hold volume up and down then add power button. Get to application fast boot it say battery OK OK to program transfer mode is usb connected. But when I choose number 1 in matts latest utility to fast boot back to stock 211 it says moto fast boot not recognized.

Extract the entire zip to a folder or to your desktop. You cannot run it from within the .zip
Sent from my DROID RAZR

#859 fastfoodfred

fastfoodfred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

I am wondering if the increased battery life people are experiencing are due to the 4g signal dropping? If I were to have no 4g, I would have no reason to have this phone, other than the spectacular roms and themes that i get to mess around with, but those are the same to me as my wife having 200 pairs of shoes....just for fun.

#860 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 04:39 PM

I am wondering if the increased battery life people are experiencing are due to the 4g signal dropping? If I were to have no 4g, I would have no reason to have this phone, other than the spectacular roms and themes that i get to mess around with, but those are the same to me as my wife having 200 pairs of shoes....just for fun.

Why drive a volkswagon when you can drive a porsche at a reasonable price? As for battery life, I live in a 3G area that has 4G about 10 miles from me. Never had a signal drop (that I noticed) and being on 3G most of the time I've had great battery life with my OG Razr as compared to before, so there's got to be more to it than signal drops.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users