#1 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

So I'm new to modding my RAZR MAXX and I just upgraded from 4.1.2 JB to 4.4.2 Kitkat Aviator ROM and I'm really wanting to know if their is ANYWAY possible I can downgrade/ switch ROMs using SafeStrap v3.65? I don't want to brick my phone and I've heard theirs no way I can downgrade after I've upgraded to a new firmware due to the forever locked bootloader. Like I said I'm new to modding my RAZE MAXX and would really love some assistance from the community as well.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

YeLcxY9.jpg

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

You just installed a KK rom not new firmware. You can just flash a different rom over that slot and you will be good to go..

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

You just installed a KK rom not new firmware. You can just flash a different rom over that slot and you will be good to go..

So all I would have to do is download the new ROM and gapps, go into Safestrap Recover, Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, then flash the new ROM and gaps over the ROM slot I'm currently on? So just make sure I have the Slot I'm on selected and go ahead and flash? For say a CM 10.1 ROM? would that brick my phone at all?

YeLcxY9.jpg

#4 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:21 PM

Yes sir. You have it correct. 

Nothing you are doing will brick your phone. I'd make a backup just in case something goes sideways but worst case we have a Utility that would solve 99.9% of your sideways issues

• The Persuader likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#5 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

Yes sir. You have it correct.

Nothing you are doing will brick your phone. I'd make a backup just in case something goes sideways but worst case we have a Utility that would solve 99.9% of your sideways issues

Thanks man I really appericate it. I had one last question. If my.phone ever got messed up or in a bootloop, could i just use RSD Lite and a 4.1.2 JB XML.zip sbf file and go into AP Fastboot and restore my phone that way? Just wondering...

• DroRzr likes this

YeLcxY9.jpg

#6 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

You got it. We also have a Utility that does that as well as root.  :)

Edit:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

• DroRzr likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#7 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Naha thanks again man appericate it

• Memnoch73 likes this

YeLcxY9.jpg

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:46 PM

No prob...

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:10 AM

So all I would have to do is download the new ROM and gapps, go into Safestrap Recover, Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, then flash the new ROM and gaps over the ROM slot I'm currently on? So just make sure I have the Slot I'm on selected and go ahead and flash? For say a CM 10.1 ROM? would that brick my phone at all?

If you are switching from one ROM to another on the same slot you have to do more than wiping cache and dalvik or you will end up with some crazy issues... if it boots at all... especially coming from "kit kat"... you will want to wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset and system... this should erase all of the previous system info on the slot...not your phone...also unless your using cm or another "source build" gapps are not necessary. To be honest its best to delete/recreate the slot you're using.

#10 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

If you are switching from one ROM to another on the same slot you have to do more than wiping cache and dalvik or you will end up with some crazy issues... if it boots at all... especially coming from "kit kat"... you will want to wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset and system... this should erase all of the previous system info on the slot...not your phone...also unless your using cm or another "source build" gapps are not necessary. To be honest its best to delete/recreate the slot you're using.

OK so I just switched ROMs and went from 4.4 kitkat to CM 10.1.2 and everything seems to be running all fine. But when a did the wipe, I wiped everything (data, cache, dalvik) EXCEPT system. Will that mess anything up whatsoever? If it will how can I fix it?

YeLcxY9.jpg

#11 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:17 AM

You really should have wiped system too.  However, if you aren't having any issues I suppose you can just use it the way it is.  That said, if you start having problems with it, the only way to "fix" it would be to do it all again (wipe everything and flash the rom again).  Since you don't have much work into it yet, I'd suggest you do it over.  It's up to you though.  

• jl90 likes this

#12 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:37 AM

You really should have wiped system too. However, if you aren't having any issues I suppose you can just use it the way it is. That said, if you start having problems with it, the only way to "fix" it would be to do it all again (wipe everything and flash the rom again). Since you don't have much work into it yet, I'd suggest you do it over. It's up to you though.

What does wiping the system do tho? Everything's running flawless and I love this ROM a lot more better so I'm deciding if I should go back and reflash everything

YeLcxY9.jpg

#13 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Current Device(s):XT912, Nexus7

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:18 AM

HI-

Unsure if this is the correct forum, but my x912 is a bit buggy on a Cm10.2 Spyder ROm

Big Wilson, which Rom are u using? U seem to prefer it to KItKat.

To others in this thread, which Rom are u currently using.  Hate to ditch my Razr!  Nephew just gave me old galaxy Nexus and it is now running KitKat on CWM.  Has a few bugs.  May revert to a more stable Rom on the Nexus if I can't find a better Rom for the Razr.

KitKat on Nexus is really draining batttery, so I think I want to go back to my faithful x912. 

Any help with Rom suggestions are appreciated.  The RAzr is a darned good phone, and it's sad that support is fading, expecially since Hashcode said goodbye and moved on to newer phones.   Ah!   Progress is great, but we lost a great developer!

PS: I still like safestrap over CWM!   LOL

#14 OldBaldy

OldBaldy

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:26 AM

Give Blurry 2.2 a try if you want a blur based Rom. That and Aviator are still getting updated. Cm 11 runs ok. The only major problem is the camera on the latest nightlies. This can be overcome by pulling the camera from the 12/22 nightly and installing it on the latest, or by using Camera Zoom FX from the playstore. Battery on the CM nightlies is quite good now, almost on a par with the blur roms. I use hotplug as my governor, and deadline as my scheduler on CM and Aviator. On blurry I use the default governor and deadline. Seems to give the best battery for me.

#15 BigCWIshon

BigCWIshon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:35 AM

HI-
Unsure if this is the correct forum, but my x912 is a bit buggy on a Cm10.2 Spyder ROm
Big Wilson, which Rom are u using? U seem to prefer it to KItKat.

To others in this thread, which Rom are u currently using. Hate to ditch my Razr! Nephew just gave me old galaxy Nexus and it is now running KitKat on CWM. Has a few bugs. May revert to a more stable Rom on the Nexus if I can't find a better Rom for the Razr.
KitKat on Nexus is really draining batttery, so I think I want to go back to my faithful x912.
Any help with Rom suggestions are appreciated. The RAzr is a darned good phone, and it's sad that support is fading, expecially since Hashcode said goodbye and moved on to newer phones. Ah! Progress is great, but we lost a great developer!
PS: I still like safestrap over CWM! LOL

The ROM I'm currently using is CM 11 Kitkat 4.4.1 Aviator and it runs FLAWLESSY. Even runs better and more stable than CM 10.1! This ROM is soooooo AMAZING and is constantly getting updates for fixs to every Iil bug they find. Its by far the best ROM I've ever put on my phone bud. So I'd go ahead and give it a try and come back and tell me how much u like it! There's like absoulty no bugs . maybe one or two lil ones that won't bother anyone. Lol and the developer is very activte and is always trying his hardest and the community to improve this ROM.

YeLcxY9.jpg

#16 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

BloodRage.
  • bfederspill likes this

#17 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

OldBaldy and Big C Wilson,

Thanks for the prompt replies!  I appreciate it and will take a look at each.  Can u pls let me know where to find the best place to d/l CM 11 Kitkat 4.4.1 Aviator?  I am most familiar with CM Roms, so will try this first.  Ive never tried a Blurry, but will do so if I runaway from Cm r=Rom again!   LOL

EDIT* Just got link for Aviatar and see that it must be in Slot1. Disregard above.

#18 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#19 DroRzr

DroRzr

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:06 AM

Many Thanks, M!

Pls....need a bit more help.  What is the BIG difference between Aviator and Blurry?   All I really need is the most stable of the two. So, pls let me know which of these is creating less problems on your xt912.  I am about to delete Slot 1 for one of these choices.  LOL

#20 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • LocationRochester, NY

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:10 AM

Many Thanks, M!

Pls....need a bit more help.  What is the BIG difference between Aviator and Blurry?   All I really need is the most stable of the two. So, pls let me know which of these is creating less problems on your xt912.  I am about to delete Slot 1 for one of these choices.  LOL

Blurry is always going to be more stable as it is based on the stock Moto Blur rom. If you are looking for "Everything works" stable rom then Blurry is the best choice of the 2. Although I believe Aviator make a 4.1.2 Blur version too but you asked about the 4.4. KK version. 

• johnthehillbilly likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users