Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

#4 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:40 AM

Got it thanks. Tried to add the droid Razr sound but didn't work. Of well something different.

Sent from my ROOTED SAFE STRAPPED RAZRX RAZR ROCKIN XOOMZOOM

#5 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:25 PM

I just realized I did alot more work than i had to; all that was necessary was to scale the original images to 540x540 in the desc.txt. so the links now point to the original bootanimation with only the desc.txt modified, and the gif image is now a preview of the full-sized images. you'll want to use the new animation as it's about half the size and also higher resolution; and no, don't flash in recovery, just copy/paste to /data/local and it will override the original one; this way you don't have to rename or delete the original.

#6 RazrSharpJoel

RazrSharpJoel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPlano, TX

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

I just realized I did alot more work than i had to; all that was necessary was to scale the original images to 540x540 in the desc.txt. so the links now point to the original bootanimation with only the desc.txt modified, and the gif image is now a preview of the full-sized images. you'll want to use the new animation as it's about half the size and also higher resolution; and no, don't flash in recovery, just copy/paste to /data/local and it will override the original one; this way you don't have to rename or delete the original.

anyway to add audio?

#7 mhous33

mhous33

Droid Master

• Developer
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

anyway to add audio?

the audio file specified in the desc.txt is "droidtablets.ogg" but it doesn't exist in the system dump. the default sound for the razr is "droidhd.ogg" located in /system/media, so you should be able to point to it (or any other .ogg file you place in /system/media) by changing it in the desc.txt.

#8 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:23 PM

the audio file specified in the desc.txt is "droidtablets.ogg" but it doesn't exist in the system dump. the default sound for the razr is "droidhd.ogg" located in /system/media, so you should be able to point to it (or any other .ogg file you place in /system/media) by changing it in the desc.txt.

Not to bring a old thread back to life but I just noticed this today in regards to the boot sound that is in the DESC file for the xyboard. I have a wifi xyboard and it has the same bootanimation that P3 just posted not too long ago. I wanted to change it to the Droid Xyboard which I was able to but I also wanted sound to go with it. I have searched high and low around the internet for the sound file that is in the DESC file and have come up with nothing. Makes me wonder if the Droid Xyboard itself from verizon even has a boot sound,

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

#9 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

Not to bring a old thread back to life but I just noticed this today in regards to the boot sound that is in the DESC file for the xyboard. I have a wifi xyboard and it has the same bootanimation that P3 just posted not too long ago. I wanted to change it to the Droid Xyboard which I was able to but I also wanted sound to go with it. I have searched high and low around the internet for the sound file that is in the DESC file and have come up with nothing. Makes me wonder if the Droid Xyboard itself from verizon even has a boot sound,

No it does not spanky

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 Thach

Thach

Motorola Fanboy

• Administrator
  • 2,364 posts
  • Twitter:thach2639
  • Google+:Thach26
  • LocationGrand Forks ND
  • Current Device(s):OG Droid, Droid X, Droid X2, Droid Razr, Droid Bionic, Droid Xyboard 8.2, Nexus 7

Posted 23 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

No it does not spanky

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Well I wonder why they wasted their time putting that line in the DESC file. I may have to put my helmet on to think abut this one. Lol

Sent from my Motorola Xyboard WiFi (XOOM 2 ME)

Thach%20Admin%20device%20list.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users