4 replies to this topic

#1 nirvanabomb

nirvanabomb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hey guys, long time lurker here, and since the XT907 has been out for awhile, I modded it when the first DeadRage came out (old, out of date!) and now I'm looking to update this phone with a more reliable mod! The first time I installed this, no big deal, did a full wipe of everything, mounted, installed, etc... Now, I have DeadRage on here, and want your help updating!

I need help with:

1. Backing up my contacts, pictures, and videos.
  2. Formatting the old ROM installation
  3. Picking and installing a new ROM!

I just need help with these 3 things. As far as what I do on my phone.. I just play occasional games, listen to music over Google Play, text and make calls of course. Nothing too elaborate but would like to not have to deal with all the bugs of an old ROM! If you guys could help me (specifically with step 1, then making sure all of them get on the new installation) it would be a huge help! Message me if you feel like helping an Android noob :3

#2 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Backing up is relatively easy.... Your media(pics,music,videos,etc) is stored on internal storage by default, so you can simply copy to a folder on your computer.... Contacts should be backed up to Google as is... But if not you can co into your contacts (people app) and hit menu settings export.... And export your contacts to your micro sdcard .... (You can import them again later)..... But, before we go into any other "stuff".... What system version (not 4.1.2) look in your about phone for a number that looks similar to 9.20.1 .............. Unlocked or locked, regular recovery or safestrap? :):)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#3 nirvanabomb

nirvanabomb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

What folder are the pics and videos in? I can't find it. And I found the Google backup! I don't have a MicroSD card at my disposal at the moment :( I'm unlocked, and on an outdated version of TWRP! I need help updating this as well... The System Version is 98.15.ST907.DST.en.US

Build number is DEADRAGE v1.2a (very old lol)

So I guess what I want help with past this is where are my pics and videos, and what ROM should I upgrade to? Also, how to update TWRP??? 

As far as what I need out of a custom ROM... Reliable battery life and performance are mainly what I need. A little bit of extra flash is always nice too.

I am in the Chat Room if that is a speedier way to reply to me ^^

#4 johnthehillbilly

johnthehillbilly

Gear jammin' S-Mod

• Smod
  • 6,470 posts
  • Twitter:@johnhillbilly
  • Google+:http://goo.gl/ColUJ .. johnthehillbilly@gmail.com
  • LocationSomewhere between here, and there...
  • Current Device(s):unlocked RAZR HD (xt926)... RAZR (xt912)

Posted 29 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

Pm sent....:)

Feeding my android addiction......... one phone at a time.....

jhf.png

If you are feeling generous and would like to buy me a drink.... coffee :)

#5 nirvanabomb

nirvanabomb

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

Cool beans!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users