#1 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread but i can't seem to find a good comparison between the two from the Bootstrap side. So here it goes...

Why do people keep asking for Bootstrap ROMs over Safestrap. From what I have read Safestrap just has more functionality over Bootstrap. Every forum I have come across has a lot of replies explaining the benefits of Safestrap but almost nothing in regards to Boostrap. Am I missing something or do some people just not want to use Safestrap? Again apologies if this is a duplicate thread but Bootstrap is hard to find support for.

#2 The_Chupacabra

The_Chupacabra

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationLawton OK

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

Im just a noob to all of this but here is my view point on it.

When I first started messing my my Maxx, everyone said that bootstrap was the easier way to go because it was. You just download the app and hit a button for a recovery, but I never knew how to use it and make the back up come back up.

So last week, I wanted to try out a ROM and for this it is much safer using Safestrap because there is always something to go back on, and if you follow the instructions and read up on everything about it, it is a no brainer using safestrap instead of bootstrap.

I think the reason that when that question is asked and you get answers just about safestrap is because there isnt much to explain about bootstrap, it is really upfront and just like any other app in user terms.

#3 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:20 AM

I started with Boostrap and now use Safestrap. Quite honestly I can't see a difference besides safe mode.

Perhaps the concept of doing an extra step on Safestrap is overwhelming to some people.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#4 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Bootstrap is not recommended because you can brick. You cannot get into recovery from off, safe strap is better for ROMs and everything I find. Bootstrap is better if you just want a single mod on a stock ROM. Like a battery mod or keyboard. I recommend safe strap because if you boot loop, you can get into recovery and recover your system. Bootstrap boot loops, well, you better have some fast boot files ready to go. You can always get into stock moto recovery and do a data wood. Sometimes it will fix an issue with bootstrap but not always. Hope that helps!
a what? an android? whats that?

#5 Aliceics

Aliceics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

Bootstrap is not recommended because you can brick. You cannot get into recovery from off, safe strap is better for ROMs and everything I find. Bootstrap is better if you just want a single mod on a stock ROM. Like a battery mod or keyboard. I recommend safe strap because if you boot loop, you can get into recovery and recover your system. Bootstrap boot loops, well, you better have some fast boot files ready to go. You can always get into stock moto recovery and do a data wood. Sometimes it will fix an issue with bootstrap but not always. Hope that helps!

Actually I think he wants to know why people want to use Boostrap for ROMS instead of Safestrap.

#6 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:42 AM

All answers I expected :D still waiting to here from one of those dire hard bootstrap people though... I see requests for it all over the place and I'm starting to think its just pepper who don't want to switch, no actual reason?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

#7 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Im just a noob to all of this but here is my view point on it.

When I first started messing my my Maxx, everyone said that bootstrap was the easier way to go because it was. You just download the app and hit a button for a recovery, but I never knew how to use it and make the back up come back up.

So last week, I wanted to try out a ROM and for this it is much safer using Safestrap because there is always something to go back on, and if you follow the instructions and read up on everything about it, it is a no brainer using safestrap instead of bootstrap.

I think the reason that when that question is asked and you get answers just about safestrap is because there isnt much to explain about bootstrap, it is really upfront and just like any other app in user terms.

From the way it sounds bootstrap is CWM without some functionality due to boot loader. I know how that works and I have several devices with CWM. What I am basically asking is what can bootstrap do that safestrap can't I guess?

#8 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:03 AM

Actually I think he wants to know why people want to use Boostrap for ROMS instead of Safestrap.

This^^^^^

#9 Aliceics

Aliceics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

From the way it sounds bootstrap is CWM without some functionality due to boot loader. I know how that works and I have several devices with    CWM. What I am basically asking is what can bootstrap do that safestrap can't I guess?

Absolutely nothing. Safe strap does the same as Bootstrap and more.

#10 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

All answers I expected still waiting to here from one of those dire hard bootstrap people though... I see requests for it all over the place and I'm starting to think its just pepper who don't want to switch, no actual reason?

There really is no right or wrong reason, its more of a preference.

Now I always preferred bootstrap, although right now I am just stock with no root. When I had a phone that was rooted I used bootstrap cause I dont do alot of flashing and tend to stick with one rom or stock with a theme. So safestrap for me was just a waist of space on my phone when I did use it. There is fastboot files for 211 which is a safety net. Safestrap is good if your a crackflasher and always want to try out the latest or if you do a lot of testing. I am currently working on a theme and its for bootstrap on stock 211.

Its your choice, like I said there is no right or wrong as long as it works, lol. Just be sure you evaluate both options and choose which one fits your needs :) Although not much support for bootstrap right now, lol.

#11 joeyx2

joeyx2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

like the last guy said some people just dont want to waste extra space. safestrap i beleave holds two systems one being safe side one being non-safe(play side).

edit: some people like to use bootstrap to get there favorit rom installed. then uninstall bootstrap and install safestrap to get that rom on the safe side. then use the non safe side to install and try out other roms and stuff because you cant install anything on the safe side.

#12 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Safestrap is safe, you cannot brick. Bootstrap is dangerous because you can brick. Bootstrap is for lazy people who just wipe and flash. Safestrap needs an extra step to flash.

#13 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

Safestrap is safe, you cannot brick. Bootstrap is dangerous because you can brick. Bootstrap is for lazy people who just wipe and flash. Safestrap needs an extra step to flash.

Oh so I'm lazy now, uh? :/

#14 Aliceics

Aliceics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Oh so I'm lazy now, uh? :/

Well then why do you use Bootstrap? Its more dangerous :P.

Safestrap saved me one night. An AOKP ROM I was running decided to fail on me when I really needed to use my phone to call for a ride after a concert. I went back to my stock side and I was able to make the call :)

#15 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Bootstrap is for people with an unlocked Bootloader who just need to wipe and flash.

Fixed it for Ya.. :P

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#16 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well then why do you use Bootstrap? Its more dangerous .

Safestrap saved me one night. An AOKP ROM I was running decided to fail on me when I really needed to use my phone to call for a ride after a concert. I went back to my stock side and I was able to make the call

Its preference. I have used bootstrap since I owned a droidX and I had very few times I soft bricked but I have always recovered very easily.

The OP asked asked some opinions on bootstrap and I gave mine. But its not right to have another member come in and call people that use bootstrap lazy!! I soent hours upon days making themes and I dont consider myself as "lazy". Im dine with is thread!!!

#17 Aliceics

Aliceics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

Its preference. I have used bootstrap since I owned a droidX and I had very few times I soft bricked but I have always recovered very easily.

The OP asked asked some opinions on bootstrap and I gave mine. But its not right to have another member come in and call people that use bootstrap lazy!! I soent hours upon days making themes and I dont consider myself as "lazy". Im dine with is thread!!!

I agree just cause you use Bootstrap doesn't make you lazy. It doesn't make you anything. It just means you use Bootstrap.

#18 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Whoah bro! I didn't mean to offend anyone in that comment! You make so,e great stuff man! Didn't mean to offend sorry.... :-(

#19 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Whoah bro! I didn't mean to offend anyone in that comment! You make so,e great stuff man! Didn't mean to offend sorry.... :-(

It's cool. I took it kinda serious and should of took it with a grain of salt. Hard to tell if someone means no harm without a smiley :) , JK or a lol. ;)

#20 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

It's cool. I took it kinda serious and should of took it with a grain of salt. Hard to tell if someone means no harm without a smiley :) , JK or a lol. ;)

Alright, that's better. I just didn't want this to sound like my texts... "what, no.... lol ... hahahahaha..... Jkjk.... lamp... dafuq....... :-) ;-) :o :-D " haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users