• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Current Device(s):Motorola Razr M (XT907)

Posted 03 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

this is my last post here.  had my phone stolen out of my bag (which was in an unlocked locker at my gym).  they also took the cash out of my wallet, but left my wallet with credit cards and my car keys (thankfully).  thus, I had to get a new device and bought a Moto X.

just wanted to wish everyone well, a big thanks to the devs for making owning this phone fun.

Device: Motorola Droid Razr M (XT907)

ROM: OSE KitKat 4.4.2

#2 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:02 AM

Sorry to hear that...people can just be f'd up! Best of luck man. :)

#3 LDubs

LDubs

Pawn In Game of Life

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • Twitter:lew_bklyn
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6P, Nexus 5, Nvidia Shield 32gb LTE, Moto X 2013 (thanks S3inks!)

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:37 AM

Hey you know we have a Moto X section here...

The price of liberty, and even of common humanity, is eternal vigilance. -- Aldous Huxley

Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.  ---Mark Twain

Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand. --Bob Proctor

#4 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:46 AM

That sucks.  Have you tried to track it?  Either way, you have a nicer new phone.  Like Dubs said, you should still stick around here.  Your input is always good. 

R. Long: Pixel 5

#5 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

That sucks.  Have you tried to track it?  Either way, you have a nicer new phone.  Like Dubs said, you should still stick around here.  Your input is always good. 

yea, I saw that.  just my last post in the XT907 section.

I tried to track it, and Android Device Manager showed me a location relatively close to where I was (at a gym) - I then tried to call it to see if it was still in the building, but the thief turned it off during the call, and it has yet to show up since.  I've already notified Motorola (like they'll ever do anything), Verizon, filled out a police report, etc.  The ESN has been flagged on a few websites, and even contacted Swappa.  I continue to check craigslists and e-bay.  I doubt I'll ever see it again, but who knows.... wondering if I should contact other cell carriers to see if they'll honor the flagged ESN, as I think you can flash the phone to other carriers.

#6 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:12 AM

Yeah, you definitely pulled out all the stops to try to find it.  If you get it to pop up again, see if you can wipe it. 

#7 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Yeah, you definitely pulled out all the stops to try to find it.  If you get it to pop up again, see if you can wipe it. 

I might have - I sent the lock/erase notification via ADM.  but I think they can port to any carrier, right?  would it be worth it to contact other carriers (mine is VZW) to notify them?

#8 romma1

romma1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:33 AM

Take care!!

#9 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I might have - I sent the lock/erase notification via ADM.  but I think they can port to any carrier, right?  would it be worth it to contact other carriers (mine is VZW) to notify them?

Yeah, they can flash to other carriers, but if they're a pick-pocket just grabbing your money and phone (most likely to sell), they probably will have no clue how to do it.

#10 jco23

jco23

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

guess who's back, yo!?!?!?!

got my phone back - can't go into details just yet, but curious to see if anyone knows of a way to recover the prior ROM since the SDCard has been removed.  I had it back up via TWRP, but that backup was on my sdcard, and they still have the sdcard (probably wiped I presume).

any insight would be greatly appreciated...

• neckchop likes this

#11 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

guess who's back, yo!?!?!?!

got my phone back - can't go into details just yet, but curious to see if anyone knows of a way to recover the prior ROM since the SDCard has been removed.  I had it back up via TWRP, but that backup was on my sdcard, and they still have the sdcard (probably wiped I presume).

any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Lol... unless you know magic.. If you do can you make a million bucks appear in my hand when you make you backed up rom from your sd card in another state appear on your phone??  :p

Edit: I'm totally kidding man... Glad you got your phone back

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#12 livinginkaos

livinginkaos

I don't know what I'm doing anymore.....

• Administrator
  • 15,282 posts
  • Google+:Hangouts - livinginkaos@gmail.com
  • LocationOregon
  • Current Device(s):Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Lol... unless you know magic.. If you do can you make a million bucks appear in my hand when you make you backed up rom from your sd card in another state appear on your phone??  :p

Edit: I'm totally kidding man... Glad you got your phone back

You know, if it was one of those sd cards that produced a wifi signal - if you were close enough you could snag it.....

b2wvCBn.png

Sig by livinginkaos
Samsung S8+ / Pixel XL 128gb / iPhone 7+ 256gb / iPad Pro 12.9" / Samsung Chromrbook Plus / Pixel C / Nexus 6p 128gb / Nexus 6 / Nexus 6 on Fi / Nexus 9 / Moto 360^2 / Nvidia Shield TV Pro / Nvidia Shield Tablet / HTC EVODesign on FreedomPop / Chromecast / Surface Pro 3 i7 / Samsung Tab Pro 12.2 / Lenovo Win8 Tab / Eee Slate / '13 Nexus 7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users