#1 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

I haven't done any flashing for a few months, looks like quite a bit has changed...  I've looked but can't seem to find the right info on what I need to do to flash a newer rom.  My phone is unlocked, but i'm guessing I need to do more than just flash the new rom.  I've flashed the newer twrp, but get a failed error when I flash a 4.4 rom.  Are there other steps i need to do or flash before i can get to 4.4 roms?

Thanks.

#2 RikRong

RikRong

Cap'n Slow

• Superuser
  • 2,117 posts
  • LocationNoDak
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 7

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:14 PM

Of course, make sure you have the most-up-to-date TWRP, 2.6.3.0 I believe.  Also, when you change Android versions, it's best to completely wipe data.  After you factory data reset, go in and mount system.  Then go back into the advanced wipe options and wipe cache/dalvik/system/data.  As a personal preference, I also format data when I change Android versions.  Also, make sure you are flashing GAPPs at the same time.  Install ROM, GAPPs, and then any other tweak you might like.

R. Long: Pixel 5

#3 roaoro

roaoro

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr M

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for the reply  I did try all of that quite a few times.  I even tried two different roms (ose and liquid smooth, newest versions), and had same "failed" result.  I guess it's possible I have 2 bad downloads.  

#4 Playb3yond

Playb3yond

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Is your bootloader unlocked? Roms that require a different kernel wont work on M's with a locked bootloader

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users