Oxus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

Hi
Xt912 keeps rebooting.
I know, on the web are many complains like this about this phone.
But, I managed to root my xt 912 and install safestrap latest version on it.
I installed some roms and:
- no rom on 4.1.2 works ( Xt912 keeps rebooting )
- ALL roms over android 4.2 ( or 4.3 or 4.4 ) whit our without kernel update WORKS . Works with some problems, but works ( batery drain, blitz don't work, screen don't rotate).
Do you have some advice?

I have made some steps:
- Factory reset
- Reinstalled stock rom with razr tool.

Nothing work.

#2 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 64GB, RAZR HD Maxx

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

Did you install these ROMs on the stock side? If so that may explain the issues you've described. Create a romslot and install on that. If you did create a slot make sure you have the proper device version of ss. More info would be helpful.

#3 Oxus

Oxus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

Thank you for replay.
Now, I have a stock rom on stock slot and a custom slots with a custom rom ( avatar on 4.2.2)
Stock rom don't work.
If I activate rom slot 1 with avatar rom it's working.

I have safestrap 3.65, stock 4.1.2. on stock slot and avatar rom 4.2.2 on custom romslot 1.

My phone is xt912.

It's odd why custom rom over 4.2.2 work and stock rom and other rom on 4.1.2 don't work.
On same phone.

#4 robocuff

robocuff

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:30 AM

Thank you for replay.
Now, I have a stock rom on stock slot and a custom slots with a custom rom ( avatar on 4.2.2)
Stock rom don't work.
If I activate rom slot 1 with avatar rom it's working.

I have safestrap 3.65, stock 4.1.2. on stock slot and avatar rom 4.2.2 on custom romslot 1.

My phone is xt912.

It's odd why custom rom over 4.2.2 work and stock rom and other rom on 4.1.2 don't work.
On same phone.

It may be that 4.1.2 roms you're trying to install haven't been patched to work with Safestrap 3.65.  I believe there's quite a few of them that haven't been.  Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. :)

#5 Oxus

Oxus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

Some new info:
- before root and ss, on stock rom phone reboots itself in the same way
- stock rom is untouched

#6 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

Some new info:
- before root and ss, on stock rom phone reboots itself in the same way
- stock rom is untouched

Knowing that you may have a hardware issue...it won't matter what custom ROM you use if that is the situation. :(

#7 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

Knowing that...you may have a hardware issue...it won't matter what custom ROM you use if that is the situation. :(

Lol! Dammit.

#8 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

It may be that 4.1.2 roms you're trying to install haven't been patched to work with Safestrap 3.65. I believe there's quite a few of them that haven't been. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Bloodrage works with ss 3.65...I'm on 3.65 and it booted fine...no issues :D

#9 Oxus

Oxus

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

I know about hardware issue.
But why 4.2.2 roms work and 4.1.2 roms not?

Sure, i have some issues with 4.2+ roms ( battery drain, rotate issue, blitz ) but they works.

#10 faminsk

faminsk

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:02 PM

I was in the middle of putting Blurry on my phone and Verizon released an Android update.  When you try to put the update on a Blurry flashed phone it puts it into that reboot loop.   The update works on stock, but it took my root access away.  Going to try to get root back and reflash, not doing the update.  Read some other threads about stopping the update notification. 

#11 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO
  • Current Device(s):Droid RAZR MAXX

Posted 17 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

I was in the middle of putting Blurry on my phone and Verizon released an Android update. When you try to put the update on a Blurry flashed phone it puts it into that reboot loop. The update works on stock, but it took my root access away. Going to try to get root back and reflash, not doing the update. Read some other threads about stopping the update notification.

I'm looking to be proactive in avoiding the latest Android update. I don't want to go anywhere near losing root. If anyone can directly advise me on this or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

#12 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

I'm looking to be proactive in avoiding the latest Android update. I don't want to go anywhere near losing root. If anyone can directly advise me on this or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

You can freeze the updater in tibu. Or you can use voodoo to save root and restore after updating or some have had luck re-rooting after the update. Or if all else fails you can downgrade to root again.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#13 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

You can freeze the updater in tibu. Or you can use voodoo to save root and restore after updating or some have had luck re-rooting after the update. Or if all else fails you can downgrade to root again.

Thanks. Couple of questions.
1. Will this update be automated or is it something that I would have to initiate or accept?
2. I would be interested in freezing updater in tibu. I'm assuming I do that on the stock side of ss. Is the app I'm freezing a system app simply called updater?
3. As a safeguard, I might also be interested in backing up root with voodoo. I've only read a little on this though. Is it fairly easy to accomplish?

Thanks again

#14 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

1. OTA will download but you will have to tell it to install

2. I think it's called updater or blur updater. You can probably do it in your rom

3. Simple.. check back up root.... install update... check restore root.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#15 jl90

jl90

\m/

• Developer
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Az.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:48 PM

Thanks. Couple of questions.
1. Will this update be automated or is it something that I would have to initiate or accept?
2. I would be interested in freezing updater in tibu. I'm assuming I do that on the stock side of ss. Is the app I'm freezing a system app simply called updater?
3. As a safeguard, I might also be interested in backing up root with voodoo. I've only read a little on this though. Is it fairly easy to accomplish?

Thanks again

I posted the instructions to disable the ota updater with tibu in the bloodrage thread(on this site)...its easy peasy. :D

#16 dwh2o13

dwh2o13

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

I posted the instructions to disable the ota updater with tibu in the bloodrage thread(on this site)...its easy peasy. :D

Thanks j90. I'll check it out. Still running bloodrage BTW.. love it.. Great work man!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users