#1 AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Greetings,

Currently my phone is running Android 4.0.4 on the Gummy-SPYDER ROM with the 2.6.35.7 kernel. I rooted and installed this ROM a couple of months ago prior to going on deployment, but now I'm back on dry land and I'm eager to get my phone up to the latest versions.

So, I'm a little unsure on how to update my kernel version since it seems a lot of the newer ROMs are requiring at least .215 build. From the reading I did it sounds like I'm going to at a minimum need Safestrap 2.0 (currently running 1.0.x) however I'm also unsure about how to update that as well. Can any of you fine gents point me in the right direction here? Cheers!

#2 troc240

troc240

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

Your on a gingerbread kernel. First step is to flash back to stock and then go forward with the official ICS OTA. Make sure you install Voodoo OTA root keeper from the market so you can retain root. From there you can install safe strap version 2.0, and flash away. Be sure to follow the directions from our Dev team for each new ROM you try. Hope this helps. Plenty of support here if you have further questions. Thank you for your service to this great nation.

#3 Alex.Abraham

Alex.Abraham

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 477 posts
  • Twitter:aabraham123456
  • Google+:aabraham123456@gmail.com
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:18 PM

Honestly i think easiest way is to download Droid RAZR Utility 1.81 and then fastboot to stock ICS. You need to fastboot to GB anyways for OTA so it saves you a whole lot of time to go straight to ICS :)
Posted Image

#4 AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Your on a gingerbread kernel. First step is to flash back to stock and then go forward with the official ICS OTA. Make sure you install Voodoo OTA root keeper from the market so you can retain root. From there you can install safe strap version 2.0, and flash away. Be sure to follow the directions from our Dev team for each new ROM you try. Hope this helps. Plenty of support here if you have further questions. Thank you for your service to this great nation.

Alright, pretty sure I can manage, only question I have is about flashing back to stock. I think I have to use RSD Lite, but it's been awhile since I've messed with it. Can someone outline what I need to do so I have a better understanding? Thanks :)

#5 AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:20 PM

Honestly i think easiest way is to download Droid RAZR Utility 1.81 and then fastboot to stock ICS. You need to fastboot to GB anyways for OTA so it saves you a whole lot of time to go straight to ICS :)

I was just looking at that tool, but will it work in my situation?

*EDIT*

Sorry for double post, was expecting it to get appended :P

#6 troc240

troc240

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:37 PM

It should....it contains all the files you need for ICS. You can use it to flash official .211, and root as well. If I'm not mistaken you can also install safe strap from there.

#7 AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Well Safestrap is already installed. Will installing it again after flashing .211 basically upgrade it to 2.0 or am I going run into issues with the previous installed version conflicting?

#8 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:41 PM

When you fastboot it will reset your system and delete safestrap. Need to reinstall after fastbooting to ICS

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#9 AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Well, seems I'm in an infinite boot cycle after trying that application. I see the normal boot screen and then the phone screen goes black. I know it's still on because with USB plugged in I can still see the phone. Doing a hard reset just makes it reboot and go through the same process. Any help?

I can still get to the boot screen though, where I originally selected fastboot. Should I just try the process again?

#10 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

You see the phone on your computer, you mean? As a drive? In fastboot mode that shouldn't be the case. You need to have USB Debugging enabled and then boot it into Fastboot mode for the 211 ICS stock to load. Can you get back to the phone's original home screen at all, or are you bootlooping?
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#11 stealthmouse

stealthmouse

Utility Pro

• Superuser
  • 244 posts
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/u/0/104359749772570760296
  • LocationSolana Beach, CA (i.e., San Diego)

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

If you are bootlooped but can get the Fastboot screen, you should push volume up and down at same time to go into stock recovery, then choose erase all data and factory reset, then after it resets, go back into fastboot (you can shortcut to it by pushing volume down and power buttons at same time, wait 8-10 seconds, screen will go blank, then flash. At the flash, release only the power button, then the volume button. You should be in fastboot, or at least on that screen. Then try to use the utility again.
If you PM me here, I'll get it eventually, but I'm constantly on the move. If you need to reach me more quickly, email me at stealthmouse@gmail.com and add DroidRZR PERSONAL MESSAGE to subject line. Thanks!

#12 AliasXNeo

AliasXNeo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

If you are bootlooped but can get the Fastboot screen, you should push volume up and down at same time to go into stock recovery, then choose erase all data and factory reset, then after it resets, go back into fastboot (you can shortcut to it by pushing volume down and power buttons at same time, wait 8-10 seconds, screen will go blank, then flash. At the flash, release only the power button, then the volume button. You should be in fastboot, or at least on that screen. Then try to use the utility again.

Yes, I'm bootlooped. Apparently I was supposed to use version 1.7, not 1.8. Currently attempting to flash GB back with 1.6 *Crosses fingers*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users