• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

I know that the verizon razr / razr maxx is GSM compatible. is there a way to unlock it to use on domestic GSM? I want to move away from VZW and their tyranny and high prices, and I am looking at ATT, Tmobile, and even straight talk. Straight talk would be best as you can bring your own phone and for 45/month you get unlimited (I know it isn't LTE but it also isnt stupid expensive). Is this even possible?

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

I don't believe so, you would need a Gsm RAZR for those.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

Wonder why it works on foreign GSM...

#4 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

This has been asked several times already. The cdma razr has a gsm radio for the purposes of global roaming. It is firmware locked out of using us based Sims.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#5 ncwildcat

ncwildcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

This has been asked several times already. The cdma razr has a gsm radio for the purposes of global roaming. It is firmware locked out of using us based Sims.

Thanks for the answer, and also for the condescending comment.....I have searched for several days and seen conflicting info on this subject.

#6 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the answer, and also for the condescending comment.....I have searched for several days and seen conflicting info on this subject.

One of the problems here is you cannot search for a 3 letter word. I just did a search on gsm and it showed no results on this forum. That does make it harder to search. Didn't try "gsm in us) but figured it would not work either since all words are less than 3 letters each.

#7 FutureBear

FutureBear

Flying Spaghetti Savior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

While I know that it is annoying for people to keep asking the same things, the search function on this sight is horrible. It does not make things easy. Specially for words like gsm and such. I don't think he was being condescending at the same time. Remember you have no idea the infliction of voice he is using due to typing. He could just be exasperated or really tired. Hell, he might have said it in a Daria voice, monotone!

#8 arcanexvi

arcanexvi

Property of Roo

• Superuser
  • 869 posts
  • LocationSchaumburg, IL

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

It wasn't meant to be condescending but there is another thread in this section of the forum on the first page asking the same thing just with the maxx in the header. It's more frustrating than anything. I'm sorry if you took it as an insult as it wasn't meant to be.

Posted Image

Become a supporting member and help, get a DEV a phone, by going HERE

Please take the time to read our forum rules and guidelines.

#9 capt8210

capt8210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCentreville,Mi

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

There is a website that will flash Verizon phones to work on other carriers .google flashing Verizon phones to straight talk or something I can't remember the site .a friend done it his and it works.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#10 capt8210

capt8210

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationCentreville,Mi

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#11 chrisf8657

chrisf8657

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hell i'd pay $100 if someone could get it to work on USA GSM networks

#12 phatdaddyz01

phatdaddyz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:27 PM

P3droid has posted that he & some others have got the razr to work on T-Mobile & AT&T.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#13 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

It wasn't meant to be condescending but there is another thread in this section of the forum on the first page asking the same thing just with the maxx in the header. It's more frustrating than anything. I'm sorry if you took it as an insult as it wasn't meant to be.

The biggest problem, arcane is the forum won't allow searches with words shorter than 4 letters. So searching "gsm in the USA" returns 0 results. So does 4.1, ICS, 4.0.4, JB, .211, .214, .215. If your search contains anything like that, the search gets rejected. I complained about this in the forum help section a while ago but the best they could do was go from 2 letters to 3. It's a real pain with all the acronyms in android.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#14 yogiram

yogiram

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

Hi... There are sites to provide unlocking codes for GSM, one of those sites named mobileunlockguide.com has the instructions which will be useful to us to know the step by step procedure on unlocking. There are instructions for the wide range of phones with updated set of carrier network. The instruction service there, is absolutely free. ...Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users