~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

my favorite rom!
Is there a way to update the Apex launcher?
They have a new beta out that has a bunch of new cool features (installed on my tablet to see).
seems apex is a system file in dualcore and can't update. I tried using TiBU to uninstall, and that was a mistake. hosed my system. had to nandroid back (fortunately).

can the apex launcher be updated?

In apex settings... about apex. check for updates and set it to look for betas

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#142 chumboy

chumboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

In apex settings... about apex. check for updates and set it to look for betas

Yes, I did that. It tries to install, but then says installation failed.
When i click on the downloaded beta file, it tells me "This is a system application. Do you still want to replace it?", i say yes, click install and it tells me "App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signaturee is already installed."

the new beta will automatically resize and move widgets on your screen without you needing to resize them. several more good ones too.

any thoughts?

#143 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:25 PM

Yes, I did that. It tries to install, but then says installation failed.
When i click on the downloaded beta file, it tells me "This is a system application. Do you still want to replace it?", i say yes, click install and it tells me "App not installed. An existing package by the same name with a conflicting signaturee is already installed."

the new beta will automatically resize and move widgets on your screen without you needing to resize them. several more good ones too.

any thoughts?

Looks like this is installed in your system apps instead of downloaded data apps. Which is causing your issue. I'm not sure if you can move it or not without causing trouble. You would need a different launcher installed and then to move the app with a file explorer to data/apps then restart and try again. You may have to uninstall it too. Seems like a lot of work for a beta.

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#144 DSGMach2

DSGMach2

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

LimeTime theme almost done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#145 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 26 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

LimeTime theme is posted

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#146 iam8up

iam8up

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

I did the steps and have the new ROM. My first ROM flash. Lots of good things I like about it (primarily it is faster than the VZ ICS and as fast if not faster than Gingerbread).

I have an issue with the Gallery, however. Whenever I hit details from the context menu it crashes the Gallery application. Every time on about a dozen different pictures. Any suggestions?

#147 droidrazrkid

droidrazrkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:28 AM

Did everyones data work on flashing?

#148 iam8up

iam8up

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

Did everyones data work on flashing?

After flashing it went through the new phone wizard and registered. Data has worked since then.

#149 crbdenver

crbdenver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Twitter:ChuckBanning

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

I'm running the Google now patch on my phone... I am on the 215 leak and running this rom... works beautifully

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

But it's not included, right? Did you get it from XDA?

#150 mrlamotte87

mrlamotte87

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Twitter:mrlamotte87
  • Google+:mrlamotte87@gmail.com

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

My data is not working....any ideas why??

#151 droidrazrkid

droidrazrkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

all i did was flash and my data was automatically working

#152 wulf

wulf

Themer

• Superuser
  • 929 posts
  • Twitter:@Wulf_X1
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

My data is not working....any ideas why??

Did you do all the wipes and flash gapps?

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

#153 tccummings

tccummings

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:10 AM

I absolutely love this ROM so far, but I've run into one snag. I have a bluetooth speaker that I use a lot and when I connect to it, it says "Connected (no media)." Under the bluetooth options for that speaker, I have Phone Audio and Media Audio checked so it should play media through it. Just to make sure, I used several different media players, but I think the problem lies in the BT connection itself since it says (no media). Anyone else have trouble with this? Is there something I could be overlooking? I have rebooted the phone and disconnected and reconnected multiple times with no luck. I am running ICS and I have the google apps installed and updates up to 1.2.7 installed and the redheat theme installed.

Thanks!

Tim

#154 chumboy

chumboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

I absolutely love this ROM so far, but I've run into one snag. I have a bluetooth speaker that I use a lot and when I connect to it, it says "Connected (no media)." Under the bluetooth options for that speaker, I have Phone Audio and Media Audio checked so it should play media through it. Just to make sure, I used several different media players, but I think the problem lies in the BT connection itself since it says (no media). Anyone else have trouble with this? Is there something I could be overlooking? I have rebooted the phone and disconnected and reconnected multiple times with no luck. I am running ICS and I have the google apps installed and updates up to 1.2.7 installed and the redheat theme installed.

Thanks!

Tim

Have you tried playing audio through the phone speakers and then connecting to your BT device while the audio is playing?
worked for me once on another rom.
also try a2dp app from play store...might make the right connection.

#155 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:40 AM

Man, I keep coming back to this ROM because it seems to be the most efficient with battery life, smoothness, etc. Plus I prefer the blur mms and sms. But, you would think that If someone took the time create such a great ROM, they would have time here and there to answer questions about it.

Hey man..you gotta remember my girlfriend was pregant at the time I created this rom. I've been pretty busy with the newborn baby, job and stuff. I'll do two things for you:

First, im gonna run dualcore through my new android kitchen and give it init.d support for ya.

Second..ill give everyone here a teaser... Im working on something new....

Spoiler

Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:
https://www.paypal.c...gif%3aNonHosted

#156 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

K im uploading dualcore v2, im setting it to automatically wipe data too. this means you will lose all apps and app data unless you back them up. When it's done, who wants to test?? =P
  • chumboy likes this
Developer|Co-Developer in Team SpeedCore|Currently running SOMETHING NEW...Posted Image

I don't ask for donations and don't expect them, but if you feel inclined here's the link:

#157 doby-nut

doby-nut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

Be happy to test it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#158 chumboy

chumboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:52 AM

K im uploading dualcore v2, im setting it to automatically wipe data too. this means you will lose all apps and app data unless you back them up. When it's done, who wants to test?? =P

Wow...yes, yes, yes...sign me up to test JellyCore!

#159 trikotret

trikotret

Droid Elite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr HD

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

I like how this Sunday is starting out ;)

#160 Silverlink34

Silverlink34

• Superuser
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:32 AM

Okay folks here's the big question: I have two different JellyBean builds to base our new ROM off of..

Kexec: everything works except camera.

Stock: camera works but screen rotation is buggy.

Personally I like the snappyness of kexec, I can live without the camera until it is fixed in a newer build. If you guys want stock I can go ahead and just make 2 JellyCores. I'll pick one when both have working cam and rotation.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2
  • chumboy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rom, dualcore, team speedcore, motoblur, ics, singlecore, cdma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users