20 replies to this topic

#1 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

hey guys my razr is stuck in safe mode when i reboot it goes straight to bootload mode here is the kicker my volume bottons dont work so i cant scroll down to recovery all of this happen all of once i am on .211 rooted with safestrap when i try to do a hard reset it goes straight to fast boot any help would be appreciated.

#2 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Twitter:@DarkOverDroid
  • Google+:DarkOverDroid@gmail.com
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:10 PM

With your volume keys non functional, the only thing I can suggest off the top of my head would be to use Matt's utility or Motorola's RSD Lite and fastboot back to stock. I know it's a major headache to have to re-do everything but, in your position, I really can't think of any other way. Sorry, that's all I could come up with. At this hour my brain is half functional. Lol Matt's utility would be alot less painful, as it has all the required files except Motorola's drivers which are easy to find, unless you already have them.
Posted Image

#3 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

thanks alot I will give that a try do you think volume keys are a software glitch.

#4 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD, DROID RAZR MAXX, iPhone 4, Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (WiFi) 7" Acer Iconia Tab A-100 (Wifi)

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:43 PM

It's a very likely possibility. I've definitely seen strange things occur on numerous devices, with different hardware/software glitches. For instance, I had an iPhone 4 that the home button quit on. I restored it, and everything returned to normal. Anything's possible! :)
Posted Image

#5 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

cant get into fastboot cause I cant scroll down due to volume keys not working ...

#6 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Maybe they'll work if you try this. Shut it down and boot from a cold start using both volume keys and power key. It might work that way. I'm trying to think of any other way, but that's tough considering the position your in.
Posted Image

#7 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Ok, I just remembered, well sort of. Lol If I'm not mistaking, using RSD Lite, as long as your phone is recognized by your computer, RSD should throw it into AP Fastboot mode automatically once you start the process. If I remember correctly.
Posted Image

#8 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

You can also still get into stock Android recovery from a cold boot using power + volume up keys even if you have an alternative recovery installed. It'll show a dead Android at first but, if you press one of the volume keys, ( Can't remember which one) it'll take you to stock recovery. You can try that if all else fails. Maybe it'll work there. Anything's worth a try at this point.
Posted Image

#9 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

thanks for your help but i think i have a parts phone lol i tryed that but keeps going back to boot mode then it boots to safe mode says it at bottom left hand corner all my apps that have to do with phone being rooted isnt showing up i know they are there because i go to app management and they are there but can use them if only volume keys would work i could boot into recovery and restore from backup.

#10 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

i will try that i am downloading matts stock ics file and will try that for sure and your other option as well thanks buddy.

#11 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

There are some apps in the playstore that will let you boot straight into recovery. I think the one I use is Quick Boot. And your very welcome.
Posted Image

#12 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Ok, best of luck to ya. Shoot me a P.M and let me know how it turns out.
Posted Image

#13 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

sure will gunna go to bed i will try rsd lite tomorrow thanks for your help.

#14 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

I just checked to make sure of the name, it's called quickboot. It boots you straight to recovery or the bootloader menu. Its a free app.
Posted Image

#15 DarkOverDroid

DarkOverDroid

DROIDOSAPIEN

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMobile, Al

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:16 PM

No problem, Anytime. That's what we're all here at Droidrzr for, to help one another. Goodnight.
Posted Image

#16 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:06 PM

still cant get anything to allow me to get into recovery if anyone has any sugestions or walk throughs i would be very greatful....

#17 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

still cant get anything to allow me to get into recovery if anyone has any sugestions or walk throughs i would be very greatful....

you can't get to fastboot either?

#18 Nitewolf

Nitewolf

Member of the BEST android community

• Superuser
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:56 AM

you can't get to fastboot either?

Working volume keys are needed to fastboot which at this point is a major prob. If RSD lite isn't working either then I have no idea. At this point I'd try anything, even pulling the SD card to see what happens.
Posted Image

#19 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

Open a command prompt from the folder where advanced is installed (you can use the one from Matt's utility). Boot your phone (safe mode should work as long as USB debugging is checked) and connect your it via usb and type "adb reboot recovery". The phone should reboot into recovery. To get into AP fastboot mode, follow the same directions but type "adb reboot bootloader" instead.

Quickboot and Moto Reboot from the Play store will perform these functions too. Without the need for the USB connection.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

#20 samhainww

samhainww

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:22 PM

will try it thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users