• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

I need a bit of help changing the ics lockscreen clock, text, date and carrier to ics blue. I have framework.res decompiled but can anyone tell me what xml's i need to change and what not. This is for a stock based rom.

Thanks..

#2 vtwinbmx

vtwinbmx

Droid Elite

• Developer
  • 2,486 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:21 AM

what rom are you running? Which stock based rom?

vtc.png

#3 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:10 AM

framework-res.apk/res/values/colors.xml
Line 57
<color name="lockscreen_clock_foreground">#ffffffff</color>
  • fixxxer2012 likes this

#4 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

thanks ill give it a try today.

#5 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

what xml's need to be editited though aside from colors.xml? i believe it's the keygaurds in the res/layout folder, correct?

#6 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

Should just be the one I posted.

#7 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

no dice man, none of the colors change for me, still white. ive been searching all morning. ive uploaded my framework.res if someone could try to do it for me id appreciate it. i want to learn but i feel ive tried everything.

Attached Files

#8 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:19 AM

Did you wipe cache and dalvik after applying the change?

#9 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:30 AM

sure did, i took the stock framework.res from the rom, made the xml edits then uploaded to uot kitchen for a custom battery and flashed the zip, then wiped. everything changed but the text on my lockscreen is still white, not ics blue. im getting kinda frustrated at this point lol.

#10 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

Just keep changing lines until something works. That's what the rest of us to to figure it out. :)
  • mattfox27, trikotret and vtwinbmx like this

#11 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Just keep changing lines until something works. That's what the rest of us to to figure it out. :)

be nice if there was a guide somewhere online, not even xda has a relavent one.

#12 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

well ive editied the colors.xml, styles.xml and all of the keygaurd.xml's and nothing changes so i guess ill give up. i see you made a theme that changed the lockscreen text to blue, did you change alot of xml's in the process of trial & error?

#13 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

well ive editied the colors.xml, styles.xml and all of the keygaurd.xml's and nothing changes so i guess ill give up. i see you made a theme that changed the lockscreen text to blue, did you change alot of xml's in the process of trial & error?

Yes, I thought the one above was the line that should do it though.

#14 DSGMach1

DSGMach1

Themer

• Superuser
  • 264 posts
  • LocationGriffin, GA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

I actually couldnt get the color of those to change either. I need to go back through to try to find where it is in the code. I'll post back if i find it tonight.

#15 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:08 PM

Working on this right now. I will have an answer in a few minutes. Driving me crazy. :P

#16 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Ok, got it.
First, change

framework-res.apk/res/values/colors.xml
Line 57
<color name="lockscreen_clock_foreground">
#ffffffff</color>

Change the ffffffff to ff33b5e5 for ICS blue.

Then change

framework-res.apk/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml
Starting at Line 7 you will see the following

<TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="@dimen/moto_keyguard_lockscreen_clock_font_size" android:typeface="sans" android:textColor="?textColorPrimary" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/timeDisplayForeground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignLeft="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_alignTop="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:typefaceFileName="Chulho_Neue.ttf" />

Change "?textColorPrimary" to "@color/lockscreen_clock_foreground"

#17 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

thanks but after screwing with it all day i finally changed everything to ics blue.

followed these two guides:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

use the figure on the left hand side to change the text to ics blue, use notepad+ to edit.

im pretty proud of myself as i was about to give up, did alot of google searching today.

#18 Guest_24v_*

Guest_24v_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

You did what is shown above, just a different way. That is fine, but be careful changing from @color to a plain hex value. That does not always work out properly, and you may have trouble with apk's compiling, or even working correctly later. I always try match whatever is there, whether it is a hex value, or something pointing to another xml.

#19 fixxxer2012

fixxxer2012

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

You did what is shown above, just a different way. That is fine, but be careful changing from @color to a plain hex value. That does not always work out properly, and you may have trouble with apk's compiling, or even working correctly later. I always try match whatever is there, whether it is a hex value, or something pointing to another xml.

well if i have any issues now i know what to do and have the right tools to do so. thanks!

#20 EmericanX

EmericanX

Developer

• Developer
  • 1,027 posts
  • Twitter:@EmericanX
  • LocationPrince George, VA

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:07 AM

I actually prefer to change it to a hex value... or better yet adding an @color if need be. Say for reference if you change the color @white you could end up with some strange results. As in a blue background to twitter! ;-) lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users