5 replies to this topic

#1 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

I was just wondering if there's an easy way to completely wipe all traces of me from my phone. I'm gonna be selling it in the next couple days to move to Canada and want it to as close to bone stock as possible. I've done factory resets, but folders and backups stay on the internal SD and I want to wipe all of that completely. Any ideas?

#2 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

I was just wondering if there's an easy way to completely wipe all traces of me from my phone. I'm gonna be selling it in the next couple days to move to Canada and want it to as close to bone stock as possible. I've done factory resets, but folders and backups stay on the internal SD and I want to wipe all of that completely. Any ideas?

I would pretty much do this...

Install Bootstrap
Remove your SIM card (so it can't re-attach to an account)
Scrub the partitions you want to in Bootstrap (will soft brick you if you get as aggressive as I would)
Fastboot

#3 G8orDroid

G8orDroid

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Twitter:G8orDroid

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm pretty sure just removing your external sdcard, erasing the internal storage from settings > storage, rebooting to stock recovery and doing a FDR will pretty much wipe any trace of your personal info, but snives method will be more thorough and pretty much guarantee none of your personal data could be recovered.

#4 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Twitter:@imanotemaker
  • Google+:robertclarkga@gmail.com
  • LocationWarner Robins GA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

I'm pretty sure just removing your external sdcard, erasing the internal storage from settings > storage, rebooting to stock recovery and doing a FDR will pretty much wipe any trace of your personal info, but snives method will be more thorough and pretty much guarantee none of your personal data could be recovered.

Yes what he said. I personally use, Disk Usage app. It will show every thing you have on both sd. And ext. Delete from there. But be careful what you delete. I use it to ensure no residuals are lingering when reverting.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 dysfunkshun

dysfunkshun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:20 PM

Good ideas, Thank you for your help!

#6 Droid2drummer

Droid2drummer

Droid Master