• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationEast Coast
  • Current Device(s):Jelly Wizzed JB Droid Maxx

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

hey guys ...
Rooted, Over clocked droid maxx running ICS with Full throttle AOKP ,
Today I plugged my Headphones in to my phone (which I usually never do) and it rotated into landscape and after 2 reboots it has still not come back to portrait(stock), Firstly I am not running any apps that require a landscape I am using ADW launcher, which rotates automatically, I do not Know how or what I did to have this situation But I would love to find a way out of it!!!!!any suggestions?
Offending The Masses since 1967.........FTW........Christianity is a Farse!!!

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

You may have bumped it to lock, go to settings and make sure auto rotate is on, if not, factory data reset.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

And check it in both system settings and in the ADW Launcher settings.

#4 geka

geka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Google+:gene.volchenko

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

And check it in both system settings and in the ADW Launcher settings.

I have the same issue and it is activated in settings, I do not have ADW. Mine is keep telling me that I have HDMI connected and asking to activate one of the HDMI modes (WebTop, Duplicate screen etc...). I am not sure what to do, also I cannot activate AP FastBoot mode too.
Can you help?

#5 brees75

brees75

Developer

• Developer
  • 217 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

I assume you do not have safestrap or anything so your best bet is to boot to recovery and wipe cache, if that does not work factory reset. Need more info to help. Can you not even access the recovery menu??

#6 willmiii

willmiii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

I have the same issue and it is activated in settings, I do not have ADW. Mine is keep telling me that I have HDMI connected and asking to activate one of the HDMI modes (WebTop, Duplicate screen etc...). I am not sure what to do, also I cannot activate AP FastBoot mode too.
Can you help?

I have the same problem. It is a hardware issue with your phone. If you want it to stay on portrait you have to go into settings>display and check enable hdmi detection and then uncheck it. (even if it is unchecked already just recheck and uncheck it.) did some research online and its a common issue. I had a Verizon rep confirm this as well. I placed a replacement order that should be here tomorrow. I suggest replacing your device before your original warranty becomes void and your stuck with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users