6 replies to this topic

#1 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

So I've had this problem since I got this phone back on July and have never been able to find a solution. What happens is....

After turning on the equalizer and tweaking the settings, the service seems to start and stop itself when it pleases. For instance, one song will play with eq settings working correctly and then the next song or a couple later it will stop working for few songs and then randomly turn back on. This happens over and over again.

I've had this happen with DSP, Beats, and Viper. I have tried making them system apps, fixing permissions, and lowering OOM priority to no avail. I've also tried with multiple different music apps and different roms to see if that could be the issue.

Anybody got any ideas or maybe a dev could take a look and see what might be going on?

#2 Memnoch73

Memnoch73

~The Devil~

• Smod
  • 5,016 posts
  • Google+:memnoch73@gmail.com
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Device(s):Pixel 3XL

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:54 AM

I use PowerAmp with a built in EQ. Never had an issue. Used it for years on multiple phones.

• cmh714 likes this

Bluesig3_zpsfd248ca4.png

#3 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:18 PM

I use PowerAmp with a built in EQ. Never had an issue. Used it for years on multiple phones.

Thanks for the response and I use poweramp from time to time but using it next to an eq like viper there is no contest. So I hope maybe someone with more knowledge than me might be able to take a look and see what's going on

#4 juv3

juv3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:29 PM

Are you on stock or what Rom are you running?

#5 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:04 AM

Are you on stock or what Rom are you running?

The ROMs I run most often are beanstalk and liquid but this is problem I've had since getting the phone.

I don't really run stock based ROMs and would rather not but I might try to see if that would help

#6 oneillperson

oneillperson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Current Device(s):Razr HD

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:53 AM

You can only have one equalizer installed at a time. If you try to use more than one, they'll go haywire like you described.

#7 DroidAddict101

DroidAddict101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationBinghamton

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

You can only have one equalizer installed at a time. If you try to use more than one, they'll go haywire like you described.

I always uninstall all eqs except viper (the one I like) and still have the same experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users