8 replies to this topic

#1 SimsDelt

SimsDelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:johnmsims

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

Does anyone know of a case that actually works with the Verizon car dock made specifically for the Maxx? It is the car dock that is specifically for the Maxx, not the regular RAZR dock that you pull the back out of. I have to use a case because I'm prone to drops. But its pain taking in and out of my otter box to use the dock.

Sent from my Razr Maxx using TapaTalk

#2 SimsDelt

SimsDelt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Twitter:johnmsims

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:32 PM

No one? 45+ views and no one has an idea?

• Picaso86 likes this

#3 Prymaldark

Prymaldark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Twitter:Prymaldark
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Device(s):XT912M, TF700T, NookST

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

I have been considering crafting some type of mount to allow my Otterbox Defender to clip onto my dash. I saw the VZW car dock, but paid it little attention. The OD doesn't mesh well with my seat belt when clipped to my waist, so a small clip to connect to on the dash would work well I imagine. Plus it would give me a reason to dock the device with its screen out.

#4 gabbas

gabbas

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I took out the inside liner of the car dock. There is an insert. I have the commuter case on my Maxx and with a little tweaking it fit fine. Nice and snug.

#5 Jumphouse

Jumphouse

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

Does anyone know of a case that actually works with the Verizon car dock made specifically for the Maxx? It is the car dock that is specifically for the Maxx, not the regular RAZR dock that you pull the back out of. I have to use a case because I'm prone to drops. But its pain taking in and out of my otter box to use the dock.

I asked my buddy at the V Store & he said "There is no case as of now."

Best bet is to get a silicone case. That's what I use & although a pain,
it's easy (although inconvenient, I got used to it) to take on & off.

Also, with the silicone, it has a little more bounce than the hard plastic...
just check out anyone walking down the street in LA area & you see the same phenomenon!

#6 breachless

breachless

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

I use the verizon branded holster case with the kickstand. I don't use the holster function at all, but the case itself has a handy stand on it, and it is easy to quickly remove and put on when you want to dock the phone. As far as I can tell, the Razr Maxx dock has absolutely ZERO room for any type of case. There is no insert to pull out: it's built to hug the phone nice and snug in its naked state. Maybe the regular Razr dock is different? The Otterbox Defender holster mount is not a bad idea though! I actually kind of started to try to put something like that together with my GNex, but lost interest (LAZY).

#7 SoLongSidekick

SoLongSidekick

YOU WILL HAIL!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

I had an OG Razr before my Maxx and still have the car dock for the OG. With the insert out and no case on the phone the Maxx fits in loosely. I have been thinking about either sanding/grinding down the dock or adding some foam padding to make it work with the Maxx. I will post my results when done.

:-D :-D

#8 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

I think that I have seen one made by RAM Mount that allows you to use the Otter Box case and you dont have to remove it. Sorry I dont have any links for it, but it should not be that difficult to find.

#9 Renegade

Renegade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Google+:126robert@gmail.com
  • LocationWestern North Carolina
  • Current Device(s):Razr Maxx

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Here you go. I ran accross the mount while looking for some other stuff:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

0 user(s) are reading this topic