Photo

Pulldown Toggle Mod For Standard 215 Deodexed Rom?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

I found the Sense like pull down toggles for BT, WiFi, etc to be pretty handy. Unfortunately, the ROM they were built for has kind of disappeared...

Are there any such mods for a standard Deodexed 215?

Thx!

#2 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

There is an app in the play store called notification toggle that works just as good... its free and you can customize the toggles and icons even set up a toggle to launch any app you want... its easy to set up and works really good with ICS

Sent from the cutting edge of my RAZR
  • sankyou likes this

#3 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Yeah, trying that now. It isn't as clean as the sense method, as it stands the icons vertically instead of horizontally like sense does. Plus you get the little notification icon repeated for each toggle you set up. It works, but it's no where near as elegant as the other solution.

#4 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

This is how I have mine set up:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

34.34KB   66 downloads
You can change the icons to anything you like... rotate the image with an image editor if you want them sideways.... I made mine red instead of blue...

#5 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:46 PM

There is an app in the play store called notification toggle that works just as good... its free and you can customize the toggles and icons even set up a toggle to launch any app you want... its easy to set up and works really good with ICS

Thanks. Installed this and converted it to a system app so it has direct toggles of GPS, and background data. Works like a champ and has more toggles than AOKP/CM. I'd imagine this takes slightly more resources than having it integrated with the ROM but it will do until we have some more options.

#6 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

This is how I have mine set up:

34.34KB   66 downloads
You can change the icons to anything you like... rotate the image with an image editor if you want them sideways.... I made mine red instead of blue...

Can you go through the rotation step? I've tried other icon packs, and they won't properly load.

#7 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:07 AM

Can you go through the rotation step? I've tried other icon packs, and they won't properly load.

Which style of icons do you want rotated?

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

#8 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:24 AM

Right now I'd take any. I'm using the NT icon downloader app, but every time I choose something other than default I get a big white square instead of the icon....

#9 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:36 AM

Right now I'd take any. I'm using the NT icon downloader app, but every time I choose something other than default I get a big white square instead of the icon....

That's strange... did you select a color in the app? Maybe revert colors to default... I had a weird looking icon when I tried the in app colors... I ended up modifying them with "photo editor" (free in the play store) because the app didn't color them correctly...

#10 androidlearner

androidlearner

Droid Master

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

There an app called Widgetsoid that might be able to do what you want?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx Arctic .215

#11 zephyrus14

zephyrus14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Twitter:@johnmarciniak
  • LocationThe Region

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:01 AM

With my prior knowledge of the Notification app, I've noticed that on of the shortcomings of the app is that it doesn't sit at the top of the notification bar when other notifications are present. Sometimes it jumps around depending on other notifications.... not a big deal, but it was a little annoying...Did they fix this? Can anyone confirm that this still happens?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#12 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

That's strange... did you select a color in the app? Maybe revert colors to default... I had a weird looking icon when I tried the in app colors... I ended up modifying them with "photo editor" (free in the play store) because the app didn't color them correctly...

That was it--I had tinting on the custom icons. Where are the icons stored, BTW?

#13 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

With my prior knowledge of the Notification app, I've noticed that on of the shortcomings of the app is that it doesn't sit at the top of the notification bar when other notifications are present. Sometimes it jumps around depending on other notifications.... not a big deal, but it was a little annoying...Did they fix this? Can anyone confirm that this still happens?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Not an issue with ICS... if you turn on the accessibility service for it, it always stays on top

#14 hootowlserenade

hootowlserenade

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationDavison, MI

Posted 06 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

That was it--I had tinting on the custom icons. Where are the icons stored, BTW?

They are in a folder on your internal SD.... you should be able to find them through the stock gallery.

#15 zbjones

zbjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I use this app. Works quite well. I keep switching between Notification Toggle and Widgetsoid. NT will stay at the top if you turn on accessibility feature. Although sometimes you will pull down the notification bar and see it going crazy moving everything back to the top. I don't remember fully, but I don't think Widgetsoid has the accessibility feature to stay at the top with ongoing notifications.

Pretty nice though. Set NT as system app and you get the full features. I use it for toggles and direct calls.

-- Living Life From My RAZR's Edge --

#16 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:06 AM

Not an issue with ICS... if you turn on the accessibility service for it, it always stays on top

It still is a little loopy at times. It wouldn't stay at the top even with accessibility service when My music was playing, but overall they seemed to have fixed that problem. After a reboot or two as a system app, the jumping around seems to settle down.

#17 pm1066

pm1066

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Still looking for a workable solution here...Notification Toggle made my entire system unstable, to the point I was about to wipe and redo. Uninstalling helped.

#18 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

I recommend power toggles.

Looks more like ICS and the native flash light toggle and lock toggle work without installing additional apps or short cuts.

The toggles also are "in sync" with the status bar. "Active" "non-active" states match status bar.

(Both were short comings in Notification Toggle.)

App also can display battery % in status bar.

#19 zbjones

zbjones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

I recommend power toggles.

Looks more like ICS and the native flash light toggle and lock toggle work without installing additional apps or short cuts.

The toggles also are "in sync" with the status bar. "Active" "non-active" states match status bar.

(Both were short comings in Notification Toggle.)

App also can display battery % in status bar.

I like this app for the way it looks and the native flashlight, but it is behind curve for being able to directly toggle GPS. Even making it a system app still brings up location settings instead of just toggling GPS on/off. Both NT and Widgetsoid will toggle GPS directly if set as a system app. Both will also display battery percent in the status bar.

If you want direct GPS toggle, there are only a few choices. Notification Toggles and Widgetsoid are still the most complete I've tried.

-- Living Life From My RAZR's Edge --

#20 wabmorgan

wabmorgan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

I was unaware of the GPS toggle shortcomings... however it is a feature I do not use.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users