Adr14ng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:adriannn55@gmail.com
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

Hey guys I thought it would be cool to make a thread that just shows how much we appreciate David's work from his AOKP roms to his latest work with other devs (hashcode & j) on kexec!

Remember guys if you got nothing nice to see don't say it at all.

Thanks Dhacker for all the endless hours of backbreaking work on our Razr's and other devices!

#2 nightwatcher

nightwatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:46 AM

David ...

I have worked with your's and droidth3ory roms since my Thunderbolt and you have helped greatly...

Thanks for your great work and magic you bring from your roms... looking forward to seeing what you come up with next...

#3 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:50 AM

Well tell it to his Twitter where he can actually see it.

#4 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Nope:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

You know what every one ____s up but you guys are all winkies that have to point it out

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

OUT

We love you man. Don't get caught up in the douchebaggery/XDA/drama...

#5 HouseMD

HouseMD

Vicodin Addict

• Superuser
  • 294 posts
  • Twitter:DSLRVideoGuy
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

David's twitter was deactivated. He's currently away from the internets.

Posted Image

If you feel the need to buy me a beer, or help pay my bills, here's the link:http://bit.ly/O4ZnLW

#6 Aliceics

Aliceics

Graphic Designer | Themer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Twitter:alicerzr
  • Google+:littlemissalice1@gmail.com

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:54 AM

David's twitter was deactivated. He's currently away from the internets.

I saw that but I didn't know he closed it, wow.

#7 Adr14ng

Adr14ng

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Google+:adriannn55@gmail.com
  • LocationLos Angeles
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:56 AM

Treat this like a thank you card guys! Only nice things to say :) thanks guys!

#8 sankyou

sankyou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Some people have a gift for taking care of people while taking care of business.
I just wanted to let you know I noticed. Thanks for all you do!
Posted Image

#9 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

What can i say? DH is a key player in the community. I hope he's not gone. I appreciate what he does for everyone.

#10 SpyderMan

SpyderMan

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

hey, dhacker, your work is is so important- I've never programmed anything more than a DOS batchfile & I get so much pleasure fm custom roms & when I found out what Kexec could do I was quite excited, & I only got the quick version of the explanation of what it can do

even tho Kexec isn't here yet for the Razr, it lead me to learn more about how my device works & as for me your efforts have inspired me to know more & benefit more fm my Maxx…

for me it would be a great source of pride & fulfillment to know that I've helped so many people… so thanks for your efforts, & know that your work is appreciated & you make a difference SpyderMan
Posted Image

Sig Created by Thach

#11 prh

prh

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

I got my phone about 2 months ago, and was soon concerned that I should have gotten a SIII instead. Then I discovered the amazing devs working on this phone and have never looked back. Dhacker, thank you so much for everything you have done for us! My phone is truly amazing now and will continue to be!

#12 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

dhacker,

Even though we've never really spoken that much, and despite the fact that I don't get along with others on droidhive, your work and your dedication have been an inspiration to me as well as countless others. Your base build of CM9 and AOKP inspired me to get back into development after about 2 years of giving up. Regardless of the differences between us, we also have a lot in common, and our love for the Android Operating System is one thing. I've heard from some people that you are catching a lot of crap and constantly getting hounded on twitter, you of all people should know not to let these idiots get the best of you.

Anyway, before I get to dramatic. Just wanted to say that IF you're reading this, just keep doing what you're doing and tell the haters to go ____ themselves (sorry for my language). Everyone that owns a RAZR appreciates what you do, along with Hash and Th3ory and everyone else involved. So from one dev to a more highly skilled dev, please keep up the good work and don't let some retards get you down! Thanks for everything you've done, and everything you'll do in the future!

Sincerely,
Spc_Hicks09

Edited by spc_hicks09, 06 August 2012 - 10:01 AM.

• milkshed27, IAmTheHuff, sankyou and 7 others like this

#13 mdowns989

mdowns989

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Twitter:@mdowns989
  • Google+:+Michael Downs
  • LocationCentral Coast Cali.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

dhacker,

Even though we've never really spoken that much, and despite the fact that I don't get along with others on droidhive, your work and your dedication have been an inspiration to me as well as countless others. Your base build of CM9 and AOKP inspired me to get back into development after about 2 years of giving up. Regardless of the differences between us, we also have a lot in common, and our love for the Android Operating System is one thing. I've heard from some people that you are catching a lot of crap and constantly getting hounded on twitter, you of all people should know not to let these idiots get the best of you.

Anyway, before I get to dramatic. Just wanted to say that IF you're reading this, just keep doing what you're doing and tell the haters to go ____ themselves (sorry for my language). Everyone that owns a RAZR appreciates what you do, along with Hash and Th3ory and everyone else involved. So from one dev to a more highly skilled dev, please keep up the good work and don't let some retards get you down! Thanks for everything you've done, and everything you'll do in the future!

Sincerely,
Spc_Hicks09

+1000

Sent from my XT912
  • hectorlumbago likes this

#14 hectorlumbago

hectorlumbago

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Twitter:hectorlumbago
  • Google+:hectorlumbago

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:48 AM

dhacker,
I believe spc_hicks09 speaks for most if not all of us. More than once I have said one of lifes toughest issues is controlling the 5 inches between your ears. Don't let them get you, we love your work.
All the best,
Chuck

#15 TopherRZ

TopherRZ

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

Dhacker is the man. Without him I would probably have an iPhone. Actually that's false, I would never have an iPhone. But he's still the man.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
*Only four iPh0n3s were hurt in the making of this post*

#16 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

I just want to say a quick thank you! Others have already expressed my thoughts quite well... If you read this, please don't throw in the towel! You're an inspiration for the community, and android as a whole! Again, just thanks... The 99% appreciates you, and the 1% would if they even knew it's your work ;-)

You have the FULL SUPPORT of most of the community....

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#17 charvaka

charvaka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Dhacker, the first ROM that I flashed on my Droid Razr was your AOKP build. Everything I have run on my phone since is directly based on your work. Thank you for all that you have done for us. I appreciate your hard work, which has enhanced the value we get out of our Razrs.

#18 snives

snives

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Dhacker, Hashcode, and Cyanogen are the three greatest impacting individuals in the community from my experience. I'm not going to try to be pretty, but anyone that doesn't show them the respect they deserve should really think about how little they would care or even know about modding any system if it wasn't for them.

#19 cdavid469

cdavid469

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFort Campbell

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

Dhacker without your work we wouldn't have half as much developement on the razr, between you Matt and the awesome root method from rosenberg you 3 have made the razr in to a top notch device instead of an abandoned piece of locked motorizon $!#7. Any1 can burn out at anytime, and the stress of so many people wanting something from you is taxing, I hope this is indeed a break and not a farewell.

#20 wingdo

wingdo

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:36 PM

Dhacker, Hashcode, and Cyanogen are the three greatest impacting individuals in the community from my experience. I'm not going to try to be pretty, but anyone that doesn't show them the respect they deserve should really think about how little they would care or even know about modding any system if it wasn't for them.

+1000

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users