#1 qbelle220

qbelle220

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 06:42 PM

Hi,

I'm new to your site. I was reading that there are leaks that can make my phone run better. I need help in rooting my phone and being able to go back to the original operating system to install the leaks. I'm very confused on how to do this. I've read a zillion postings and I'm extremely lost especially with the terminology you guys use. Sorry if I sound like a dummy. Can someone please help me and tell exactly what I need to download step by step and how to do it. i.e. do i download on my phone or do I download on the computer? Thanks in advance.

#2 leviwg

leviwg

News Writer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:55 PM

Best thing to do all of those is the utility 1.81. Its under development.
a what? an android? whats that?

#3 Hero_Indeed

Hero_Indeed

Android Rescue Squad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

I can help. What would you like to do exactly? Firstly I will tell you to download Matts utility which is located in RAZR development thread on this site. You'll be downloading this onto your computer. With that utility you can root your phone which is needed to flash a custom ROM. You will also be able to flash a custom recovery with the utility. Safe strap is what most devs are using lately. More importantly this utility will fastboot you back to stock ICS 6.16.211. That option is quite handy because if you brick your phone 99 out of 100 times it should get you back up and running. With all that being said the number one crackflasher sin is to do flash on a low battery. Always make sure you're at least around 70%.

Somebody else will probably pick this up for you but if not I'll check in the morning. Good luck

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
  • littljeff likes this
Posted Image

#4 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA
  • Current Device(s):Droid Razr Maxx HD, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:02 PM

First make sure your shoes are tied in double knots and your underwear is on the outside of your pants or it WON'T WORK!!! But seriously matts utility as stated is easiest... Should be a piece of cake...once rooted then the real fun begins! Good luck and don't worry..rooting is way less risky nowadays and not as hard as it seems at first
Posted Image

#5 qbelle220

qbelle220

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:31 AM

thanks Hero and JTC (very funny) :D I am going to try this now. Thank you so much for your help. Reading the threads was so confusing. I will let you guys know how it worked out....

#6 qbelle220

qbelle220

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

ok so i've been at this most of the day. I need serious help. I was able to root my phone and get it back to original operating system 6.16.211....i tried to download and install the latest leak update and it's just not working. I can't seem to get it on my phone. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong???!!! i'm just on the basic screen screen i haven't even set up my phone yet. please help me...thanks.

#7 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

ok so i've been at this most of the day. I need serious help. I was able to root my phone and get it back to original operating system 6.16.211....i tried to download and install the latest leak update and it's just not working. I can't seem to get it on my phone. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong???!!! i'm just on the basic screen screen i haven't even set up my phone yet. please help me...thanks.

What seems to be the problem? Is the update just not taking? are you getting an error/installation aborted?
Posted Image

#8 qbelle220

qbelle220

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:11 PM

i don't even know how to run the update. I can't find an application file to run...i tried to run most of the files in the download but nothing happens. no error messages just nothing. I downloaded the leak from this:

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

#9 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

i don't even know how to run the update. I can't find an application file to run...i tried to run most of the files in the download but nothing happens. no error messages just nothing. I downloaded the leak from this:

its not an application you run on your comp... go here, it should be of great help... thanks to mattyp!

Posted Image

#10 qbelle220

qbelle220

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

ahhh this is great...sorry i'm such an amateur lol thanks for all of your help.

#11 jtc303

jtc303

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 406 posts
  • LocationMA

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

ahhh this is great...sorry i'm such an amateur lol thanks for all of your help.

no prob at all... we all gotta start somewhere... thats what makes the android community so great, we're all here to help :)

that link was a great idea/execution by matty, don't forget to send him your thanks
Posted Image

#12 qbelle220

qbelle220

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:56 PM

I most definitely will. I'm loving this group so far!!! thanks again!!

#13 ryan8r

ryan8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Twitter:@ryan8r
  • LocationBeyond the Grave..

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Just got a new Verizon RAZR , I already have the .211 fast boot files ( blahblah.XML.zip ) . Can I use it to flash via Matt's utility , if yes what version should I try?
The phone is already on .211 but has a corrupted radio ( Baseband version unknown ) so this is my only hope to get it working. TIA

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

#14 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:14 AM

Just got a new Verizon RAZR , I already have the .211 fast boot files ( blahblah.XML.zip ) . Can I use it to flash via Matt's utility , if yes what version should I try?
The phone is already on .211 but has a corrupted radio ( Baseband version unknown ) so this is my only hope to get it working. TIA

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Check here for the unstuck 211 utility. You can flash the radio/kernel without the need to fastboot.

• ryan8r likes this

#15 ryan8r

ryan8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

Coming from the barren lands of xda , Glad to see the forum alive. lol

Btw the torrent has 0 seeds. Any other link?
Thanks

Edit: never mind! Got it from a user @HouseMD over chat. Will try and report back.Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

#16 ryan8r

ryan8r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:33 PM

OK that didnt work , tried flasing radio seperately all goes fine but when the phone boots its still unknown. Also tried flasing the .211 fw , still nothing. My IMEI number shows unknown aswell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users