• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FLHC

FLHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Okay, I know, this is like the billionth thread about the maxx battery. I've searched and can't really find one that I can directly relate to.

My phone makes it to 20% EASY after a full day of work. In fact, it's currently at 41% and I only unplugged it at 6:45am (1:00pm now). This is actually about equal or worse than my droid X (when it had a good battery). I've tried the conditioning over a weekend, turned it off, let it fully charge overnight, kill to 10%, repeat. Didn't work.

I've tried dimming the screen, killing apps, finding which apps are draining battery... nothing.

I absolutely refuse to believe that I need to turn 4g off or jump through hoops to make it last even 13 hours because I have read of people getting 30 hours with absolutely no hoop jumping.

Do I have a bad battery? What are the procedures for them to get you a CLN replacement? Take it in to the store, show them the phone (fully restored of course), and I come into the store and swap with them?

#2 aktrazer

aktrazer

SMod/News Team Leader

• Smod
  • 537 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC
  • Current Device(s):Smasung Galaxy Note 2, ASUS TF700T

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Okay, I know, this is like the billionth thread about the maxx battery. I've searched and can't really find one that I can directly relate to.

My phone makes it to 20% EASY after a full day of work. In fact, it's currently at 41% and I only unplugged it at 6:45am (1:00pm now). This is actually about equal or worse than my droid X (when it had a good battery). I've tried the conditioning over a weekend, turned it off, let it fully charge overnight, kill to 10%, repeat. Didn't work.

I've tried dimming the screen, killing apps, finding which apps are draining battery... nothing.

I absolutely refuse to believe that I need to turn 4g off or jump through hoops to make it last even 13 hours because I have read of people getting 30 hours with absolutely no hoop jumping.

Do I have a bad battery? What are the procedures for them to get you a CLN replacement? Take it in to the store, show them the phone (fully restored of course), and I come into the store and swap with them?

I think that taking it to the store is your best option. You exhausted every option that I personally can think of. I have a MAXX and I get 20-30 hours on a full charge. I'd take it in and tell them to give you a new one.

Posted Image

#3 VantenKiest

VantenKiest

Guru of Insanity & Tech support

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh PA baby

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

depending on signals and usage also how often you use wifi and what not your battery may drain.. if you are in a non 4g area and leave LTE on your phone will consume significant battery just looking for that 4g signal.

also if check your phone often then its going to stay at a higher CPU speed consuming yet even more power.. use apps liek CPU sleeper and make sure you arent over heating if problems persist yes talk to verizon after a fastboot and data wipe
In my Ferocious convictions, and in-dominant belief in my own actions, it would be a great advantage to anyone's interest who lay with mine..... Vanten Kiest

#4 FLHC

FLHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

thanks for the replies.

see, Vanten, I thought that it may be the 3g/4g thing. At work, I don't get 4g at all, but I do at home so I waited a bit before making a thread to see how it acts during the weekend. I don't have exact hours/time/percentages, but it was around 40-50% around 3pm this saturday/sunday, which is better than when I'm at work since I use it heavily at work, but still worse than some of the screen shots that my friend sent me of her maxx, which were at 70% by 8pm.

#5 Krazr

Krazr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:00 AM

FLHC, I was in the outskirts of Maine the past week and my Maxx was getting pretty crappy battery life. I was in a non 4G area and about half the time I didn't even have 3G. I was only getting like 12-14 hours. On days in which I was using GPS I was pushing 11 hours(my phone got down to 4%). However, now that I am back in the Chicago area my battery life has been excellent. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 6am, and when I plugged it back in at 11pm I had 42% remaining!

#6 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

I'm in a Non 4G area (Flagstaff, Arizona). I don't know if you are running a custom rom, but those almost always give you some solid battery savings. As was suggested above, I highly recommend disabling 4G and installing CPU sleeper. I also use the modified hotplug governor and I have it set to set the CPU to 300 min 600 max when the screen is off. I have the standard Razr and use it moderately (approximately 3 hours of screen on time per day) and I can get almost 24 hours out of the battery. I am currently running Axiom Infektion as I have found that DT's ROMs have always had better battery life than others. That being said, I wouldn't be afraid to try anyone of the ROMs on this forum as all the DEVs here are excellent.

#7 FLHC

FLHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

pwn3r, those are great suggestions for someone trying to max out their battery potential, but again, I really don't want to jump through hoops for this phone to last until I go to bed when other people are getting 20 hours with full 4g, no cpu governers, or anything. PS I am using full throttle CM9 which has exhibited the same poor battery life.

Krazr, you may be right about location, unfortunately I just moved to charleston and the towers on the outskirts of downtown aren't the best so it gets jumpy sometimes, but as of now, I dont think a warranty claim couldn't hurt.

#8 PWn3R

PWn3R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Twitter:AllenGeorge
  • Google+:https://plus.google.com/102317230135122177087

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:05 PM

FLHC, what do you see for signal levels? Mobile Signal Widget might help. If your signal level is very low (under -90dbm) that has always done very bad things to my battery. When I was in Wisconsin this summer while driving around, some places it was draining so much battery that I would drop 10% every 15-20 minutes while streaming Spotify.

#9 dccoh

dccoh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

FLHC, what do you see for signal levels? Mobile Signal Widget might help. If your signal level is very low (under -90dbm) that has always done very bad things to my battery. When I was in Wisconsin this summer while driving around, some places it was draining so much battery that I would drop 10% every 15-20 minutes while streaming Spotify.

Isnt it the higher the -dbm the worse the signal ie. -80dbm is worse than -90dbm?

#10 superrelaxx

superrelaxx

Droid Master

• Superuser
  • 921 posts
  • Twitter:jasNwa
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 15 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Isnt it the higher the -dbm the worse the signal ie. -80dbm is worse than -90dbm?

Correct. Lower = better signal

#11 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:37 PM

Imagine If you had an og razr like us early buyer suckers? My phones at 40% at 4 pm and I unplug it at 9 no 6:30

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#12 DroidRazrAZ

DroidRazrAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Twitter:konellaz
  • Google+:konellaz@gmail.com
  • LocationPDX 2 PHX

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

No wifi crap.. LTE is faster and location always on

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attached Files

#13 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Had to post this here since everyone was telling me that battery life is worse on the Rezound than on the RAZR. This is heavy use and 4 hours of screen on time.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Sent from my Unlocked Rezound using Tapatalk 2

#14 Luckster

Luckster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Twitter:@TreatnHerRight

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:01 AM

I get like 3-8 Hours Max.... Imma post a pic when i can.
Posted Image @TreatnHerRight

#15 FLHC

FLHC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I am currently at work and getting -95/-94/-92 dBm

On a scale of usage... I'm where the notch is. I'm not on it 8 hours at work, but I'm definitely texting and on facebook every so often (slow at work right now)

No Use --------------Moderate----|----------Heavy

On Full Throttle CM9
7h 30m 10s on battery
21% discharging
36% android OS
25% screen
10% facebook
9% wifi
5% android system
4% chrome
3% cell standby
3% phone idle