[Just In] Apple, Guilty Of Violating Samsung Patents

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:50 PM

Mark one up for Samsung!

Apple has been found guilty by a South Korean court of violating 2 of Samsung's patents. While this isn't much of a win because Samsung was also found of infringing on Apple patents in the same country, this is still a win for Samsung. Unfortunately Apple gets the last laugh. Part of this finding, means that all Apple product sales are now banned in South Korea, the bad part is that Apple stopped selling most of their "violating" products in South Korea anyway.

Apple will also pay a fine, a whopping $35,400 lol. Take it for what it's worth but regardless, it's a win for Samsung.

Discuss away :) Keep it clean

#2 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Update on it about 8hours ago.....honestly if i were part of the jury i would side with samsung. But then again i doubt i would be considered because of my strong dislike against apple products.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

CarbonRazr, it's sharper than yours
Make It Your Own

#3 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:13 PM

Update on it about 8hours ago.....honestly if i were part of the jury i would side with samsung. But then again i doubt i would be considered because of my strong dislike against apple products.

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

That's a totally different case lol. The one I posted about was in South Korea, the one you posted about is in California.

#4 Jcubed

Jcubed

Android Rescue Squad Leader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Google+:lovethelordjjj@gmail.com

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

It would be funny if the Judge had an iphone

Posted Image

working to provide the best assistance to you and the entire droid razr community improve!

#5 srzero

srzero

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • LocationArlington

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

That's a totally different case lol. The one I posted about was in South Korea, the one you posted about is in California.

damn i didnt even realize, my bad....

Make It Your Own

#6 SpectrumKing21

SpectrumKing21

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:19 PM

I don't think Apple cares much about the South Korean decision. Samsung was just ordered to pay over $1 billion to Apple by an AMERICAN jury.

#7 koreanschoolkid

koreanschoolkid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

The game was over for Samsung when Koh (given her past I suspect she might be in Apple's pocket) decided to refuse Samsung their main case for invalidation of design patents. This might not seem like anything important except that design patents were the crux of the case for Apple and Koh made it essentially impossible for Samsung to play anything except defence by rendering Apple's case untouchable. Consider the average human being as well: does one expect them to wade through Samsung's last remaining avenue of 3G standards patents or are they more inclined to listen to Apple's "Samsung stole American ideas. Punish them." path. Samsung never had a prayer in that room

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users