A New Direction.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

First off I want to thank all of you guys for the dedication and time you spend on site. DR is a mainstream site, with over 20k members with more joining each day. Some of you might not know me or we are meeting formally for the first time. If that is, nice to meet you, this is a great site and a great staff. For those of you I do know, just shut up and let me talk to the new guys for a second lol. Let me just give you guys a little background info on me. I started my android days with a droid1 but did not become a community member till the droidx really but that’s either here or there. I started off at MyDroidWorld.com , at the time was owned by a guy by the name of BBCrackman aka ADMIN on DR. He is now a great friend online and offline as well. I got hooked up with a great bunch of guys including @bkjolly and @P3Droid @NattyBee etc etc. Got in the groove of things and started to pick up modding and hacking and developing fast. The rest is history. BTW I am a Father of a beautiful daughter, Chloe and married to my wonderful wife, Lauren. I am self-employed, painting contractor and go to school full time for my Bachelors for my RN . Ok that's enough.
Now on November 1st I was recruited, by jolly to start this site and to see where it would go. Well we never thought it would become so big. DR is a respected site among that android community with some of the best devs in android. Some even are own staff. There is no need to relive the past but a few things happened and myself and jolly did not agree on a few things and we split ways. That's over now and we are great friends again. I love him like a brother. Some of the best ppl I no are online. So then I was given DR with sole responsibility and 100% authority to do whatever I wanted. Since then I have responded to over 2400 pm's helped many on gtalk unbricking there devices and helped behind the scenes, with some great devs.
This brings me to a crossroads in my life. I recently had to go through chemo therapy for a rare type of colon cancer. I don’t want to get into much detail but in a roundabout way I am ok now and almost 100%. I was down for over a month. I had a lot of time to think and put my priorities in line. Right now my family and especially this semester in school are more important to me than anything in the world.
NOW DUHDUHDUHHHHHHH. As of this point I am stepping down as Head Admin of Droidrzr.
What does this mean for you?
Nothing really. I just cannot put 100% effort into the site anymore. I just want to make this clear though. I AM NOT LEAVING DR LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN I AM NOT LEAVING DROIDRZR! I am just slipping behind the curtain and letting someone else be in charge of the day to day operations. I still will be helping out and will be implementing new direction to the site with the help of a few members. This decision was not easy but was clear to me. I pride myself in having a calm perspective and an unbiased opinion when it comes to helping keep things calm, with threads and staff. It’s a tireless job with little benefits but worth it, in the same breath. I needed someone that was like me and shared the same views as me. So in short I needed not someone that has the most knowledge in android related things but a leader that could do what needs to be done in a respectful but stern manner. Plus someone with the time, drive, and enthusiasm that is needed. So without further a due I present the new Chief of Staff ★★Thach★★

As I stated previously, I will still be here helping out as much as I can to expand our beloved site , to the next level. I want to thank everyone for the support that they have given me , to all my mods and friends, to the occasional user. You all have brought me great joy in doing what I have a passion for and that's Android. This is not the end , just a new beginning.

To bring this chapter to a end, a new one begins! I look forward to working with thach and the rest of the crew to bring you all the best Android experience . So this is not a goodbye , it's a Hello again.

DirtyDroidX
Sent from my SCH-I535 or XT913
  • Bmplekan, mattlgroff, PillClinton and 4 others like this

#2 Guest_BDH_*

Guest_BDH_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I was going to be THAT GUY that quoted the entire OP but decided against it lol. Sad to see you kind of slip away into the background DDX but i'm glad to see you're not leaving for good. Can't wait to see what Thach and this new chapter in the life of Droidrzr.com can bring in the future!

#3 Nubia1

Nubia1

JUST A COOL OLD GUY WHO LIKES ANDROID

• Dedicated Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • LocationCincinnati,Ohio
  • Current Device(s):DROID RAZR MAXX HD/ OG RAZR MAXX

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

First and foremost congratulations and I'm very happy to hear that you have beat the devil ( cancer). I just lost a dear friend who happens to be my cousin to whom I am very close. I have never formally met you however I feel as if I have known you just because of how fond and how much I have respect for the work that you have done with DR. I have been a dedicated supporter and will continue to be. I am glad to hear that Thatch is your decision to fill your shoes he is a very talented and leveled person.
Thanks again for all you have done here and continue to do.

Sent from my DROID RAZRMAXX using Tapatalk 3.0

#4 droidian1441

droidian1441

News Leader

• News Team Leader
  • PipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Device(s):HTC One M8 (primary); Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Dang dude.

I didn't see this coming. I am one to be glad that you have beaten cancer (or are very close to it). As Nubia1 said above, I have lost good friends to cancer, I don't like the feeling nor does anybody (I assume anyway).

I respect your decision to step down and I sincerely hope you will come around as much as you usually do. You have done a lot for DroidRzr, and I think we are all greatly appreciative.

I am excited to see what Thach has to bring to DR.

Thanks to what you have done and still continue to do for us all. :)

--Sam

HTC One M8 // 3.28.605.4 // CleanROM 3.0 w/HarmonKardon audio // Android 4.4.4
n5SOtgv.jpg - "White Noise" out November 4th!
(Recommended)

#5 Oaklands

Oaklands

Droid Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

Congratulations on beating the cancer. Many victims of this awful illness cannot say the same. Good to see you setting your priorities. This site has been a great help to me and it is much appreciated. Best to you and the family. I have a 6 year son old who was supposed to be a Chloe but came out a an Ashton. Nice surprise considering I was the last of my clan so the name carries on. Also self-employed.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

#6 Guest_DirtyDroidX_*

Guest_DirtyDroidX_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:53 AM

Congratulations on beating the cancer. Many victims of this awful illness cannot say the same. Good to see you setting your priorities. This site has been a great help to me and it is much appreciated. Best to you and the family. I have a 6 year son old who was supposed to be a Chloe but came out a an Ashton. Nice surprise considering I was the last of my clan so the name carries on. Also self-employed.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you very much and god bless. I no being self employed with a family is tough. Its feast or famine. I wish you the best!

#7 abrasher

abrasher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Twitter:@INKMD
  • LocationAthens, Ga - USA

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

I wish you luck. I am new to this site, but I see you all have done something pretty cool. Ihave a very similar story as I created the XBMCHUB.COM site to give a home to all of the XBMC addons that the organization abandoned this past year. As a fan of XBMC it is easy to sacrifice my time, and now the site is slowly growing larger and larger, and it continues to grow.

I know that the job of admin is often one that nobody ever realizes takes so much time and energy... not to mention you rarely are commended for your work as most praise goes, understandably, to the developers! Again, developers deserve praise!!!! Don't hear what I am not saying (:

AnyWay Good Luck, God Bless, See you around.

#8 neur0tk

neur0tk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Twitter:neur0tk
  • Google+:neur0tk1@gmail.com
  • LocationLatrobe, Pennsylvania

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:33 AM

Glad to hear your getting better!!! Stay strong and god bless my friend!

#9 Giblet535

Giblet535

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

Best of luck to you, whatever direction you take.

I've got dust in my eye.
If I lived . I'd be ~ by now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users