Bubblegutz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:00 PM

Motorola RAZR, Razr MAXX and Droid4 Come with "Root Check" -

Please Login or Register to see this Hidden Content

Not sure if anyone has seen this yet. And i couldnt post in the news thread. So if a mod wants to move it. Anyways looks like moto puts a root check now. Will display a qe 0/0 in recovery if never rooted. And qe 0/1 if you have rooted.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#2 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:05 PM

Yes We know:

Thanks Though. Trust me, it's not a big deal either way.

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#3 quangtran1

quangtran1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Yes We know:

Thanks Though. Trust me, it's not a big deal either way.

I totally agree that this is no big deal.

#4 Bubblegutz

Bubblegutz

n00b

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Oh my bad wasnt sure if it was posted. As i am at work n didn't have time to search sorry for wasting people's time.

MODS CAN DELETE THREAD.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

#5 sgtguthrie

sgtguthrie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Twitter:@sgtguthrie1
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:09 PM

Bastards... As if the locked bootloader isn't enough of a efff you to the consumer, now how about a voided warranty even though root access has nothing to do with that dead power button or those dead pixels. I could see implementing it with an unlocked bootloader for the purposes of some dumbass returning a brick... Yada Yada, they should pay up. However, hardware failure (not related to overclocking) should not be voided by rooting or roaming period!

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

#6 tucstwo

tucstwo

www.drdevs.com

• Administrator
  • 14,435 posts
  • Twitter:tucstwo
  • Google+:tucstwo@gmail.com
  • LocationNJ
  • Current Device(s):LG G3 VS985, Nexus 7 (flo)

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

No disrespect, but this has been scare-tacticing the forum for 2 days now. People should relax because it means nothing on the grand scheme of things. It's business as usual. Don't let Moto or VZW scare you. If you phone breaks, it breaks and just because you rooted it means zippo
  • jw0914 likes this

Visit DRDevs.com hosting site for all official Droidrzr.com ROMs, Apps, GApps and other mods/files!!
Please PM me if you need help!
I will be hosting AOSP-Based ROM GApps packages!
Download the most Up-to-Date GApps Packages for AOSP ROMs from me here!

#7 jw0914

jw0914

All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMadison
  • Current Device(s):Nexus 6 [XT1103]

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

Bastards... As if the locked bootloader isn't enough of a efff you to the consumer, now how about a voided warranty even though root access has nothing to do with that dead power button or those dead pixels. I could see implementing it with an unlocked bootloader for the purposes of some dumbass returning a brick... Yada Yada, they should pay up. However, hardware failure (not related to overclocking) should not be voided by rooting or roaming period!

Sent from my DROID Razr Maxx via Tapatalk 2

I'd recommend taking the time to read your warranty before you start getting stressed, paying attention to the wording and what it actually says... not what vzw, motorola, or users who've never read the warranty tell you (tucstwo is entirely correct and I thought I came across a post they wrote a week or so ago explaining it in depth). It will answer your questions in reference to dead pixels, dead power button, etc.

Secondly, and my interpretation could be wrong, the article seemed to imply this only applied to Motorola phones that could have their boot loaders unlocked (even if this is the case, they also have nothing to worry about).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users